Why do you love makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's so fun to play with, hehe! I like to dress up and put on pretty make-up when I go out.

On a daily basis I use very little though, sometimes nothing. I don't like to look 'fake'. I prefer the natural look! So basically I care more about skin products so I look good even without make-up.

Hmmmm difficult question!

When I was a young teenager I used to be a right rebel, all this wearing black and listening to heavy metal, and I used to love standing out from the crowd and being different by doing weird things with my hair and makeup!!

But now i've grown out of the wearing black and massively thick eyeliner, but I do still like to stand out from the crowd and only do strange things to my hair on special occasions hehe.

So I guess I love makeup because it gives me a chance to express individuality without going too over the top!

makeup is very fun to play around with. there are so many possibilities you can do with makeup! it's kind of like art, you know? but your face is a canvas. lol

i personally feel that makeup makes me feel more feminine and i do feel more confident with it on.

I see it as art. I really admire what some of the makeup artists out there can do, & strive to learn how to be as good as they are. I'm also very girly, so things like makeup are fun for me. I like playing with & trying out different products. I love fun packaging & new collections. Plus, I just don't feel as hot when I don't have any makeup on.
lol.gif
I guess when my skin's okay I do, but I feel 100X better about myself with a little foundation on.

I used to be a tomboyish girl.. well at least a couple of years ago I was always thinking that I would never have the energy to do my makeup every day before going out. But I think once I had tried it a couple of times, it became addicting because I realized how much better I can look with it. Plus, when I started breaking out badly for no reason when I was 19 or 20 I didn't want to step out of my house looking so hideous! hehe

I've always loved makeup. My mother was and is very classy and has a beautiful look. I want ot look the best I can and makeup helps!

I have always loved MU since I was a child. While most kids would go into a store and drag their parents into the toy section of the store, I was dragging my parents into the make up section. I would love to try on the nailpolishes at the store and look at all the different shades and make up items that were out. I also loved playing make up. That love of make up that began with me as a child has only grown as I got older. I love trying all sorts of new make up products and experimenting with every color.

I had stopped wearing makeup when I got pregnant with my daughter some years ago, and would only put it on special occasion. So that meant I would have to go out and purchase new makeup over and over again. So recently I went to a gf sister MK party and I got hooked on MK Mineral powder. So looking on youtube and searching MU forums I went back to wearing mu almost full time. I love the new eyeshadow looks I can make now and all the natural looks I have, cover my dark under eyes and all the great comments I get.
rockwoot.gif

i only got into makeup recently, and that was way after college. i did wear a little makeup before but mostly just out of necessity and not really because i'm into it.

but lately im very interested with makeup because when i attend some events or occasions no matter how nice your outfit is, if you're not wearing any mu, you look plain.

Like Darla, I started wearing make up to look and feel more feminine, without make up I do look like a guy. However its much more than that for me now, there are endless choices and possibilities to be creative with your looks with make up, I'm still very much learning and its constantly a challange for me to try a different looks or eye colour combos. And for some some strange reason I can't stop buying it lol I have enough to get by but I do enjoy collecting, buying and occasionally when I can, wearing it.

Makeup for me is a self esteem and confidence booster. Without makeup I look manly and when I put makeup on I look so much better and love the way I look. Makeup was something I got into in highschool and have loved it ever since. Its part of my daily routine just as showering and brushing my teeth are. I also view makeup as art and love the way you can do one style one day and a diffrent style all together the next day. I just love makeup and the fun you can have with makeup.

Back