Why Did You Finally Join...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif Me, too. It's Karren's fault. Originally Posted by Darla /img/forum/go_quote.gif Karren got me to join here. MuT is very CD friendly and its been very helpful. Excellent thread. You can blame Karren for my presence here too
biggrin.gif

Basically I joined for 2 reasons. I needed help with makeup. I was a bit lost on the net and wanted to find a place where I would feel comfortable. I found everyone here to be very accepting of me and friendly.

Well I'd officially like to thank Karren for bringing some of our best contributers here!
wink.gif

I'm another one you can blame on Karren, Darla and S. Lisa for. Plus I really need some help, so I came to the home of the experts.

Jodie

I joined to learn some new techniques! I have a basic routine, but am looking to be more adventurous. Already picked up some great tips!!

I was looking for a new message board to chat with people and I found MUT while searching for makeup stuff. I joined and started posting the first day!

I found MUT while doing a search on product swatches and product reviews; I just love reading others' opinions of products and have learned a lot from people kindly taking the time to share their experiences! :) As you can all see I have so few posts at this point, so I'm still kind of unsure, but everyone seems friendly and I look forward to being a more active member here, as time allows. Thanks to those who created and maintain this website and by consequence creating community for like-minded people on the WWW!

I knew very little about makeup, but wanted to do more than apply mascara every morning, and discovered mut through a google search.

I was searching for makeup boards found this and I think the next day I was a member.

I was looking up reviews and swatches and stumbled onto the board and joined because I dont have anyone who understands my makeup habit.

I'm a makeup junkie, so why not join a forum where there are more chicks who share the same mindset as me? I just don't get the same reception at home when I find a gorgeous shade of shadow or eyeliner.

Originally Posted by fingers /img/forum/go_quote.gif i joined the day i found it! i was just googling for makeup tips and some threads came up, and from a quick read i thought this place looked really welcoming and friendly! I joined for the same reason!

Yay mut ! The other place i rather be beside my home, i was searching for pic tutorials i like vid tutorials but i think pic tutorials are much better and easyer to follow and that is how i join plus my husband was worry that i didn't use all the makeup i collected over the years it was just setting there in the dark and now that i join back to the makeup addicts club he wishes i could just shut up for a moment and don't say anything about mut lol thats all i talk about for the pass week, lol and plus everyone is so nice and you guys are just pure awesomeness.

A friend of mine recommended the forum, and I joined right away. Then I loitered for years before making my first post- lame, I know! LOL

But the main reason: I love make-up. I truly believe it enhances natural beauty, wether you wear a light more natural look or you indulge in color rich pigments for a more intense look.

I really appreciate the new ideas I pick up here, and the tutorials.

Thanks everyone!!!!

I didnt even lurk the boards before joining, i signed up and jumped right in!lol

I searched Google for a review on an e/s and MUT popped up. I joined so I could search reviews of other types of makeup. I never had used a forum before!!! I started reading through posts and soon I became an addict!!!!!!!

I was big on beauty forums at the time and really enjoyed that there were havens like this where I could talk about my addiction with other people suffering the same sick disease lol My friends in real life don't understand the obsession, so it was nice to have an escape where I could talk freely about eyeshadow and no one would think I was crazy lol

I joined up, posted awhile...lurked for awhile and then came out of the woodworks and have been posting ever since
smile.gif

Apparently, I had joined a few years ago...lol. I don't even remember signing up!

Back