Wow, I really dislike going to Sephora.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really think it depends on the store as opposed to Sephora as a whole. I have been ignored for over 30 minutes in a Sephora when I needed help with a new foundation and it irritated me to NO END. It happens almost every single time I go to a certain Sephora near me (Fashion Valley in SD). I barely get a hello in there. It's really irritating when you want assistance and no one is there offering any. Most of the time I get someone smiling at me, complementing my make-up and walking right past me.

On the other hand I've gone to other Sephora's in different parts of the country and been hounded. I really think it just depends on the store.

I hate any SA's following around me either in Sephora or MAC.Of course having lived in France, my French is still isnt that good, but Im able to communicate somehow with them by politely saying Im just looking around.I never trusted their suggestion as Ill go for reviews on the net for most of the products.Everything had been a success for me except for the NARS foundation which broke me out crazily.I got it refunded but its not the same SA.

Well she did apologise for her collegue to have suggested the Sheer Glow and instead she strongly advise me to go wt the Sheer matte foundation.I was like wth, and I told her my face is like combination but mostly dry how am i going to wear matte foundation?She said because its oil free.I was already starting to b***ch fit because I know better about my skin.But then I dont blame her thou coz she is just doing her job..I just smiled and walked away saying no thanks
smile.gif

They do that a lot to me at Victoria's secret Beauty. It's irritating.

OMG the worst place was the Sears beauty dept. when it was open. I swear those ladies never left me alone and I was like 12. I remember I was buying a scented lotion and the lady was trying to get me to buy a color workshop makeup kit, I wasn't even allowed to wear makeup!

The last couple times I went to a sephora (not were i live because there are none close to me
frown.gif
but on vacation) Noone would ever help me and they were snotty!

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's what they get paid for. I just politely say im just looking and they go away. Exactly this! I always agree with Jen though.. when I go in there needing help, I expect someone who knows what the hell their doing.

I agree, they get paid to do so. Just politely say, I'm browsing/just looking, but I'll let you know if I need any help.

I go to the ULTA around here and I have the opposite situation. I went in and tried to ask them a question and nobody knew the answer, nor did anyone try to find the answer for me. They all seemed too busy in their own world. I would at least like a staff who is knowledgable about what they are selling. One time I asked for an automatic eyeliner pencil that they would recommend and then when I got home and opened it up it was the kind you have to sharpen. how dissapointing. I can see why Sephora and the super nosy SA would get on your nerves though!

Ok so this wasn't Sephora, but today while I was browsing the cosmetics in Shoppers Drug Mart the woman working there never ONCE took her eyes off of me. She first approached me and asked me if I was interested in anything in particular, and once I told her I was just looking, she stood off to the corner and basically watched me the entire time I was swatching testers. It made me feel really uncomfortable and every so often I'd even throw her a look hoping she'd get the hint, and she never once looked away. You'd think she'd at least try to make it look like she hadn't been staring at me for the past fifteen minutes, but even then she locked eyes with me and refused to look anywhere else.

Do these people realize how rude it is to just stare and watch a person's every move like a hawk?

It's called Theft Control and usually since the people at Sephora see me all the time, they leave me alone. When I worked at Benefit, people stole testers all the time and it was very annoying! Since Sephora leaves most of their inventory out, I am sure there is a lot of theft and empty boxes too. I will tell ya, when I did inventory at Macy's there was an insane amount of stolen goods reported and the stats were that 70% of that was from employees.

Originally Posted by Scarlette /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's called Theft Control and usually since the people at Sephora see me all the time, they leave me alone. When I worked at Benefit, people stole testers all the time and it was very annoying! Since Sephora leaves most of their inventory out, I am sure there is a lot of theft and empty boxes too. I will tell ya, when I did inventory at Macy's there was an insane amount of stolen goods reported and the stats were that 70% of that was from employees. I do understand that, but did she really have to stand off to the corner and watch me like a hawk the entire time? She couldn't have made herself more obvious. Not to mention, I go there all the time for Lise Watier makeup, so many of the ladies know me pretty well from my frequent visits, nor have any of them breathed down my neck. Sure, they sit at the till and keep a close eye on everyone, but not to the point of where they single one person out and stare at them the entire time they are there. I just felt very uncomfortable and rushed. I generally like to swatch things before I buy, and I like my breathing room when doing so.

Latest posts

Back