Your favorite designer lipsticks?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with this...I have Succulent Pomegranate, Mouthwatering Berry and Cool Guava. They are all great and pigmented/last well for what they are...fancy lip balms. I find that Succulent Pomegranate at least leaves a bit of a stain as it fades. They are all awesome and I highly recommend them...disregard Temptalia's bad review...first of all the shade she reviewed is extremely sheer and doesn't show up, and I think the feel of these balms is NOT like vaseline or any drugstore lip balm. Also I LOVE the smell, really fresh and fruity!

Dior Lip Glow balm is really awesome too, and it's good if you want a more moisturizing balm. It supposedly changes to your perfect shade of pink...not sure how true that claim is, but it does change colors which is pretty neat at least!

Originally Posted by Bethesda1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the YSL Glossy Balms. They are really beautiful and glowy. They are sheer, but I like that for warmer weather. I have Mouthwatering Berry which I imagine would look good on anybody and is quite pigmented. I also have Dewy Papaya, which is actually my favorite but might not show up well if you have darker lips. They don't last an impressively long time, but they wear off in a way that doesn't leave weird lines since they are rather sheer.

As somebody else said the Guerlain Rouge Automatiques come in cool tubes, but they are not weighty at all. However the more expensive Rouge Gs are very weighty and have a nifty case, when you take the bullet out of the case it pops open into a nice mirror!

I really like the Burberry lipsticks...even their "sheer" lip mists are very nice and pigmented. I haven't tried their other line but they are likely very nice. The case isn't heavy but it's still luxe. 

Dior Rouge Diors are very nice lipsticks and a very nice case although plastic (they look like the compacts). Dior Addict and Addict extreme are very nice, but plastic as well.

Chantecaille Lip Chics are housed in a nice metal tube, although they are too thin to be considered heavy they are worth every penny...the lipstick itself is great too. 

Tarina Tarantino lipsticks are nice, although in no way high-end...but the tube is very heavy haha.

Originally Posted by TeresaDouglas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, that shade does sound lovely! Glad to read that Tom Ford lipstick performs according to its price point! I may have to splurge on one...just one! Now to pick which one!

Next time I'm in the US (I don't think anywhere in Canada sell TF's beauty line yet) I'm going to get the Blush Nude lippie haha... I'm such a nude lip junkie =)

I found Chantecaille lipsticks to be nice too. I'd LOVE to try Tom Ford if it just wasn't so expensive. That's too much for me. I'm willing to pay for high-end but that's too high-end for me. Burberry is another line I'd love to try. Chanel Rouge Coco lipsticks are more sheer but Rouge Allure is not. The colors are beautiful. I have one Rouge allure lipstick and love it.

i'm currently using the Dior Addict Lip Glow and it's amazing.

i got it from Sephora but made my purchase via studentrate.com to get 5% cash back

Back