-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

The Look Bag - October 2012

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 196 ONLINE   scooby dynamite

scooby dynamite

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts
  • Joined 13-January 12
Reviews

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

What did you receive in your October Look Bag?

#Post 2 of 196 OFFLINE   yousoldtheworld

yousoldtheworld

Michaela

• Super Moderators
  • 5,983 posts
  • Joined 10-February 12
Reviews

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

I got my bag today! I like it, and will absolutely use everything in it. The packet sample is an either/or item, and I got the one I'd prefer. :) The stila shadow appears to be discontinued as it is the mineral matte line,  so if you are one who won't use any discontinued products, be forewarned. I'm personally okay with this one and will use it.

York lip balm - a bit minty, but no overwhelming scent or flavor. I like the texture! The value on this is $3.

Stila mineral matte eyeshadow in Sajama...this is a matte, dark blueish gray. It's pretty and a shade I don't already own...will be great to use  as a liner or in the crease. I think stila may have discontinued their mineral matte shadows? Or at least they aren't as widely available anymore...but they can still be bought at beautybar in several of the shades. 

Freeman Beautiful Body Wash - this is the either/or item...the other item is the Bare Foot scrub, which is nice, but I have the full size. This is a cucumber, melon, and ginseng scent. Should get a couple of uses out of the sachet. My walmart sells Freeman satchets for $1.99 so I will give that value here.

Pixi lip and line primer - never tried this but it's cool! A lip primer on one side and a liner to prevent color bleed on the other. Excited to try this. Also has a value of $18.

POP Beauty nail polish - this looks like a black crackle! Fun and perfect for halloween. Never tried the brand, and I don't have anything similar. Has a value of $10.

All in all, I am happy with this bag, and it has a good value.

That said, I don't think I'm going to keep my Look Bag sub. I'm glad I tried it out again, but I have to cut the budget, and if I drop this one and Sample Society, I can try out Starbox with no guilt. :)

#Post 3 of 196 OFFLINE   glamourdolleyes

glamourdolleyes

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Joined 30-January 12
Reviews

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:25 AM

I signed up for the look bag when it first started last time and it was never one that really stuck with me. I am still contemplating signing up again but that's a pretty decent bag. I have said this before about other box services but that is a better box than some of the BB I have been getting in the recent months!

#Post 4 of 196 OFFLINE   Heather Hicks

Heather Hicks

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Joined 09-October 12
Reviews

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

I love what you got in your bag! They actually just called me on the phone to get me to rejoin. I only joined before they quit for 1 month, so it wasn't like I'd been a long time customer. I signed up again to give them a try. I'll be so disappointed if I don't get the same stuff you did. I'd especially like to try the 2 in 1 product. (Won't say what it is so as not to spoil the surprise for those who don't want to know.) I am a bit nervous my bag will be different though. They said it will have 3 full size products in it but yours looks like it has 4. So we'll see. Definitely keeping my fingers crossed.

#Post 5 of 196 OFFLINE   yousoldtheworld

yousoldtheworld

Michaela

• Super Moderators
  • 5,983 posts
  • Joined 10-February 12
Reviews

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Heather Hicks View Post

I love what you got in your bag! They actually just called me on the phone to get me to rejoin. I only joined before they quit for 1 month, so it wasn't like I'd been a long time customer. I signed up again to give them a try. I'll be so disappointed if I don't get the same stuff you did. I'd especially like to try the 2 in 1 product. (Won't say what it is so as not to spoil the surprise for those who don't want to know.) I am a bit nervous my bag will be different though. They said it will have 3 full size products in it but yours looks like it has 4. So we'll see. Definitely keeping my fingers crossed.

I hope you get it! I'm loving the 2 in 1 product and yes, there are 4 full sized products :)

#Post 6 of 196 ONLINE   scooby dynamite

scooby dynamite

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts
  • Joined 13-January 12
Reviews

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

I am loving the new look bag already!

My Stila is a beautiful deep matte purple! The lip primer is very cool....it makes my lips very smooth and it's the perfect base for lipstick! The York balm could be more minty so you get that WHOA! York peppermint feeling, but I think the square tube is cute haha...the black crackle is cool and they body wash will go to use. I love this bag!!

