Zac Posen 2008 Spring Collection

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Quote:
Zac Posen and the Little House on the Prairie? Now that's a pair I never expected. Zac and Gwyneth? Sure. Zac and Demi? Absolutely. But for Spring, Mr. Posen's inspiration is the country gal - an odd choice, since he's a through and through New Yorker.
Posen sent ruffled-sleeve white prairie dresses, straw hats, and dresses decorated with rhinestone bundles of wheat down the runway. And there were plenty of earth tones: sepia, golden brown, beige. But my favorite were the big poofy watercolored dresses, each representing a different type of cloud: Nimbus, Cirrus, Cumulus...just beautiful, and quite befitting of what they were meant to represent.
There's no doubt about it: Zac's strength lies in his eveningwear. So take notes, you'll definitely be seeing some of these dresses again on the red carpet. Who would dare wear this sexy, slit black number?!

Reaction score
alot of people would be sent to the "worst dressed list" for wearing some of that

Reaction score
Is that a guaze trench coat??

I like some of the evening pieces (such as the cloud dresses) but most of the day wear looks very "Katie Holmes-ish."

Reaction score
It looks like clothes from another planet, which to me is pretty appealing!Thanks for posting.

Reaction score
Natalie Portman rocks him and she's never been worst dressed. I like his style...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by simplykrazy07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif alot of people would be sent to the "worst dressed list" for wearing some of that I totally agree.
There were too many weird outfits and the hats... my gosh what's with the hats? I like hats but not with some of those outfits.

Reaction score
The red and navy blue evening gowns look okay. I like the 11th one with biege short skirt.

What's with the center part though?

Wow my 800 post.... Thats cool.

Babyangel

Nox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MindySue /img/forum/go_quote.gif spring? looks more like fall/winter to me. I know what you mean, he actually is well-known for his use of cool colors, much like Calvin Klein is know for his use of only neutral colors on the runway.

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like quite a bit of that! Me too!

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Natalie Portman rocks him and she's never been worst dressed. I like his style... I agree! I like the collections he comes out with. I think he cuts his clothes to fit rather well compared to some other desiners.

Reaction score
Love the colors.... not too excited about the style in general.. some of the dresses look like flaminco dresses... and some of he shorter dresses ones have old fashion looking tops with modern short bottoms.... Don't like the pant suits at all. There are a few I would wear but probably couldn't afford them... And what's with the thacked roof looking dresses... lol The last 4 of 5 gowns I do love....

Reaction score
As someone who makes clothes, there's some very interesting design elements in his collection. Some of the evening gowns are beautiful but most of the collection isn't something you can wear down the street.

Latest posts