Which box would you give as a gift?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I am looking to gift a 3 month sub to a friend of mine and can't quite decide which to choose...price really doesn't matter. She likes makeup but is a beginner with it so I'm not sure which sub to give her... I was possibly considering Popsugar Must Have or even Love With Food...basically any is an option as long as they have the gift option.

She's pretty easy going and loves surprises in the mail so I thought this was a fun idea for a gift.

Any suggestions? If you didn't have any subs which would you be excited about getting?

As always, I will recommend Starlooks Starbox. They don't have a 3 month gift option, but you can probably call their CS and set one up. They send out just their brand of makeup, and it's all high quality. 3 months would give her a month of neutrals, a month of mixed stuff, and a month of bold products.

I wouldn't recommend paying the full price for Love With Food. I really like it, but it's not worth the $12 a month to me when there's so many great food subs out there with bigger food portions. If you can find a good deal on it, it does make a good gift, though.

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As always, I will recommend Starlooks Starbox. They don't have a 3 month gift option, but you can probably call their CS and set one up. They send out just their brand of makeup, and it's all high quality. 3 months would give her a month of neutrals, a month of mixed stuff, and a month of bold products.

I wouldn't recommend paying the full price for Love With Food. I really like it, but it's not worth the $12 a month to me when there's so many great food subs out there with bigger food portions. If you can find a good deal on it, it does make a good gift, though.
I may call Starlooks tomorrow. I just checked them out and think she may like it. And do you have any recommendations on other food boxes? I currently get Love With Food (actually considering dropping it - undecided) and Graze but I'm not too familiar with other food boxes.

Goodies, Co. is a great food sub, but it's not giftable because there's an odd waitlist. Other than that and Graze I don't really know of any food-specific boxes.

Ahh! Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I may go with Starlooks if they will set up a 3mo sub. If not I'll go with popsugar, a bit pricy but I love my sub to PS so she probably will too!

Originally Posted by roxyupallnight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I may call Starlooks tomorrow. I just checked them out and think she may like it. And do you have any recommendations on other food boxes? I currently get Love With Food (actually considering dropping it - undecided) and Graze but I'm not too familiar with other food boxes.
I've gifted a friend with Birchbox before which is nice since the first box they get in the 3-month gift sub is kind of a welcome box. 

I get Love with Food and Graze which are good. I tried Petit Amuse too which was cute but a little expensive for what you get. My Dream Food box is Turntable Kitchen's Pairings Box

Blissmo has a food choice option every month and is around $20.

I used to get their boxes and have been pleased so far-but dropped their sub service as I am not in the US enough to get a monthly box.

But I do buy the individual Blissmo boxes if they have any left and have been very pleased.

I heard their customer service is bad now though- I did not have any issues at all before.

last box I bought in Nov/Dec was the "healthy home starter" and paid $40 instead of $50 and it said value of $100+ just 4 items I picked from the top of my box are worth $40+

I haven't had a chance to unbox it all but there is at least 20 items, mostly full size...

Latest posts

Back