When nail polishes thicken

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you do??? I rarely paint my nails during the semester so when i buy a bottle of nail polish it gets thick really fast even though i rarely open the bottle and i put it in the refridgerator. How can i save my nail polish???

i've heard you can add a little bit of non-acetone nail polish remover to it and shake it up .. and it thins it out.. i'm not completely sure though.

It kind of worked for me when I tried it, but I found it easier to just buy it new!

When that happens, I throw them away. You can buy nail polish thinner, but it sometimes thins the polish too much. I think everyone goes through this, especially if you buy lots of polish.

I think puttin nail polish thinner removes the gloss from the nail polish.

If u use banana oil this won't happen. It works really well.

where can i buy banana oil? is it expensive? and how much do i put?

I use Essie mostly and some OPI. I put them in the refridgerator b/c it makes them last longer and doesnt get thick as fast.

U can get it at an beauty store..places that sells manicure stuff should have it. And nope it's not expensive.

Or sometimes, if you have a matte or pearl color, you can add a little clear nail polish to get it moving again and still preserve the shine.

Adding polish remover to it will make it thinner for like 2 days, but afterwards it makes the polish become all gross.... Get some nail polish thinner.. OPI makes one... but there are cheaper ones out there as well...

Latest posts

Back