Why Do Ladies Spend So Much $$ On Their Hair But Skimp On Face Care?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A couple of thread here had me thinking about this.. I mean this is our faces! the most important part of our bodies I think so anyhow

Can anyone answer this? I know its all preference .. I just don't understand it

I spend way more on my face than my hair. But....think about it, how much more do you spend on your face versus caring for your body?? Here we are slathering our faces with anit-wrinkle creams. Pretty sure bodies get wrinkled too.

The reality is you don't have to spend a lot of money on either to look good.

Cetaphil for cleanser - $10

Cetaphil and baking soda for an exfoliant 1 or 2 x week - $10 + 50 cents

Retin A for acne and/or wrinkles - $20 every 6 months

Olay moisturizer (if you need it, I don't) - $30

Sunscreen - $10 or maybe included in makeup such as Revlon Colorstay

so it is not necessary to purchase.

Maybe others have even better ideas to save money...

I moisturize my body as well Benebaby I didnt mean all women I should have stated "Some" lol

Cetaphil wrecks havoc on my face not sure why tho must be the chemicals

Originally Posted by Carolyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif The reality is you don't have to spend a lot of money on either to look good.Cetaphil for cleanser - $10

Cetaphil and baking soda for an exfoliant 1 or 2 x week - $10 + 50 cents

Retin A for acne and/or wrinkles - $20 every 6 months

Olay moisturizer (if you need it, I don't) - $30

Sunscreen - $10 or maybe included in makeup such as Revlon Colorstay

so it is not necessary to purchase.

Maybe others have even better ideas to save money...

Cetaphil® Daily Facial Cleanser For Normal to Oily Skin is effective for normal, combination or oily skin. Its non-irritating formula is designed to remove surface oils, dirt and makeup without leaving skin feeling tight or overly dry. It is a foaming cleanser that leaves skin with a clean feeling. It doesn’t leave behind any irritating residue and is non-comedogenic.
Ingredients: Purified Water, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate (and) PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben

-------------------

This is what I use

Eminence Organic cleanser the ingredients are

Active Ingredients:

• Stone Crop Juice and Pulp: lightens, heals, hydrates

• Soap Base (free of Sodium Lauryl Sulphate): cleanses and softens

• Shea Butter: antiseptic, calming and restorative agent

It all depends on the individual person and what they prefer, and like Carolyn, said, it dosent take much money to do either or. I spend the same amount on hair products as I do on skin products. And just because something is organic dosent mean that it is best. My products are not organic and work just fine. For people with problematic skin problems, organic isnt enough, otherwise I would have been rolling my face in the grass.......

LOl April they dont put grass in face cleanser but great point!

But yes I think Organic is better because no chemicals

Originally Posted by Aprill849 /img/forum/go_quote.gif It all depends on the individual person and what they prefer, and like Carolyn, said, it dosent take much money to do either or. I spend the same amount on hair products as I do on skin products. And just because something is organic dosent mean that it is best. My products are not organic and work just fine. For people with problematic skin problems, organic isnt enough, otherwise I would have been rolling my face in the grass.......

Yeah, I agree Ricci
smile.gif
but we live in a day and age where chemical intervention is necessary sometimes, People that have used accutane for instance can vouch for that!!!!!!!!
wink.gif

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I spend alot more on skin care products than I do on hair care products. Just because something is expensive doesn't mean it works better either.

Perhaps,, IMHO I often notice cheaper brand stuff if full of chemicals our faces dont really need

Originally Posted by kaville /img/forum/go_quote.gif I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I spend alot more on skin care products than I do on hair care products. Just because something is expensive doesn't mean it works better either.

i spend way more money on my face than on my hair.

which is why my face is in better shape than my hair is most of the time.

I spent much more money on skincare than hair products, but i gotta say, I spend even more money on makeup, muahaha

i spend an equal amount on haircare and facecare products, when i can i go for organic. what concerns me more is how some mornings i'm in a rush and forget to apply body lotion. our body needs a moisturizer too, right?

I would say I spend equal amounts for the face and hair. I'm always looking for something better though.

The real question is:

Why do women so often spend so much money to keep their face looking young, when their neck tells a different story?

Good point.. I always pay attention to my neck

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif The real question is:
Why do women so often spend so much money to keep their face looking young, when their neck tells a different story?

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif The real question is:

lmao!

Latest posts

Back