• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Worried and hesitating to swap after reading some posts...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Makeupbytrish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would be super careful doing a swap anywhere I did one and got scammed out of hundreds of dollars from a girl that does this all the time all over the place. I have the video on my youtube at twishycareastar .. Be careful not really worth it to be honest 

Thanks Makeupbytrish
Hi Makeupbytrish,

I'm sorry that happened to you.

Maybe I'm confused about swaps. I thought the way its supposed to work is you have some stuff in your makeup stash that you don't want anymore (too many of similar kind, received as a sample but don't like, etc..) and I have stuff I don't like or don't want and we agree to exchange stuff in our make up stash. It sounded like you picked out some things for the other person and bought them and sent them to her?

Again, I'm very sorry that happened, I know you were very upset in the video and rightly so. But still, I really thought swaps was about giving products you already own to someone that might use or like it and also getting something you might like/use in return. Am I wrong about this? I have not done any swaps myself yet, but thought clearing out some things I don't want and get some new things to try sounds like its a great idea.

I looked into the matter. Trish didn't do a trade here on MUT. The person in question is Megansmakeup101 - someone she had been corresponding via email and someone I'm familiar with as a MyGlam Ambassador. Unfortunately Trish was burned badly because she was too trusting. She fell for a con. Personally as I said I've had my own dealing with Megan via Facebook and email due to being a MyGlam Ambassador and my gut instinct was that of distrust. I was polite to Megan via email and tried to let her down gently (Megan wanted to be guest blogger/have access to my blog as well as be my personal assistant and fly with me places). Last I heard from Megan was via email about a month or so ago when she asked me if I was interested in buying used products from her blog sale.

I have since learned that Megan contacted a few other MyGlam Ambassadors back in March and has subsequently made some bad trades with other people on other sites/via email or Facebook. She (Megan) has since deleted her accounts with Twitter, Facebook and her YouTube channel. The following video is from Trish who explains what had happened. I do not know how many other people were affected by Megan on Facebook or on MyGlam's Facebook wall but I do know Megan was a member here on MUT (still is, I haven't banned the account as she has done nothing wrong on MUT) with only 1 post under her belt.

Back