Yaz birth control pill?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Lia /img/forum/go_quote.gif And there is no proof that fewer periods are harmful - remember, in the past, women became married at 15 , had 10-15 kids, one after the other (while breastfeeding), and died at 45 - because of that, many of them had less than 100 periods (that's a random number) their entire life. very true, I never thought about it this way.

Yup - on the past most of the women were either pregnant or breastfeeding their babies most of their lifes - few of them had less than 4, 5 kids.

Yasmin was a BAD medication for me. I was on it for a few years but suddenly my body started having major issues with it. I actually just recently blogged about it if you care to read what it did to me. Just be aware that it's rather TMI and a bit graphic. I have a feeling my experience was a real freak case as my doctor didn't know what was wrong with me.

O_O <--- IUD Girl Rant..... - MakeupTalk

I hated it. I've been on so many different forms of b/c that I've lost count. I'm nearing my 9th year and I often worry about how it's effecting my health. Over the past year my periods have shortened to 2 days of very light spotting. I know it sounds like a dream but it's a bit unnerving.

Right now I'm using the Nuva Ring. It's the best so far as it's quite fuss free but I'm still moody and I won't get into the weight gain issues.

The info on Yaz and Yasmin is really interesting. I wish I had of known more about it before I decided to take the medication. My doctor insisted that it's one of the best meds on the market.

I take Yasmin. I have terrible problems with my periods and yasmin has helped me a lot, things have improved pain wise with my periods.

I've been taking Yaz for a little while now.. I'm currently half way through my second pack. When I first started taking the pill, I was moody and kind of sad over nothing. It was really awkward and annoying at first but those symptoms completely went away. I used to get TERRIBLE periods and unbearable cramps to the point where I would have to stay home from school, call out of work, not hang out with my friends, etc. I used to be so irritable and I was always agitated (prior to taking the pill), but I have noticed that since I've been on it, I'm 10 times calmer. My periods are so much lighter. I don't even get cramps AT ALL. I lost about 8 pounds. I no longer suffer from really bad PMS. I'm less moody. There's been so many positives that came out of taking this pill. It's the first birth control pill I have ever went on and I absolutely recommend it to anyone. You're going to read a lot of negative reviews, but many birth control pills are the same. They tend to have the same side effects as each other. What it comes down to is if you feel comfortable enough to take that risk. Some people get unlucky, some people get lucky. It's all about how your body reacts to the specific pill and hormones.

Hope my review helped :)

I have had a lot of the same thoughts about stopping periods. Yaz actually only shorts or lessens your period however and for people like me its great. Since I was in 5th grade I have had irregular periods, severe acne and periods that went from 1 week in between to months in between with the period lasting for sometimes weeks and such severe blood loss that I was almost given blood transfusions a couple times. The fact that I did not have periods for such long periods of time caused so many problems that I ended up in the hospital hemorrhaging to death from an infection.

I was on Yazmin for quite some time and it help mostly, but when my family history of PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) came to light, my doctor moved me to Yaz. It has been so wonderful too bad they didn't have this stuff along time ago, unfortunately I am 31 now and I will never be able to get rid of the severe scarring that I was left with from my cystic acne.

Your doctor is your best bet, as long as you have a dr. that listens and really looks at your health and history.

awesome info ladies i actually just made an appt with my doc....its a different doc though and hes male so im kinda nervous about it. i asked for a female doc and they told me i would have to wait way tooo long...ugh anyway i am gonna ask many questions and see what happens-thank you all for the great testimonilas and extensive info- aloha~deb

Dear debbiedeb77,

You can find the details on the yazmin at International Drug Mart. Hope so the information is helpful.

this thread is 3 years old, which is why the beginning makes no sense.  It appears a lot of the posts may have been lost or something.

Always talk to your doc before starting a new birth control, and every single birth control affects people differently, so honestly you can only try it out and see how it works out for you.  It doesn't matter if it works "perfectly" for most people, you might be the person who has the weird side effect.

I'd also like to note that there is a new generic for Yaz called Gianvi, and while it is the generic version it doesn't quite work the same way. Some of the patients I've talked to has claimed that Gianvi isn't quite as effective as the brand name Yaz. However, this does vary from person to person, and if you're going to the doctor make sure to ask him about Gianvi too.

And if you decide to take the brand name Yaz, make sure you tell the pharmacist or else they might dispense the less expensive Gianvi. Also brand name Yaz tends to be quite expensive even with insurance, so I also recommend trying to get some coupons from your MD or from Yaz's website:

http://www.yaz-us.com/consumer/yaz_xpress/sign_in/index.do For quick processing make sure you give them the coupons/discount cards when you drop off the prescription.

EDIT: I didn't realize this was such an old thread. I'm sorry! But the info I've posted is still relevant for anyone who needs it.

I've been taking yaz for about 6 months now and due to spotting my doctor switched me to yasmin. Im worried that I will have an initial breakout from the switch. Has anyone made the switch and can tell me If you broke out???

Back