What's you're favorite mascara??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buxom made me fall in love but I still needed to use a curler. Tried Tartes light camera lashes and I am now in a happy affair sans the curler.

I am obsessed with Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara & Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes 

Quote: Originally Posted by lacylei /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Smashbox full exposure is my favorite
I have a sample size of this and every time I use it I remember how great it is and that I want to buy the full size!! 

I am currently using and on the fence about  "They're Real", because I want to love it but I just don't yet!

Ever since I was 13 I have used Loreal's Voluminous (original, non waterproof, in black/brown). It's the best drug store mascara for me and I always come back to it. I have found better higher end mascaras but I haven't found one better-enough to justify the fact that it costs anywhere from 4-8x as much as Voluminous. 

Actually....Mary Kay's lash love or bare minerals mascara. Really like the BM because of the shorter bristles, which makes it easier for me to get the lower lashes

o

Quote: Originally Posted by stacee7410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Definitely Benefit's They're Real. You don't even need a primer for this stuff! My old favorite was prescrptives mascara...which you can find in beauty outlets. But they closed our prescriptive counter here:(. I promise you won't be disappointed with the Benefit They're real!!
went to Sephora yesterday and they didn't have my usual Too Faced Better than False mascara....so I tried Benefit's They're Real...... Amazing!!!  I totally loved it - and your right, you don't even need a primer!  I put it on this morning and it was sooo quick and easy and my lashes just exploded!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have about 3 favorites in rotation, Too Faced Better Than Sex is just simply amazing.  Tarte Gifted is great for more natural looks.  Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme is also fantastic.  All three provide quite a bit of volume, Gifted not as much as the other 2 but it does layer very well.  Better Than Sex is the most difficult to remove for me, but still doesn't require too much extra effort.  I have no flaking or smudging problems with any of them.  And I like that they all have regular brush type wands since I am not a fan of the plastic spikey ones.

o went to Sephora yesterday and they didn't have my usual Too Faced Better than False mascara....so I tried Benefit's They're Real...... Amazing!!!  I totally loved it - and your right, you don't even need a primer!  I put it on this morning and it was sooo quick and easy and my lashes just exploded!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm glad that you like it. And the best thing about it you can choose how thick by more coats you add. It doesn't flake. I've used it for over 2 years and to me you can't beat it! I have considered too faced better than false.but I get stuck on one thing. Stay beautiful Davie<3

One more thing I'd like to add. I have tried tartes lights camera lashes. I wasnt a bit thrilled. I used it twice...within a 3 week period it had dried out. And yes I put the cap on tightly. I love Tarte Amazonian clay blushes and foundation..but the mascara scored a big fat zero for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by stacee7410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One more thing I'd like to add. I have tried tartes lights camera lashes. I wasnt a bit thrilled. I used it twice...within a 3 week period it had dried out. And yes I put the cap on tightly. I love Tarte Amazonian clay blushes and foundation..but the mascara scored a big fat zero for me
frown.gif

that's good to know.... I was going to try that, but fell in love with the Benefit first.... But I agree with you on the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation!

I just bought a mini size of too faced better than sex mascara so I'm excited to try that one. If it doesn't work I'll go into the next ones you ladies suggested :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've been using the green covergirl, and sometimes  use the orange one. I do want to use others, but they're so expensive

Quote: Originally Posted by MeaghanBrown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've been using the green covergirl, and sometimes  use the orange one. I do want to use others, but they're so expensive
yeah... I know what you mean... the higher end mascara's are sooooo expensive.  I really can't believe how much I spend on them.. I try not to think about it.

Quote: Originally Posted by MeaghanBrown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would reccomend Loreal's Voluminous to you! I buy the others but save them for when I really want my eyes to be 'wow' for a specific reason. I used to use those covergirl ones also and switched. 

I highly recommend Bobbi Brown's Lash Glamour Extreme. It lengthens and volumizes without clumping. Love it!

I love tarts lights camera lashes and loreal telescopic carbon black and benefit they're real and bare minerals ...flawless volume one?? I can't remember the name

I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but have you ever tried the serums like SmartLash or RapidLash? They seem to help a lot with lash loss/conditioning/growth. I noticed results within a month. And the non-prescription formulas available don't carry weird risks like Latisse does. You do need to keep using them to keep the new eyelashes strong and growing, but it's a thought. Using lash serum (whatever I can get a deal on or receive in a sub box), I can easily use cheaper mascaras (Maybelline's Falsies comes to mind).
I don't mean to veer off topic, but what I'm actually looking for is anyone who has bought Latisse or generic bimataprost online (from an online pharmancy) because I already know I like Latisse (I've been using it for 6 months), but it's getting pricey...I've found a few websites with really good deals, but I wanted to consult others before I just go buying something like this from abroad.

Hi everyone! A little background about my lashes, they're long but very sparse and brittle. Everytime I wear mascara I lose lashes and that's the last thing I want since I have so little lol. I haven't found my HG mascara but so far I do like Tartes Lights Camera Lashes. So tell me what's you're favorite mascara?
I'm currently in love with Urban Decay Supercurl Curling mascara.  Have you tried castor oil?  Lots of people swear by it for hair growth and extra thickness and it's pretty cheap for a bottle (under $10 in most places).

I am currently using Smashbox Full Exposure and I am really enjoying it. I have also used Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes and LOVED it. I don't often use high end mascara's because I find that many Maybelline or Cover Girl mascaras impress me and I don't feel the need to spend $16+ on one when a $4-7 one works just as well if not better

Back