When is to young to young?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
you know when you hear. your to young? well when are you old enough for a baby?

Reaction score
I think it has more to do with maturity than actual age. I also wanted to add that I had my kids when I was almost 30. I have twins. I am glad that I waited. I was much more mature and settled and had all of my partying out of my system.

I also have a close friend that got pg at 17 years old, she is one of THE BEST moms that I have ever met.

Reaction score
I chose there is no age limit cause....well..there isnt!! I had my first child when i was 16 due to me being irresponsible, but their teachers have no idea that I am 24 when they meet and talk to me!! Age is nothing more than a number IMO, and it has all to do with maturity level. People that want children need to evaluate how mature they are.

Reaction score
It depends on the person. I have met very mature 20 somethings that would be great Moms. I have also met extremely selfish irresponsible Women who are older. But it seems it is better to wait. I am 26, very mature and responsible. But I still am not ready for a baby....maybe when I am in my 30s.

Reaction score
I chose no age. I agree that it depends on the person. Age isn't always a guage of maturity.

Reaction score
i think it doesn't matter what age you are i also met a lot of people who matured at early age or saw people who were in their 30 or older and still acted like children.

Reaction score
I picked there is no right age simply because it will vary from person to person. Some may never want kids! But, in general, I believe 20-30 is probably the healthiest range for bearing and then raising kids.

Reaction score
I got pregnant at 25... wasn't exactly ready (but I was mature enough)... but it was amazing when it happened, and I'm the happiest I've ever been. Connor will be 18 months... it's been going by too quick. I love everyday.

Reaction score
oh yeah.. i remember that.. now. lol. i cant keep track.. i just think of things and wounder and post.. my bad

Reaction score
IMHO, you are "old" enough to have a baby when you can provide for it monetarily as well as emotionally.

Reaction score
I think when you are 20 or over. When your are financailly and mentally set. It is about being there that is the most imperative thing.

Reaction score
I think it depends on your situation and maturity, i was 26 when i had my eldest child, he is now 20, and 37 when i had my youngest child & two other children in between, having a child at 37 is quite different to having a child at 26, at 26 i was fine but at 37 i found it alot harder than i thought i would.

Reaction score
I personally feel that you do have to be mentally and financially ready before you have a baby, but that doesn't mean younger mums don't do a good job, it just means that all the odds are against them for making motherhood easier.

For me, I know that I would like a baby now, but a. I'm not financially ready and b. Even though I'd be a good mum, I am too selfish and I have things I want to do in my life before I have a baby.

If I were to get accidentally preggers then I'm sure I could cope and would be a good mum, but it's not what I would want for my baby

Hope that makes sense

Reaction score
There is no age limit to gage this. It is pretty much depends on your preparedness to be a parent to build a complete family with new members.....

Reaction score
LOL the Mods have great memory's

Originally Posted by MissMissy /img/forum/go_quote.gif oh yeah.. i remember that.. now. lol. i cant keep track.. i just think of things and wounder and post.. my bad

Reaction score
i guess the only person that can tell you whether you are too young for a baby is yourself UNLESS you are like 15 to 18 years old. that is too young to be having babies as you are still a baby yourself... okay not a real baby per se but still learning about what you as a person want in life. i was 21 when i had my first and 27 when i had my 4th and final baby... i am hoping she is my final anyways.

han

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AngelaGM /img/forum/go_quote.gif IMHO, you are "old" enough to have a baby when you can provide for it monetarily as well as emotionally. ditto!

Reaction score
I was 17 when I had my daughter [[my 18th birthday was a month after she was born]].It was unexpected and unplanned, but I love my daughter and I am an amazing mother, and her father and I are getting married, and he is an amazing father. We're deeply in love and we're a wonderful, happy little family.

Latest posts