The Look Bag - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pop Beauty emailed me back, I was surprised since it's night time in the UK AND it's a Friday but she said it was discontinued but didn't tell me when. Since it's a nail polish it's fine. Still waiting to hear from the other companies.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So The Look Bag has blocked me from posting on their wall or commenting on anyone else's wall posts on their wall. Reason, I posted how I was impressed by how fast my bag came HOWEVER I was concerned that all but one item was DISCONTINUED. They deleted (or possibly hid) my post and blocked me from their wall.

My recommendation:

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THE LOOK BAG.
Prior to them shutting down in August the products were mediocre with products such as handmade soap and body cream/lotion put into a jar with a handwritten label, Now DISCONTINUED products? YUK. No thanks.

Wow, those products are really bad!

I just received a call from Leena at The Look Bag acknowledging my cancelation and explaining they were not aware the eyeshadow was discontinued or expired. According to her, they are trying to figure out where the disconnect came from and how they were possibly provided a product that was discontinued/expired. She was very nice and extremely apologetic. There should be an update from them soon.

Wish they would get back to me since like I said, they blocked me and a whole bunch of other people from their wall for stating that the Stila shadow was expired. They also removed the post from someone else with the Stila phone number. They obviously bought it from a 3rd party wholesaler since my stila packaging has the Fred Segal price tag. Regardless of where they bought they're not authorized to distributor or redistribute Stila's products in the first place.

I mentioned the blocking and deleting and it sounds like she's overwhelmed by all the responses they are getting. I told her it would look much better if they acknowledged on facebook that they are looking into it instead of making people feel ignored. No one likes to have their opinion disregarded and I'd be bent if it happened to me.

I'm just posting about my very limited experience with their company. This was the first month I purchased, and did so because of the rave reviews on MUT. I have no clue why she chose to contact me. I emailed to figure out what was going on with the eyeshadow smell and to request a refund since it was expired and she called me. I hope they find a solution to the Stila debacle because she seemed quite genuine. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

glossybox has blocked me twice. I think they ended up unblocking me again since it looks like I can post on their statuses- but I don't see an option to post on their wall. I was really upset about it to, but I cancelled and got over it. 
Exactly. I wasn't 'abusive' or use profanity, I guess they didn't like what I had to say, and it's also their right to police their page as they see fit. But it's neither here nor there....I unsubbed and forgot about it, I didn't go blasting them all over the internet for it lol. 

Originally Posted by Shannon28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I mentioned the blocking and deleting and it sounds like she's overwhelmed by all the responses they are getting. I told her it would look much better if they acknowledged on facebook that they are looking into it instead of making people feel ignored. No one likes to have their opinion disregarded and I'd be bent if it happened to me.

I'm just posting about my very limited experience with their company. This was the first month I purchased, and did so because of the rave reviews on MUT. I have no clue why she chose to contact me. I emailed to figure out what was going on with the eyeshadow smell and to request a refund since it was expired and she called me. I hope they find a solution to the Stila debacle because she seemed quite genuine. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
They are very accommodating if you contact them directly through message or email or phone....I agree with them that the FB page isn't the place for all that jazz.

I just received a call from the Look Bag wanting to know what I didn't like about my bag. When I mentioned that I didn't appreciate being sent discontinued / expired products she mentioned that the only product that was expired was the Stila eyeshadow. That they are trying to figure out how to fix this situation and that they would be sending replacement products. I think they are trying to send replacement products instead of issuing refunds. I am not sure how I feel about that because I am not really trusting what they are sending. I would much rather a refund and just part ways with this company.

While I don't want expired creams or liquid items, honestly expired eye shadow isn't a big deal to me personally. If I were worried about it I would have to toss half of my collection because I couldn't possibly use all of my shadows before they officially expire.

For what it's worth, a lot of companies block FB comments, sometimes even the ones that aren't rude. I have been blocked by a couple, not because of negative comments but because they removed questions they didn't want to answer. I have always had better luck calling directly and talking about it with the company representatives myself.

My suggestion to everyone on this thread is that if you are upset with what you received give them a call. Explain how you feel politely. Give them the opportunity to make it up to you. I am not taking sides or excusing sending out potentially expired products. I am merely saying that going about this in an adult manner will probably get you a lot further with them than ranting.

If you are one of the people who are happy with what you received then don't worry about it. Enjoy your goodies!

