Yuzen Summer 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so interested in the bugspray! It sounds like the type of scent I like, and it's on Opensky/Abesmarket, which both regularly have 20-30% off sales.  If I like it as a perfume, then I can totally see myself buying it!
that is good to know, as that seems so pricey

the lash enhancer is on amazon at a much lower price too!

I'm excited about everything in this box! Lavender makes me gag, but everything else makes up for it!

I want my Yuzen box!!  I am really excited over these products now.  I want to test out that insect repellent!! hahaha

Mine shipped today!!  I'm also VERY interested in that insect repellent!  I'm out in my garden a lot and it'd be nice if the gnats and things stayed away!  I'm horribly allergic to mosquitos and while it probably won't protect me against those, maybe it'll cover up the smell of the real stuff!

There's a picture on Instagram! It doesn't have all of the products laid out though.

I got my box!!  I am a little disappointed in some of the sizes, but it is lovely.  I am currently writing my review and I will post it here - but here is a picture!

yuzen-summer-7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, this box is actually all deluxe sizes except the mychelle, the soap and the mints.  I thought the mychelle was a deluxe size, but that is a full size!!

here is my review

AROMAFLAGE Botanical Fragrance & Insect Repellent.http://www.aromaflage.com/products/aromaflage-botanical-fragrance-insect-repellent  Sample size.  I was a bit disappointed in the size of this item.  I was afraid that it was going to be a tiny sample like this, but had hoped that we would get a mini rollerball.  The scent is the exact type of fragrance I would wear and it does not smell like a bug repellent.  The ingredients to this perfume is what causes bugs to stay away, not harsh chemicals.    I will be purchasing this item either at the site, because we do have a 15% off coupon or wait for it on Opensky/Abesmarket, which both regularly have 20-30% off sales.  Value:  This is not marked, but I am guessing 1ml, so .77 cents.

About the fragrance:: Aromaflage™ is a fine fragrance that also repels insects. From the Southeast Asian tropics, Aromaflage combines notes of citrus fruit, warm cedarwood, silken vanilla, & nourishing Vitamin E. Aromaflage is the perfect  fragrance holiday travel and stocking stuffers. It is your healthy alternative to living your outdoor chic lifestyle.

A Southeast Asian tradition:: Aromaflage is comprised of aromatic essential oils native to the Southeast Asian region.  Our fragrance is inspired by the age-old tradition of using botanical extracts to repel insects, a practice first documented by ancient Roman, Greek, and Indian scholars and is still common throughout tropical regions worldwide. Aromaflage also contains nourishing Vitamin E, recognized for its restorative properties and protective anti-oxidants, helping to fortify the skin against damaging elements of the outdoors.

SHAMANUTI Seaweed Toner.http://shamanuti.com/products/seaweed-toner  Deluxe size.  I was really pleased to get this item in my Yuzen box, as I have tried their charcoal cleanser.  This is Cambridge, Massachusetts company, so I am always happy to support my state!!   I will be using this along with the cleanser.  Value: $10.00 for 1 oz

Delicately adjusts pH, while nourishing & refining pores.  Skin loves this delicious nutrient and mineral rich toner. It adjusts pH and refines the pores. It will nourish and hydrate the skin while removing any residual make-up or cleanser.

• ALPHA HYDROXYS:Citric Acid

[*]ANTI-FUNGALS:
  • Tea Tree

[*]ANTI-INFLAMMATORIES:
  • Dead Sea Salt
  • Essential Oil Blend
  • North Atlantic Kelp
  • Tea Tree

[*]ANTI-BACTERIALS:
  • Black Willowbark

[*]ANTI-OXIDANTS:
  • North Atlantic Kelp

[*]EMOLLIENTS:
  • Dead Sea Salt
  • Polysorbate

[*]PRESERVATIVES:
  • Sodium Benzoate

[*]PH ADJUSTERS:
  • Citric Acid

[*]HUMECTANTS:
  • Aloe Vera
  • Glucolactone
  • Hyaluronic Acid

[*]NUTRIENTS:
  • Blue Green Algae

KNEIPP Balancing Lavender Herbal Bath.http://kneippus.com/lavender-herb-bath-3-4-oz.html Deluxe size.  I opened this up to take a whiff, and this is a very strongly scented lavender bath product.  It also is very concentrated, so that is why this is so strongly scented.  Should get 3 to 4 uses out of this.  Value:  $5.50 for .68 oz 

Known for its balancing effects, this aroma intensive bath treatment helps to combat mental and physical fatigue. Through the relaxing effect of the Lavender herb, it is most helpful when you feel nervous or itching which could be a symptom of our over-stressed and overly-busy lives. The balancing effect of Lavender can also be very energizing.

