Your Best Oily Skin Remedy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Milk of Magnesia is an over the counter liquid laxative. You can purchase it at any local drugstore, pharmacy, or supermarket. You will be using it topically (on your skin), so I'm not sure how or if it would counteract with any prescription medication. You may want to ask the pharmacist or your doctor...

well this is how i use it.. i don't use the milk of magnesia at night. I use differin at night. In the morning i don't use differin so i use the milk of magnesia only on my t-zone after my sunscreen.

Originally Posted by nlee22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif milk of magnesia! Works wonders. I just started using it after all the reviews about it. I told my co workers about it and they think I'm crazy. I don't care just as long it works. I applied a light coating on my t-zone after my moisturizer with spf15. Then i put on my primer and my makeups. I only had to blot once today. I couldn't find milk of magnesia in the local supermarket or pharmacy so I got Mylanta and it works superbly under my makeup.
Also, a mixture of kaolin clay and silica powder used under and over my makeup is another option for me.

Btw, I have oily and acne-prone skin with large pores. Ughh!

i switched my cleanser to dermalogica special cleansing gel and that seems to have helped a lot. now i'm using aloe vera gel as a moisturizer and that seems to be helping as well. i also have them put an oil control additive is my prescriptives custom blend. i still get some break through, but just not so early in the day. hope this helps some. let us know what you decide to try.

Originally Posted by SewAmazing /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use Baking soda as a mask, then I scrub it off with warm water to exfoliate. I am interested in trying the oil control gels, but in the meantime, I brush my face with cornstarch before or after applying makeup. Helps a lot in the summer.... i tried an oil control gel by sundari and it worked well, but broke me out after a few days.

hi, i've actually tried this one and it works. i usually wash my face after taking a shower, that way, i wash off any film from my hair conditioner or shampoo which causes oil buildup or breakouts.

Originally Posted by Nazarite27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Mehrunissa, where did you find camellia oil? TIA goldportbeauty.com sells it for about $15. a little goes a long way.

Back