Woman fined for applying make-up while driving!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a dummy, Thank God she didn't get anyone killed for her foolsh actons :madno:

I don't drive, but even if I did I wouldn't do that.

i think she totally deserved it. who the hell does that? i love makeup, but i wouldn't put anyone's life at risk because of it!

If apply ANYTHING it is lipgloss/lipstick and only at a red light! NEVER ever while moving at all!

I heard of that today in the news. Me and my hubby thought it was hilarious. lol. :laughing: Women! :satisfied:

Hi,

I'm hope she has learned a very valuable lesson ('cus it sure was an expensive one).

What a stupid girl. If you *are* running late, just take your makeup with you and put it on in the parking lot, STOPPED, of wherever you are heading. That would probably take less time, because you are focusing on the road and getting there faster by going the speed limit and paying attention, and then taking a couple minutes to put on the last bits when you've parked, not going slow in your car trying to put on makeup using the rearview and being reckless. Or like Trisha said, just get up earlier or skip it!

It does seem kind of harsh, but I think they were just trying to make an example out of her, hence the intense penalties. Sucks for her that she had to be the one they used. But really, both hands off the wheel? Bad idea. I don't even apply make-up at red lights, cuz I know its dangerous. Save it for when you're waiting for the car to warm up, thats enough time for me to apply lip liner, lipstick AND gloss.

I have done tons of things in a car that I would not recommend doing...but not this one, not yet....and I don't think I'll be taking this Pepsi challenge anytime soon..but also, driving along the country back roads in California is different than the M5 or 4 or whichever the road to Bristol is called. I've driven both and all over the UK..there is no way I would ever attempt so much as drinking a soda trying to drive in England..much less put on MU.. :wassatt:

I've never driven anywhere but the US, and I have enough trouble dealing with bad drivers, so I don't want to be one myself! I don't even like to talk on the phone or eat food while I'm driving. The most I will do is drink (not alcohol, sillies!) and put on lipbalm at stop lights. I can't do the balancing act with food and steer with my knees unless I want food down the front of my shirt!

Just to give an idea, roads in England are generally much different to those in the US. We are a small country with lots of cities/towns/villages close together - no vast plains here! lol We do have country roads (where the majority of accidents actually happen) but they are never straight and deserted, they usually wind all over the place :wacko: I digress... Yes driving in England you will come across pedestrian crossings, junctions and roundabouts (especially!) too often to not pay attention to the roads. That being said, drivers here are pretty responsible overall. She should have known this was wrong and that a car rear view mirror is not for looking at yourself in! :icon_lol:

she def. got what she deserved. she probably does this sort of thing all the time, and if this was a case where it turned into a huge accident, people would say, "why wasn't she punished for doing this sort of thing before"

Ley, thank you for the clarification! I mean, there are certain roads In Nevada USA where you could not only eat a meal, but make a meal, change your clothes, etc. ok. I'm stretching it a bit...but yeah..I've never done anything crazy (yet!) on any roads in Europe. It's way too dangerous.

WOW!! hummm.... I guess it is true...BIG BROTHER is watching you at all times! :policeman: I have to think though, her makeup must have looked frightful!!! :w00t: I need both hands and my feet on the ground when I apply eye makeup!! But, yes, I have applied lip & powder while driving!!! GUILTY!!! :w00t:

Back