Your winter skincare routine ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ack, the cold days are coming back. I feel it on my skin as the big patches of itchy eczema have returned
bowl2.gif
. Have you changed your routine for the upcoming winter season ?

What's yours ?

Here's mine, subject to change but for now, it works :

Face cleanser : my usual aleppo soap, love it, keep it.

images

Makeup remover : Kosé softymo deep cleansing oil.

kose-softymo-deep-cleansing-oil.jpg

Toner : lavender floral water or La Roche Posay thermal waterspray.

Serum : Sana Nameraka honpo essence (milky&moisturising cheap serum, i recommend !).

102684403001n.jpg

Sunscreen : my usual LRP Anthelios SPF50, staple for me.

Moisturizer/day : Laneige Waterbank creme 2_EX (during winter, dehydration is my #1 skin issue, the gel texture is fantastic.

Moisturizer/night : for now, finishing my Sana Nameraka soy milk cream (for sensitive dry skins, love it!!).

102931004001n.jpg

I never really do much in terms of my skincare routine, but I do make it a point to switch cleansers for the winter. Everything else I just kind of test out and see what happens, there's no set products I switch to every year...

Cleanser: I switch from Philosophy purity to when hope is not enough because my skin gets super dry.

Exfoliant: Dermalogica Powerfoliant 2x a week, just switched from the Daily Microfoliant per my esthetician's recommendation...idk how I feel about it yet.

Moisturizer: I use Philosophy hope in a jar year-round. Day and night, love it.

MU Remover: Boscia Makeup-Breakup cleansing oil, I just switched to this from my Shu cleansing oil, and I think I'm liking it better.

I get a facial every 3-4 weeks as well, I don't know if that counts lol.

Lucky you ! I'd love to have a facial but it gets so expensive here, my parents offered me one but i don't dare use it (which gets a tad ridiculous but i want to treasure it lol).

i dont have a routine i just use the elemis cleanser and toner i always use and for moisture i use whatever is handy, usually E45 milk its the best moisturizer EVER!! When it gets cold my skin drys out more so i just put more e45 milk on. and i always no matter what go to bed with my lips covered totally in lip balm, i get really dry sore lips anyway but the cold makes them 1,000 times worse.

I continue to use my elemis cleanser, toner and moisturiser which I love...

I add a facial elixir to my routine... I apply this before my moisturiser and it really helps soften my skin. Without this my skin would really dry out around my lip and chin area during the winter...

I just slather on thicker moisturizer at night and during the day apart from my regular moisturizer with spf. I never use the same cleanser either but right now cetaphil cleansing bar is doing fine for me.

The only thing I use on my face is Clean and Clear Morning Burst Detoxifying Facial Cleaner and a face scrub and thats what I use. I did use a lotion that followed that Ive had but that was a bad mistake cuz I had a really bad rash from it and it took me about a week to get rid of it and it hurt as well.

I'm starting to wear thicker moisturizer too, I actually had boughten a face stick (supposed to be for kids I think with SPF) from Lip Smackers, its like a HUGE chapstick and it smells good too, kind of like that gal primer. And it kind of moistuirzes the way a chapstick would. I like it.

Nivea original cream in the navy blue container at night especially under the eyes and on smile lines. I use it on my lower cheeks in the day time too but no where else since it is quite THICK.

I also skip using a toner and just stick to an acne wash to keep problems at bay.

When the season changes from hot to cold my skin gets crazy dry so I have to use an exfoliator at least every day, then I use my cream cleanser, toner and of course moisturize.

I use the same cleanser year round. The only changes I make are switching to a richer face moisturizer, exfoliating once a week or a glycolic acid product, and using a humidifier in my bedroom.

Hey guys...can anyone recommend a face moisturizer? I recently moved to the UK from the Caribbean and the climate change is messing up my skin...I 'thought' I had oily skin but these days it's soooo dry. I normally use Oil of Olay but that does not seem to be working for me anymore

Well I tend to use a bit more emollient cleansers and moisturizers like Weleda Cleansing Lotion in Almond and Sebamed cream with a drop of Vitamin E oil.

Originally Posted by Jinjer /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hey guys...can anyone recommend a face moisturizer? I recently moved to the UK from the Caribbean and the climate change is messing up my skin...I 'thought' I had oily skin but these days it's soooo dry. I normally use Oil of Olay but that does not seem to be working for me anymore Weleda's almond oil hydrating cream, a cold cream (pretty much every brand has one), The Sana cream i posted before, are those that come to my mind. Feel free to browse the forums as they are threads on dry skin moisturizers with more suggestions.
Layering is also a key, so you might want to use a toner, then use a cream, or even use a moisturising serum in between. This is what i do and it really helps.

The only difference is that I use Pond's Dry Skin Cream at night because it is a super thick and moisturizing cream.

Back