And that's def 4 full sized products...they were being modest when they said 3 lol!

#Post 7 of 196 OFFLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

Queen of the Vampire Cats

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,780 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Now THAT'S a good box. It makes me wish I still had a subscription with them.

#Post 8 of 196 OFFLINE   yousoldtheworld

yousoldtheworld

Michaela

• Super Moderators
  • 5,983 posts
  • Joined 10-February 12
Reviews

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

I used the POP polish yesterday and yes, it is a crackle polish! I used it over the orange I got from myGlam...yay Halloween!!

And I like that the balm doesn't have petroleum. I won't put petroleum products on my mouth, yuck.

If the next few bags are as good as this one, I will resub. I just have to cut my budget for a bit, BOO heat bills! lol.

#Post 9 of 196 OFFLINE   fridaypeach

fridaypeach

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 01-April 12
Reviews

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

Currently the Look Bag has a 25% off coupon code:

Enter Promo Code TLB at checkout and you will receive 25% OFF of your first Look Bag!

• Spring likes this

#Post 10 of 196 OFFLINE   Hellocat4

Hellocat4

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Joined 04-January 12
Reviews

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

I love these! I am not familiar with this one, and I will keep my eye on the next box or two before I decide whether or not to sign up.

#Post 11 of 196 OFFLINE   annieha10

annieha10

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 26-June 12
Reviews

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

My look bag :)  Love it

#Post 12 of 196 OFFLINE   Beautyboxgal

Beautyboxgal

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Joined 11-April 12
Reviews

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by annieha10 View Post

My look bag :)  Love it

Did you get the body wash/foot scrub?

#Post 13 of 196 OFFLINE   Musegirl

Musegirl

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Joined 09-September 12
Reviews

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

Wow, this bag looks great!  I am so glad I subscribed when they relaunched.  I am excited to try the Pixi product the most!

#Post 14 of 196 OFFLINE   Musegirl

Musegirl

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Joined 09-September 12
Reviews

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by fridaypeach View Post

Currently the Look Bag has a 25% off coupon code:

Enter Promo Code TLB at checkout and you will receive 25% OFF of your first Look Bag!

I used this code and it came out to just over $9 for the month.  That is WAY more than 9 bucks worth of products!

#Post 15 of 196 OFFLINE   annieha10

annieha10

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 26-June 12
Reviews

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

@Beautyboxgal

I got the foot scrub.. or foot soaker thingy. :) 

#Post 16 of 196 OFFLINE   zatanna

zatanna

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 01-October 12
Reviews

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Bummer on missing the code - just signed up last night. Seems like a potentially interesting service, but that website.....wowsers.  Their email said they are sending the box out right away, but I wonder if that means I get the one everyone has been posting, or next month's?

#Post 17 of 196 ONLINE   scooby dynamite

scooby dynamite

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts
  • Joined 13-January 12
Reviews

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by zatanna View Post

Bummer on missing the code - just signed up last night. Seems like a potentially interesting service, but that website.....wowsers.  Their email said they are sending the box out right away, but I wonder if that means I get the one everyone has been posting, or next month's?

They said on the FB that you get the current month's items during that current month...so it would still be the October bag

#Post 18 of 196 OFFLINE   zatanna

zatanna

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 01-October 12
Reviews

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby384 View Post

They said on the FB that you get the current month's items during that current month...so it would still be the October bag

Cool - thanks. That bag looks nice! 

#Post 19 of 196 OFFLINE   Val Erler

Val Erler

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 17-June 12
Reviews

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

as soon as i saw the whole "three full size products this month," i went for the 25% off deal. now that i see the contents, all i really like is the duo and wont get much use out of it, but will save it for special occasions. *sigh* i need to quit testing these sub services out and stick with what i like

#Post 20 of 196 OFFLINE   Celestemel

Celestemel

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 10-October 12
Reviews

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

Hmmm... I already have a subscription to Birchbox (and I'm a lucky one this month) and to MyGlam/Ipsy. But this looks cool too. Can one have too many subscriptions? 

Debating... debating...