Originally Posted by missana90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just received a call from the Look Bag wanting to know what I didn't like about my bag. When I mentioned that I didn't appreciate being sent discontinued / expired products she mentioned that the only product that was expired was the Stila eyeshadow. That they are trying to figure out how to fix this situation and that they would be sending replacement products. I think they are trying to send replacement products instead of issuing refunds. I am not sure how I feel about that because I am not really trusting what they are sending. I would much rather a refund and just part ways with this company.
Plus, it's NOT the only discontinued item...

Originally Posted by missana90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do agree people should choose whether they want the replacement or a refund, but I do like that they are trying to take care of the problem at least. They posted a status on FB saying to call/email/message them with any concerns. At least they are trying to make things right. They aren't being shady about it in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

While I don't want expired creams or liquid items, honestly expired eye shadow isn't a big deal to me personally. If I were worried about it I would have to toss half of my collection because I couldn't possibly use all of my shadows before they officially expire.

For what it's worth, a lot of companies block FB comments, sometimes even the ones that aren't rude. I have been blocked by a couple, not because of negative comments but because they removed questions they didn't want to answer. I have always had better luck calling directly and talking about it with the company representatives myself.

My suggestion to everyone on this thread is that if you are upset with what you received give them a call. Explain how you feel politely. Give them the opportunity to make it up to you. I am not taking sides or excusing sending out potentially expired products. I am merely saying that going about this in an adult manner will probably get you a lot further with them than ranting.

If you are one of the people who are happy with what you received then don't worry about it. Enjoy your goodies!
This!

They called me as well, apologized and said it wasn't the intent to send expired products since it came from their vendor. One of the things I told her was that I had high hopes since the products sent - Stila, Pixi, Pop Beauty - are all great products but I'm not paying for expired or discontinued products.

I have products that are expired - my favorite Revlon shadow palette in Coffee Bean long expired and possibly discontinued since I've never been able to find it locally again - but when I'm buying products I expect the items to be relative new or at the very least not expired. It's up to me if I want to use one of my old shadow palettes or lipsticks if it's expired and it's my fault if it expired and I didn't use it but I won't pay for something that expired two years ago nor do I want something like that sent to me.

I hope that they handle the situation better here on out instead of acting as if nothing happened.

Yeah, I won't be resubscribing. I will use the items sent, as expired eyeshadow doesn't concern me since it has no water and is relatively harmless, and the polish is not going to hurt me. But handling complaints that way is not okay! 

I'm sure they need to get all their info together before they lay out an apology and plan of action.....I kinda feel bad for them, they did not need this drama right now...

Your choice of words got me thinking--is there even ONE beauty sub that HASN'T had some sort of drama, at this point? (Not just the living-room subs and scammers, either, but the only one I can think of that hasn't had SOME major ish is Sample Society) Not just people who disliked what they got, but either discontinued/expired products, majorly damaged items, or SOMETHING?

Those of you cancelling, beware. During their first run I received one bag out of like 4 months. They never sent my first bag, so Timothy said he'd send a new one with some extras to make up for it. Mind you, this is like 2 months after I signed up. Never received anything. Then, I recived the following month's bag and they refunded me for the two I nevver got. I cancelled at that point, or so I thought. I got charged the next month. Got them to refund me. They promised it wouldn't happen again. At that point I tried to change/delete my credit card info from my account. Well, SURPRISE!! There's no way to do that! You can change your address or email, but your card? Nope. So I wait and guess what? Charged again! Called them again, refunded again. The following month was their last month. I wasn't charged, finally. But I received a bag. It was actually kind of funny. Also, my credit card info was stolen around that time. I posted about it (explaining why I think it may be related to TLB) here: https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/127403/the-look-bag-calls-it-quits/30#post_1918424 And here: https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/127403/the-look-bag-calls-it-quits/30#post_1918540

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your choice of words got me thinking--is there even ONE beauty sub that HASN'T had some sort of drama, at this point? (Not just the living-room subs and scammers, either, but the only one I can think of that hasn't had SOME major ish is Sample Society) Not just people who disliked what they got, but either discontinued/expired products, majorly damaged items, or SOMETHING?
Test Tube from QVC or New Beauty. Minors things but nothing major. So far Loose Button don't seem to have problems but they're new in the US and Glymm hasn't launched in the US yet.

Loose Button had a ton of shipping issues - they shipped a month after they promised- and people are reporting poor customer service.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Test Tube from QVC or New Beauty. Minors things but nothing major. So far Loose Button don't seem to have problems but they're new in the US and Glymm hasn't launched in the US yet.

Back