Squarehue: August 2014 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just saw the August spoiler posted on the SH facebook page...Beverly Hills!

I think I will be super excited for this box...love those shades of purple :)

SHAug2014.jpg

Thanks for sharing! I love those purples! I already have a lot though so I may talk myself into pausing for the month but they could really do some fun finishes (glitter!) with Beverly Hills! I would love to see Squarehue's take on the liquid sand/stardust finish (textured with glitter).

The first thing that came to mind from the spoiler was "shimmery".

Purple is my favorite color, so I can never have too many. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I thought of the Weezer song, too! lol! Now I will have it in my head all day. There are far worse songs to have in my head, though. I know, because I have had those far worse songs in my head. A lot.

OK, after months and months of suspending my account, these purple/silvery colors will have me re-upping!

I saw the July Barcelona colors, and while they're very pretty I'm glad I didn't get them because I wouldn't have wanted the orange.

Ah! I just signed up during the July 4th promo. I hope this is the box I end up with!

OK, after months and months of suspending my account, these purple/silvery colors will have me re-upping!

I saw the July Barcelona colors, and while they're very pretty I'm glad I didn't get them because I wouldn't have wanted the orange.
I caved at the last minute & re-started my account. I like all the colors. I've been having a strange love affair with orange for the last few months, so that one makes me happy. I think the pink might just be Tab-can-pink. (Again, my weirdness shows through) However, I think that purple might be the perfect dupe for Chanel Taboo. Will swatch when I come home from Tar-jhey.

I love the July colors so much that I'm going to stick around for Beverly Hills! I'm excited to see what they send next month! 

Showing my age and background: I immediately had Weezer singing in my head.

ETA: Heh. I just saw the preview on Instagram. They did in fact quote Weezer!
Did someone say =w=eezer?  (Card-carrying official FC member here for duty!)

cYCkAgZ.jpg

I'm really excited about this one - can't wait to see what they have planned!

OK, who's ready to start guessing colors?  I think a blue, a purple, and a silver.  I'd love that.  No idea on the finishes, although I hope for at least one holo.  Beverly Hills should have a holo, don't you think?  I think the purple will be a creme, as we've had a couple of purple shimmers but no dark purple creme that I can remember.  Correct me if I'm wrong, though!

I just re-activated my sub after about 2 years on hold, and got an email that I had been charged yesterday. I didn't see the words " Beverly Hills" anywhere in the email. I've already emailed them back to ask, LOL.

I LOVE purple. lilac, lavender, and variations of that hue of polish!!! My favorite Julep polish is a purple metallic duochrome with an iridescent green shift- it's Blakely.

My favorite Deborah Lippman is also a purple- Private Dancer. I feel so decadent when I wear it.. It's like the velvety and satin purple that royalty would wear in their gowns and robes.. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, who's ready to start guessing colors? I think a blue, a purple, and a silver. I'd love that. No idea on the finishes, although I hope for at least one holo. Beverly Hills should have a holo, don't you think? I think the purple will be a creme, as we've had a couple of purple shimmers but no dark purple creme that I can remember. Correct me if I'm wrong, though!
These are my guesses as well! I'm hoping for a deep inky indigo or blue-violet with microshimmer along the lines of midnight flurries or surf gypsy.

And mine has actually LEFT Miami! Yay!

Mine's left Miami too!  Hope to receive the box on Monday.  :-D

Since we got a silver holo from SqH in December, Times Square, I'd love it if we got a blue or purple holo.  Or both, to be piggish!

I'm going to guess a silver, a purple and a lavender of some sort. Have I mentioned I'm a sucker for purples?

Eeeeee!  It's here!  Good news/bad news:  The bad news is that there's a gold in here, although it's more of a metallic platinum taupe, if you can imagine that.  The good news is that there are no creams!  The gold/taupe is a microglitter, and the blue AND purple are microshimmers!  Although spoilers are not needed in threads that have "spoiler" in the title, I'm putting this photo behind one because I'm having problems with sizing.

d6257afe-cc41-430e-83de-385a23e90415_zpsaaabf91e.jpg
Left to right:  Rodeo Drive, Cannon Drive, and Wilshire Boulevard.  I'm tempted to change my nails to Wilshire Boulevard today because I'm headed to _Guardians of the Galaxy_ in a couple of hours, and it's a lovely night sky sort of shade, but I have a glitter-encrusted mani (two different Rainbow Honey glitters!) right now, and I'm not up to the task of removing it right now.

Edited because I know how to spell Galaxy!  Really, I do!

Last edited by a moderator:
@@chelsealady If you still want one, you might want to send them email RIGHT NOW before word gets out about how awesome the box is (my photo is the first one of it on Instagram)!  They frequently have leftovers after all of the subs go out that they are willing to sell as one-off purchases.

Latest posts

Back