Who Taught You How To Do Makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm all trial and error. Lots of error. My mom never wore makeup until a couple of years ago when she bought a bare minerals kit. And nothing new since then. I don't even know where my makeup fascination comes from. Me & my cousin are the only ones in the family who suffer from/revel in it.

My mom never work makeup and I'm an only child.. Friends taught me tricks but I had to find what worked best for me so it was mostly buying products and trying them out. Realizing what the purpose of makeup is... And these forums taught me alot also.

Basically myself. I'm still learning though to do eye shadow. usually I keep it simple.

I learned a lot of tricks on my own that later on I would read in magazines.

I taught myself, by experimenting and playing around. Occasionally with disastorous results, but I got there in the end.

My mother doesn't wear make-up, neither does my older sister (she's more into rugby than lipstick) so I had no choice but to teach myself.

my mom taught me a little bit, and i'm hoping the beauty school i'm trying to get into will teach me a lot more

everything i know i learned myself with a little help of wizaz.pl ;] my errors wasn't very big;]

My mom taught me a little at first, and my brother's (now ex) wife gave me a Bobbi Brown book. In high school my friends taught me how to use liquid eyeliner, and a few years ago a very helpful Clinique makeup artist taught me a very flattering look using shades of brown (I wouldn't have thought to use browns on my own). For a long time I kept that one look, it was nice, but always the same. Then for a long time I just wore no makeup at all except foundation when my acne flared up. Now I'm getting interested in makeup again and want to learn new techniques, I'm learning a lot from here and plan to buy one of Kevin Aucoin's books.

trial.
biggrin.gif

Appearently I was abent the day my mother went over makeup!! lol So I had to learn it on my onw... Bought makeup books, and just observed what looked good and then tried to recreate it at home... Wasn't really into makeup until 4 years ago, but once I started.... I practiced every day for almost 2 years....

it started when i was accidentally find a make-up tutorials blog on google 5 years ago (i was in high school). i start to learn from that blog and done a lot of experiments.

Besides trial and error I remember another boy in my high school drama club showing me some basics.

Latest posts

Back