KERSTIN FLORIAN Lavender Body Spray.  Deluxe size.  Another lavender product.  I do think this is a bit overkill on the lavender this month!!  This is a nice body spray – the scent is not overpowering.  I have way too many body sprays and need to start using them!  Value:  $11.76 for 1 oz

This is is a light moisturizing spray with soothing lavender and aloe extract, blended with nourishing jojoba oil and vitamin E to leave skin soft and glowing. Helps to relieve dry and parched skin and help heal, soothe, and calm all skin types. Mist onto skin daily and massage lightly, after showering or whenever your skin needs extra moisture.

SENCHA NATURALS Pink Dragonfruit Mints.  They have a great taste.  I hate to say it, but it reminds me of Sweet Tarts!!  I like these :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />    Value:  $2.95 for one tube

It doesn’t get more exotic than a hot-pink fruit, or more legendary than one named after dragons. We start with this lightly sweet, sub-tropical cactus fruit, add a dash of natural ginger to spice things up, and end up with a uniquely delicious mint that is truly the stuff of legend.

HUGO NATURALS Handcrafted Vanilla & Sweet Orange Soap.  I haven’t opened this up, but I am excited about the citrus scent with vanilla.  Full size.  Value: $3.99 for 4 oz

Handcrafted blend of all-natural essential oils and botanical extracts that gently clean and deeply condition the skin. Creamy lather and the rich scent of natural vanilla and sweet orange extract create a luxurious experience in bath or shower.

MYCHELLE DERMACEUTICALS Ultimate Lash and Brow Serumhttp://www.mychelle.com/Ultimate-Lash-Brow-Serum.  Full size.  I am interested in trying a new lash serum to try and maintain my lash length.  This one is very appealing to me because it is all natural.  This is damned expensive at their site, however.  At first, I thought this was a deluxe size at .14 oz, but no – this is their full size and they charge $65.20.  However, I can find it on Amazon for $15.00.  So, the official value is $62.50, but really, who would pay that

Clinically proven, breakthrough peptides create thicker, fuller, more beautiful-looking lashes and brows.  * Vegan friendlyBenefits: Lenghening, Thickening, Volume . http://www.mychelle.com/Ultimate-Lash-Brow-SerumEnriched with Myracle Peptide Complex, a highly concentrated serum that strengthens and conditions lashes and brows, helping them look visibly fuller, thicker, and longer. Apply once daily to eyebrow area and base of upper lashes (where eyelashes meet skin) from the inner corner to the outer edge.

I paid $33.00 for my box, and depending on how you want to calculate the Mychelle product, this box’s value ranged from $49.97 to $97.47.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a bummer on the sizes, especially the perfume! Bugs love me so I was really looking forward to that one.

I also am so disappointed in the size of the fragrance/insect repellent.  SO SMALL!

And the vial was only half full so its even smaller!

Everything else made me happy.  this was my first box and I seriously loved opening it more than I loved all the items!  What a present!  The packaging is amazing!

Now.  Worth $33?  Not really.  Not to me.  But am I getting the next one?  Oh, yes!  I loved the experience of opening it. >.<  Maybe that makes me weird...

Totally trying the toner but I'm saving it for when I've been in the sun awhile.  Since the main ingredient is aloe vera, it'd be a great hydrator after a day in the sun.  And it has hyaluronic acid in it!

Mints are tasty.  Soap smells good enough to eat.  Lavender items are stocking stuffers for MIL (I'm allergic to lavender).

Still.  So sad that the repellent was a vial.  SO sad.

I know - I was hoping for a mini roller ball or something - not a 30ml, but maybe a 10 or 5 ml roller ball.  If the purpose of the sample was to try it out & to ensure you don't get eaten by bugs, that was an epic fail on the vial. 

I think the value was there with the box, but the main item that I was excited to try out was so tiny.  I think that is why I was a bit disappointed. 

I got my box yesterday and I really like it. I can't wait to try all the products.

Got my box yesterday and was thrilled since lavender is one of my favorite fragrances....however the pump on the lavender spray broke already! the second time I used it!!! Has this happened to anyone else?

I also am so disappointed in the size of the fragrance/insect repellent.  SO SMALL!

And the vial was only half full so its even smaller!

Everything else made me happy.  this was my first box and I seriously loved opening it more than I loved all the items!  What a present!  The packaging is amazing!

Now.  Worth $33?  Not really.  Not to me.  But am I getting the next one?  Oh, yes!  I loved the experience of opening it. >.<  Maybe that makes me weird...

Totally trying the toner but I'm saving it for when I've been in the sun awhile.  Since the main ingredient is aloe vera, it'd be a great hydrator after a day in the sun.  And it has hyaluronic acid in it!

Mints are tasty.  Soap smells good enough to eat.  Lavender items are stocking stuffers for MIL (I'm allergic to lavender).

Still.  So sad that the repellent was a vial.  SO sad.
 not only was it a vial, but it didn't even have the spray thingy on it that makes it so much easier to use. I find the snap on ones hard to open, and when they finally do open the whole thing pours out. But maybe that's just me!

I'm pretty put off by the sizes, but still intrigued enough by that lash and brow serum to think it might be worth it. If anyone tries it, can they let me know what they think?

Back