Wow! She's that old already?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teen Spirit, does bring back memories, I was probably about her age when I started wearing deoderant and stuff, I remember because like a year later I started my period...LOL...btw they still sell Teen Spirit too, I saw it this morning at Wal-Mart.

scary isn't it! i just gave my 9 yo her first deoderant a few weeks ago, but now i think i will take her to pick out her own. they grow too fast!! i don't even know when i should have the dreaded "grown up talk" with her. i bought this awesome book from bath and body works that is meant for little girls. it explains everything from acne and body odor, to menstruation and shaving. i think i will give it to her when she turns 10.

I got my first deodorant at 10, and wore my first bra at 9...haha. It's so weird how fast kids grow up, come to think of it. My first deodorant was secret, and I felt way too special, and the boys got Old Spice, haha. It came in this package with pads and stuff for the girls, so it was weird, and a weird class, but I came home and I was like MOM, I have deodorant, isn't it awesome?!

You should let her pick her own, it'll make her feel girly and grown up.

My oldest daughter is 7 1/2 and she is already funky under the arms. I had to tell her the other day to take a shower and put some deodorant on, it was quite funny. They grow up to quick, makes my heart hurt
frown.gif

How cute! I'd let her pick her own! I can't for the life of me remember when I started wearing deodorant! Oh well...now I know approx. when to expect Aleda to start wearing it. lol....

lol i was like 8...i thought deodorant was the coolest thing and im like so into hygiene....like always taking showers by myself, using my limited too body spray lol and brushing my teeth extra hard with baking soda...i even had the clean teeth chart in the bathroom!

Back