The Look Bag - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Celestemel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmm... I already have a subscription to Birchbox (and I'm a lucky one this month) and to MyGlam/Ipsy. But this looks cool too. Can one have too many subscriptions? 
icon_redface.gif

Debating... debating...
I like that they have full sized stuff (even if some is discontinued) and they are about the same price as birchbox and myglam.  You can always cancel after a month if you don't like it and they have a 25% off coupon this month.  I think it's a win win. 

I wish I signed up at the start of the month. I want my subs to be spread out....ipsy,bb shipped around the same time and I just ordered my beauty army....but this was my fave sub so i am getting it for sure!!

I signed up on Oct 11 and received my first bag today. Last time it took forever to get my stuff and there was all the mess surrounding this sub. This time they called me to see if I wanted to sign up again, processed me immediately and sent the bag immediately. It's really nice to see they seem to have fixed their bugs from last time. I am impressed with their speed as well as being quite pleased with what I received. Definitely going to keep this one for now.

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish I signed up at the start of the month. I want my subs to be spread out....ipsy,bb shipped around the same time and I just ordered my beauty army....but this was my fave sub so i am getting it for sure!!
Did you already sign up?  They make it sound like if you sign up by 10/31, you'll get the October box.  So if you sign up around 10/27, you should receive early in the month.  Or they should be able to tell you what day to order to get one of the very first shipped each month.

If you're already signed up, maybe you can ask them to change your ship date.  They'd probably back it up for you, if you want.

I ordered my bag late Wednesday evening and received it today - extremely fast!

I ended up with the body wash and the Stila eyeshadow I received is Makalu which is a super black matte - I think it will be awesome as a liner,so that is A+. I have never used a lip primer before so not sure what to make of the Pixi primer/liner but will be interesting to try. Mine is in #1 Nearly Clear.

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you already sign up?  They make it sound like if you sign up by 10/31, you'll get the October box.  So if you sign up around 10/27, you should receive early in the month.  Or they should be able to tell you what day to order to get one of the very first shipped each month.

If you're already signed up, maybe you can ask them to change your ship date.  They'd probably back it up for you, if you want.
I gave in and ordered today! I guess all my subs will come around the same time but oh well! I'm just so happy their back! the service I feel was way underrated, i never got tiny foil packets from them like i do with birchbox!

I didn't notice that we're all getting different colors! MAkes me curious to see what colors I will get....on instagram I saw one with a grey shadow. 

Originally Posted by zatanna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ended up with the body wash and the Stila eyeshadow I received is Makalu which is a super black matte - I think it will be awesome as a liner,so that is A+. I have never used a lip primer before so not sure what to make of the Pixi primer/liner but will be interesting to try. Mine is in #1 Nearly Clear.

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't notice that we're all getting different colors! MAkes me curious to see what colors I will get....on instagram I saw one with a grey shadow. 

Quote: Originally Posted by zatanna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep, I got a dark bluish gray, I've also seen black and a dark purple. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the grey shadow.  It's really pretty and I didn't have a grey line before, so I'm excited.  

Ehhh, I'm just not impressed by these, I know its full size items but discontinued items, items that are readily available at Target, and items that have long gone out of style (crackle polish...fad that has passed) aren't what subs are about to me. To each their own, but I'd rather have a few small samples (not packets, but doesn't need to be full size) of a brand I'd never heard of or tried than this.

Ordered mine last week with the code and got my bag within days...very impressed with the shipping and I loved everything in my box. I liked that I got full size products. Going to keep this sub and my Ipsy but decided about an hour ago to drop BB I just don't ever get the good boxes from them. For the price I'd rather pay a couple of bucks extra to get full size products.

Me too. I literally ordered like 4 days ago and it was in my mailbox today! Love it

Originally Posted by Nightgem /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ordered mine last week with the code and got my bag within days...very impressed with the shipping and I loved everything in my box. I liked that I got full size products. Going to keep this sub and my Ipsy but decided about an hour ago to drop BB I just don't ever get the good boxes from them. For the price I'd rather pay a couple of bucks extra to get full size products.

same , i ordered it on the weekend and it came today. I got the black eyeshadow! I really like the lip balm it came with.

I'm impressed by how quickly my bag arrived however I'm dismayed by the fact that the Stila shadow is possibly discontinued. I can't find it on their website. I'm looking into it more since I also can't find into on the Pop Beauty nail glam crackle or the York lip balm. Since the York lip balm contains SPF there should be a expiration date on it but I don't see one. The Freeman body wash isn't listed on the Freeman site at all. Pixi is still sold on Pixi's website.

What I also find odd is the retail price on the back of the Stila shadow box stating it came from Fred Segal (the same company that works with New Beauty). Did they buy these directly from Fred Segal OR did they buy a bunch of discontinued products as a lot from EBay or a discontinued wholesaler. It's just odd.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm impressed by how quickly my bag arrived however I'm dismayed by the fact that the Stila shadow is possibly discontinued. I can't find it on their website. I'm looking into it more since I also can't find into on the Pop Beauty nail glam crackle or the York lip balm. Since the York lip balm contains SPF there should be a expiration date on it but I don't see one. The Freeman body wash isn't listed on the Freeman site at all. Pixi is still sold on Pixi's website.

What I also find odd is the retail price on the back of the Stila shadow box stating it came from Fred Segal (the same company that works with New Beauty). Did they buy these directly from Fred Segal OR did they buy a bunch of discontinued products as a lot from EBay or a discontinued wholesaler. It's just odd.

At least they're not counterfeit, hopefully.  Still, four out of five may be discontinued?  Say it ain't so.  : (

On the other hand, it makes the other boxes look better!

Thank you, Zadidoll, for your research.

I don't think the products are counterfeit, I know what Fred Segal is since they work with Test Tube and last year I won a set from them which is how I first became acquainted with the store. I just find it odd.

Back