Your To-Die-For Eyeshadow brushes??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really love my Urban Decay multi-tasker brush. I'm short and small, so it makes a better shadow brush for me than normal-sized shadow brushes. It also has the right amount of stiffness, but is still very soft. 
I also use Sephora's Professionnal lip brush #19 as a liner brush. Again, being small, lots of liner brushes are too big for me to use accurately.
I've also only been using brushes instead of those little... I don't know what they're called? The applicators that come with drug store makeup. I'll probably find brushes I like more at some point, but those those two have served me well in my beginner's stage of using higher end products.
I have some other Sephora Professionnal brushes, they're all very good. I think some of the kits are on sale, too. At least at the actual stores, don't know about online.

Have fun experimenting with new brushes!

Ecotools eyeshadow brush. Simply because when i'm lazy, i use it flat to pat eyeshadow on my lid, and then i use the tip to apply another in the crease and blend. The only thing i don't like is my Makeup Forever brush cleanser seems too harsh for the bristles, which is weird considering it's synthetic, but it has lost part of its softness (it's still soft, but less).

I don't like the sponge applicators, mostly because they're so tiny i have more control with a brush. I make an exception for the dual sponge applicators in the Dior palettes, one end is more pointy and just perfect for smudging eyeshadow under my lower lashline, and they work well to pack on the shadows. They also are of a better quality, i've had sponge applicators from the drugstore when i was younger and they were pretty much good for one use only.

I love E.L.F. brushes and Eco Tools. Also there are some really great brushes at Target called Studio Tools; their crease brush is awesome. All of these brushes are really inexpensive. I do like MAC brushes but I just don't see the need in spending $20 on an eyeshadow brush. I got a set of MAC brushes for Christmas, one of the hoilday sets and they're not that great. The only brushes I use from the set are the 139, 117 and 168. If you want to try their brushes I don't recommend buying the sets because they're not the same as regular MAC brushes. They're made by a machine instead of by hand so they're not the best quality.

Definitely look into Sigma's brushes! I got to try them out during my makeup school I attended and they're wonderful. They have beginner sets or even designated sets for eyes, foundation, etc. I've used Chanel's, MAC's, etc. and I haven't liked those as much as I do with these ones. Great quality! 

If you take care of them (or any of your brushes), they should last you a long, long time.

Hands Down the New brushes to get are the Real Technique brushes by Samantha Chapman (ulta or online) The face brushes are cheap and also come in sets. All my costumers cant believe how soft they are on there face! No joke These rule! There eyeshadow brushes are great too but i prefer my other brands.

Coastal scents & sigma Makeup brushes are affordable, great quality and always in stock (well almost always). They are great alternatives to sephora & mac brushes.

Also Sonia Kashuk & Target brand makeup brushes and great as well!! I have quite a few i always grab!

Wow you are giving me a lot to look at thanks! My eyeshadow brush keeps shedding more every day, so it looks like I will be trying some of the less expensive ones shortly (or I will have no bristles left!). Probably one of the Target brands first since I need to shop there for other items anyway.

Originally Posted by Avintageaffair /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Coastal scents & sigma Makeup brushes are affordable, great quality and always in stock (well almost always). They are great alternatives to sephora & mac brushes.

Also Sonia Kashuk & Target brand makeup brushes and great as well!! I have quite a few i always grab!
Actually... Coastal Scents brushes were not made by Coastal Scents and they were basically 3rd party distributors, this has changed - recently - though and they are now manufacturing or will be manufacturing their own brushes because the owner wasn't happy with the quality of the brushes before.

I like my MAC 213 fluff brush for applying eyeshadow and the 217 and 224 for blending. I also love my Sonia Kashuk small eyeshadow brush.

My absolute favroite eye-shadow brush is the one benfit makes.  It is flat, but still is flexible and soft.  I think its called somethnig like the talent brush or something?? I have had mine for almost 2 years and i  LOVE it.

I just got a set of ELF brushes and I am currently in love with them!  (They were super cheap)  Check out their site for sure!

I got myself some L'Occitane and The Body Shop brushes a couple years ago and I absolutely love them! 

Especially the L'Occitane ones, the quality is so great, I can see myself using them for at least 10 years.

P.aspx

my favourite is MUG Soft Dome Brush, it makes a much smoother combined look.It is used for mixing darkness under the temple, implementing a smoother quantity of shade in the anti aging, and even for implementing powdered ingredients under the sight to avoid that forming ridges. throughout the day.

My go to eyeshadow brush is Mac 190 brush. It's true that a great makeup look is not always in the makeup but in the brush you use. That said your eyeshadow brush doesn't necessarily have to be an expensive one. Sonia Kashuk brushes are good, ELF brushes are also good when you're on a tight budget. Ecotools are also great and you can find them in your local drugstore. Try a few and see what works best for you.

Link deleted per TOS

Brushes are lie shoes everyone has a favorite. It doesn't matter what you use if you don't use it properly. Having trained many working makeup artists over the last 2 decades my advice is blot, blot, blot when you have too much product or it is not distributed properly on the tool you will have no control.

I scored a set of Stila brushes at Saks Off 5th today for $13.49. They will be fun to try. I had decided to wait until the wave of holiday kits at Sephora (their new Pro brushes feel wonderful at the store!) and the department stores, but I couldn't pass them up. I figure they can help me learn more about what works for me and what doesn't.

Just wanted to update and share that I did find a line of brushes that is very reasonable but so far work great, wash nicely, and don't shed. I only have 2 (and only one of those is for shadow) but I love them. The brand is Real Techniques and I bought them at Ulta. The expert face brush is so fantastic (and inexpensive, especially with sales and coupons) I am so glad I didn't let the associate talk me into the UD Optical Blurring brush! I have some from other brands too but nobody had mentioned Real Techniques and I am really appreciating them so I figured I'd share. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Everyday minerals has some great ones and if you go to the kits you can get three for a 25% discount. They are sooooo soft and have lasted me a very long time. HTH

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got myself some L'Occitane and The Body Shop brushes a couple years ago and I absolutely love them! 

Especially the L'Occitane ones, the quality is so great, I can see myself using them for at least 10 years.

P.aspx
    That's true :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back