Your HG makeup brand ? :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MUFE for my foundation, Mally and Tarte for mascara, Lorac for eye primer, MAC for blush, Too Faced for bronzer. Those are my fave brands with my HG products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

MUFE for my foundation, Mally and Tarte for mascara, Lorac for eye primer, MAC for blush, Too Faced for bronzer. Those are my fave brands with my HG products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I've never tried Tarte, I should definitely give it a try !

Originally Posted by annerose95 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love their Lights, Camera, Lashes! It's great, or at least it is for me!

Ah cool, np. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Yeah, they finally opened up one here as well not too long ago... And I do what you do. It's just too bad that they don't have the full stores here in Canada like they do in the US, Europe, the Middle East and in South Africa. And just like your experience, they do make the effort to get in what you need, which they have done for me on several occasions in the past with no issues, even if you change your mind, they'll put it on the shelf, rather than return it to Head Office.
I'm still waiting for an Inglot store to open up in my area. It's ridiculous they're all in Quebec :-( They would make a massive amount of money out here. Unfortunately, the Canadian government makes bringing new products into the country extremely unattractive for all companies. The amount of taxes & duties companies have to pay is bloody outrageous. Which is the biggest reason Europe & the US have a much better selection of brands than we do. It's also the reason I now do 95% of our shopping in the US. I love living 5 minutes from the border! My next trip over I'll be driving down to Seattle, spending the weekend there, doing all of our grocery shopping & hitting all the stores we don't have here, as well as loading up on the brands which are nonexistent or very poorly represented in Canada.

Camera Ready Cosmetics online also sells many different 'pro' brands, including Ben Bye & Kryolan. As does Paints & Powders. Both have really good customer service. A shop that carries Kryolan finally opened in my area in 2012. I met the owner at IMATS. I was so happy when I heard of this I nearly piddled myself. I finally am able to go in & swatch Kryolan products, see which of their foundation shades & formulas suit me, and just generally play for hours on end. They don't keep everything in stock - Kryolan has a stupid amount of products - so I go swatch, try, write my list, place my order. The amount of product I get for $150 from Kryolan, compared to MAC, is incredible! My latest Kryolan order should be in any time.....can't wait!
I've used Camera Ready Cosmetics before and like them. Good selection, CS is nice and orders were always fast to ship. I use too many different brands to pick just one, but definitely have go tos for various products. I think I want to try more pro brands. *sighs... time to make my wallet cry some more lol..

Originally Posted by annerose95 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love their Lights, Camera, Lashes! It's great, or at least it is for me!
I love their eyeshadow primer, and also, their Amazonian Clay blush is beautiful - I have "Adored", and it's one of my go-to shades.  Lasts a long time, too.

Originally Posted by LisaF1163 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love their eyeshadow primer, and also, their Amazonian Clay blush is beautiful - I have "Adored", and it's one of my go-to shades.  Lasts a long time, too.
I actually haven't tried their primer, but I have one of their blushes. Can't remember the name right now, but I really like it too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Eyeliner: Avon

Foundation: Maybelline

Lipstick: Tarte

Mascara: Estee Lauder

Eyeshadow: Stilla and Urban Decay

welp. I can't say just ONE brand.

but. Almay one coat triple effect mascara is the most amazing thing since sliced bread. you don't even know.

also. Wet N' Wild's color icon blush in Mellow Wine is absolutely perfect for my skin tone.

I could use the Lorac Pro palette for the rest of my life and never want anything else.

Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner is my favorite liner in the entire world. I love the applicator, color, finish, application. everything. its amazing. my first liquid liner and the only liner I've ever been able to draw a perfect line with.

my foundation and powder are costantly on the move, but recently I'm in love with Almay's blemisheal foundation, and revlon's nearly naked powder.

BUT OH MY GOODNESS! I cannot say enough good things about the Holika Holika clearing BB Cream. ohhh my freaking goodness. self-adjusting, amazing coverage, AND it keeps this very oily skinned girl shine free for 5 hours????? what?!?!?!?! its amazing.

Back