Why don't people like nail art?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im a nail artist but, while I love to create for the comps, when it comes to my own nails I go through phases where I actually cant stand to wear art at all.

Right now my nails are totally natural, pretty long, and filed to a point (stiletto).

02.jpg
boogie nights

heres more for you jessyann these are acrylics and you can polish over them and remove your polish without messing up the nail art

these are called Boogie nights acrylics the glitter is in the powder or if you dont want glitter they have color acrylics

I do like glitter tips myself, I tend to wear rich colours in the winter and if I wear acrylic nails (which isnt so often now) in the summer, I wear a very pretty twinkling, almost transluscent shimmer in clear tips ... even women who dont normally like this sort of thing tend to go for those, big time!

i agree^^ i stop wearing tips for a long time untill they came out with the boogie nights acrylics and most of the time its not done with tips but sculpture nails if you want them all over the nails and not just the tips

I think most of us women cant help being drawn to a bit of bling, its in our nature!

When I sculpt my own nails, I create glitter tips by using clear acrylic and adding Art Institute Glitter to my mix, Ive created some awesome combinations.

Its late here in the Uk & bed is calling but if noobs can post pics here?

I'll post my twinkle glitter tips tomorrow if Im allowed :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

yeah you can add stuff to the powder i like to add hearts/stars

I like nail art. I used to just go for the french manicure with one nail decorated. I moved to Michigan and started going to this nail salon where I got to try several different designs on my nails. I went from one nail decorated to all nails with the design on them. I enjoyed the designs that I matched to outfits. I got a lot of compliments. Whatever floats your boat.

I want some hardcore nail art like in nail shows in japan. I tried to pierce my nail once but it only lasted a short time before it broke lol! My nails get as long as those pics up there^^

I used to dislike nail art b/c it reminded me of a babysitter my sisters and I used to have who would paint/decal her nails instead of paying any attention to us. She was very vain and self absorbed, and gave us all loathsome, unaffectionate, slightly baffling nicknames (I was "Waldo") and couldn't really always tell the four of us apart. Furthermore, I'm still not sure it ever dawned on her that my youngest sister Carey was a girl: she called Carey "Harry" and once I heard her on the phone saying she was watching"3 little girls and one...like, boy." My own feelings then for Carey aside, one thing never in physical question was her gender, and this ignorance just sort of embodies to me this blandly beautiful babysitter's utter indifference to us all---that and,of course, her nails, which she must have spent,easily, two hours every time coatng and recoating and designing,while somehow seeming always to be in inscrutable adolescent conversation on the

phone at the same time. And--

Oh well, I guess that's too much information?A little bit too PERSONAL of a response?:brsh:

lol sierra! I understand though. That's really weird about the nicknames and her calling Carey Harry. Harry Carey?

I never thought I'd hear a real babysitter story like that. lol

i think some are really cute!

but when there's too much stuff on especially on EVERY fingernail, then it gets a little tacky.

I just removed my acrylics about 4 months ago. My nails are just getting strong enought to get a proper manicure. I'm definately going for design on the nail. this time it will be my natural nail.

Latest posts

Back