Which is the best way to wash a Kabuki brush?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Johnson and Johnson baby wash...not shampooo......I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

I use it for alot of things, sometimes for my face, sometimes as body wash, sometimes i use it in a foot bath...its great stuff!

I have the BE brushes and use baby shampoo on them and they are super soft afterwards....are u sure you rinsed it well?

I use Johnson & Johnson's 2-in-1 baby shampoo and it leaves my brushes all really soft. For my kabuki, once I've blotted & reshaped it, I rest it on the edge of my sink with the bristles hanging most of the way off the edge so that they can dry.

This is an Excellent Idea! Resting it on the edge of a sink! I was going to suggest hangging it upside-down, suspended from the handle some how. I'm surprised that the manufacturer didn't include any directions...

I wash my brushes with warm water, shampoo first, rinse and then with hair conditioner and then you can shape them with your fingers and leave them dry by lying them flat over a towel until dry. NEVER dry them standing up, this is a no-no as they wont last.

If you use the brushes on yourself, to wash them once a week it's a good idea. But if you use the brushes in others, while at job you can just use a brush cleaner from Cinema Secrets, by pouring some of the solution in a glass or metalic jar, you dip the brush and then wipe it off on a paper towell, repeat it until you don't see any residues on the paper towell. At the end of the day, once you get home you need to wash them always. I put them on a cup with water and shampoo, leave them there for 10 mins and then rinse and put them on the cup with conditioner for another 5 mins. Then rinse and lay them flat to dry.

It's very important to keep your brushes always clean and sanitized so you don't contaminate anybody.

I know the Marlo Minerals brushes are natural bristle brushes and therefore should be cleaned in much the same way you wash your own hair: using a mild shampoo or liquid soap and some warm water, and gently lathering and rinsing repeatedly until the water runs clear. Then let air dry. It is especially important to clean your kabuki brush on a regular basis.

vanilla spice.. yum

what is a kabuki brush?? and what is it used for? I seen pictures of one...

Back