Woman Almost Dies After Bikini Wax

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's scary!!!

I get my brazilian done every month.
scared.gif

WOW...and major OUCH!!! I feel sorry for her, I had a horrible experience with Nair, down under, and lemme tell you, when you are in pain in that region...it ain't no joke....(I know that's not grammatically correct but that ISH hurts.)

Oh great!! I'm a type I diabetic who just had her first bikini wax in like 25 years.

Thats kinda sick and scary, we've been learning in school about all the kind of stuff you cant perform on someone with diabetes, it sucks I always wondered how come it would hurt them. i guess now I know how.... I feel sorry for that person, especially since they continue to get it done... I mean I'd rather have a bush then have to go thru that kind of infection and outbreak every few weeks..... and it gave her herpes? I would stay away if I had an experience like that!

Man that's sad... I hope people with these diseases are properly warned about this....

I also had a messed up experience with waxing a couple of weeks ago.. I had finished waxing.. and a couple of days later I had like 3 pimples appear on my right leg.. I thought oh well, they'll end up disappearing in a few days.. But they kept getting bigger... and bigger... AND BIGGER.... until my mom dragged me by the ear to the doctor... Who ended up putting me on antibiotics! Turned out it was an infection and if left untreated it could have infected the rest of my blood
frown.gif

It's so scary to hear these things but people can be really slack when it comes to waxing, and that warm temp is the perfect breeding ground for all kinds of bacteria.

We have to be so careful of infections because it's hard for out bodies to fight them off. You'd be amazed how long it takes a little blemish to heal. That's one of the reason it's so important for us to keep our blood sugar levels in control. The more sugar in our blood the harder it is to heal.

Every waxing kit I have used has had a warning saying that people with compromised immune systems shouldn't use them. I've never had a wax done professionally before, but they really should be warning people to keep them safe.

That is so scary. I never even gave a thought that someone with diabetes might want to stay away from waxing!

I would rather grow trees outta my bikini line than almost die trying to trim. I mean, seems like a pretty fair trade. Tree pubes for life.

I feel that articles like this are scaremongering. An interesting read but I think it was more of a one off than, as they made out, that waxing might be life threatening, LOL

thanks for posting though
biggrin.gif

Back