Where do you store your makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello!

You have received a lot of good advice from the girls here. I agree. Check out Ebay. I already had a Cosmetek MU case from years ago and almost two months ago,I bought a traincase on Ebay for $24.00 not including s/h.

It is very,very nice and I love it.

Sheridan

I have a large Sephora traincase, and 5 of the Martha Stewart Storage boxes...don't think they are available anymore...and then still stuff stashed in bathroom drawers and cabinets....way too much stuff!

I currently use a medium sized Caboodle that looks like a tackle box. It's not big enough so I have to keep surplus stuff (that I don't use every day) in one of those clear rubbermaid shoebox sized containers!
icon_redface.gif
icon_redface.gif
icon_redface.gif
I would really prefer to have everything in 1 large Caboodle or train case that I can carry around and things will stay securely in place. I keep my MU in a linen closet right off the bathroom.

Hi , yuantai16888

Welcome to MakeupTalk! Glad to have you here. We love having more hair product enthusiasts and are happy that you've joined!

You might not have been aware of the spam rules outlined in the registration section. It is considered "spamming" to promote other web sites with referral links. Chances are that you have overlooked this or did not fully understand it.images/smilies2/icon_redface.gif NO big deal! I have edited your post so that it does not have the promotional link. We want you on board, but need to be sensitive to the spam issue. Kindly review our rules here

Once again, thank you for joining MakeupTalk. We look forward to your posts.

Sincerely,

Liz

P.S. You can post a promotional link in your signature. Just go to "edit my profile" and type it the way that you'd like the message to be displayed on your posts.

I have the same exact traincase as luckylabonte that I got off of ebay for around $40 shipped. I have a pretty big collection and it all fits in there with room to spare. I don't know how big your collection is, if it is really big you should consider getting a couple of train cases. I was recently helping my friend find a cheap traincase and I went onto ebay and saw some really nice traincases, even nicer and larger than mine, for around $20 including shipping and handling
icon_eek.gif
Ebay will become your best friend!

my husband found me the cutest sterilite containers to transfer my makeup to. i think i may have already outgrown them, but i think he was sweet to think of me and my obsession while going though his day. lol
icon_lol.gif
right now i keep everything is boxes - those printed paper mache kind. one box each for eye shawdows, pencils, lipsticks and glosses, and foundations. being an esthetician i keep my products dated for easy disposal when the shelf life has expired. i use my traincase for skincare products that i travel with for my customers.

Originally Posted by sweetface18 HI! I was debating on the sephora midnight for a long while too, it pricey, but its wayyyy cheaper than mac. My husband got me the Sephora Midnight Train case, which I love. We were actually gonna get the MAC one, but even the MUA there said not to bother with it, as it is too expensive, and a nice tackle box from Home Depot or Canadian Tire will do.

Originally Posted by sweetface18 Hi, I'm new!
Where does everyone store their makeup? I was looking at the MAC train case, but $225? Does anybody know anything a little more affordable yet durable and stylish?

At the moment, everything is on top of my chest of drawers or else in my top drawer of the chest of drawers. I'm hoping to get some sort of tacklebox soon though. There's no way i'd spend that money for a MAC one!

Originally Posted by sweetface18 Hi, I'm new!
Where does everyone store their makeup? I was looking at the MAC train case, but $225? Does anybody know anything a little more affordable yet durable and stylish?

Since I don't have a lot of makeup I just store it in makeup bags..I know it sounds bad but I'm building my makeup collection slowly..one day I will eventually need one of those train cases..

Isn't is awesome?! I got it from the Container Store for just $12!!!! I totally love it!!! :icon_love

Originally Posted by NYCmakeupartist tracey,
I am salivating over the storage bins! Where did you find that, i have only been able to find the 6 drawer tower bins.
claps.gif

Back