-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

Glossybox November 2015 *SPOILERS*

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#Post 41 of 57 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:55 PM

I just got my first Glossybox for $13 (using the code BLKFRIDAY for 25% off and Ebates for $2.75 cashback) =)
I have always wanted to try Glossybox and $13 was too good to pass up. 
Will I receive the November box or December? When do I need to cancel in order to not get charged again?
I paid via PayPal. Can they automatically charge PayPal?

You will get the November box.... You will also get the December box. I believe Faqs say, if you subscribe between the 15th and the last day of the month you will get the box of that month and you are also agreeing to get the following months box. You will have to cancel by Dec 14th to avoid a charge for January's box. 

Edited by KDramasinPajamas, 27 November 2015 - 11:57 PM.

#Post 42 of 57 OFFLINE   pearldrop

pearldrop

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • Joined 27-January 15
Reviews

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:21 AM

You will get the November box.... You will also get the December box. I believe Faqs say, if you subscribe between the 15th and the last day of the month you will get the box of that month and you are also agreeing to get the following months box. You will have to cancel by Dec 14th to avoid a charge for January's box. 

Oops! I didn't notice that :/

Thanks for clarifying.
Do I need to cancel after I receive the shipping notice or the actual box?

Happy New Year to my lovely MUT family  :santa:

#Post 43 of 57 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:34 AM

Oops! I didn't notice that :/

Thanks for clarifying.
Do I need to cancel after I receive the shipping notice or the actual box?

It should be ok even if you cancel right after you see the first charge.  I usually mark it on my calendar and cancel on the 2nd to the last day possible. Then if I want to resub, I wait until the 1st of the month when possible. 

Edited by KDramasinPajamas, 28 November 2015 - 12:38 AM.

• pearldrop likes this

#Post 44 of 57 OFFLINE   pearldrop

pearldrop

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • Joined 27-January 15
Reviews

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:08 AM

It should be ok even if you cancel right after you see the first charge.  I usually mark it on my calendar and cancel on the 2nd to the last day possible. Then if I want to resub, I wait until the 1st of the month when possible. 

Thanks =)

Happy New Year to my lovely MUT family  :santa:

#Post 45 of 57 OFFLINE   KrissyMichelle

KrissyMichelle

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined 03-May 15
Reviews

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:17 PM

Does anyone have their November surveys available yet? I did the Gilt City year deal and usually the surveys load around the 26th but I don't have them. It says on my account that I don't have any active subscriptions too. 

#Post 46 of 57 OFFLINE   KDramasinPajamas

KDramasinPajamas

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 02-February 15
Reviews

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:24 PM

Does anyone have their November surveys available yet? I did the Gilt City year deal and usually the surveys load around the 26th but I don't have them. It says on my account that I don't have any active subscriptions too. 

Mine is not available yet. 

#Post 47 of 57 OFFLINE   Jay.Aitch.Gee

Jay.Aitch.Gee

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined 24-October 14
Reviews

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:07 PM

No surveys yet, which is driving me crazy! I have 900 glossydots, so completing the surveys for the November box will give me enough to get December's box for free!!! Grrrrr....their FAQ section says surveys get released "the last week of the month." I'm hoping they'll be released tomorrow.

"Busy, busy, busy" - what a Bokononist whispers whenever he thinks about how complicated and unpredictable the machinery of life really is.

#Post 48 of 57 OFFLINE   Reija

Reija

MuT Mom

• Administrators
  • 9,571 posts
  • Joined 27-September 03
Reviews

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:50 AM

Glossybox is running a cyber monday deal today with a new deal every two hours and it looks like all the subs are sold out. I was considering signing up again with these deals but I guess not. It's a sign I don't need anymore subs! :)

MakeupTalk Admin :)
Like us on Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest - Instagram
I also make Handmade jewelry

#Post 49 of 57 OFFLINE   Jay.Aitch.Gee

Jay.Aitch.Gee

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined 24-October 14
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:34 AM

No surveys yet, which is driving me crazy! I have 900 glossydots, so completing the surveys for the November box will give me enough to get December's box for free!!! Grrrrr....their FAQ section says surveys get released "the last week of the month." I'm hoping they'll be released tomorrow.

It looks like surveys are released today...but the weird thing is, I only have 4: the lip liner, the eyeshadow, the face moisturizer, and the "monthly satisfaction" survey. Nothing for the handcreme or face mask. So now I have 980 glossydots.

Sigh..... so close. Oh Glossybox, I just don't know what to do with you.

"Busy, busy, busy" - what a Bokononist whispers whenever he thinks about how complicated and unpredictable the machinery of life really is.

#Post 50 of 57 OFFLINE   girlnamedpete

girlnamedpete

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 01-April 14
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:50 AM

It looks like surveys are released today...but the weird thing is, I only have 4: the lip liner, the eyeshadow, the face moisturizer, and the "monthly satisfaction" survey. Nothing for the handcreme or face mask. So now I have 980 glossydots.

Sigh..... so close. Oh Glossybox, I just don't know what to do with you.

Same thing here.  I am going to leave it and see if they fix it.

#Post 51 of 57 OFFLINE   KrissyMichelle

KrissyMichelle

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined 03-May 15
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:55 AM

I actually emailed them simply to ask when the surveys would be available and first, they sent me an email saying "Sorry to see you go, your subscription has been cancelled" and I FLIPPED in my reply because I just started a year sub in November and I said absolutely nothing about cancelling and reiterated that I was just inquiring about surveys. They apologized and said the cancellation email was sent by mistake and they were experiencing issues with pushing surveys out. Fair enough, I can wait, I was just curious. This morning, I have another reply saying they're sorry I'm having troubles receiving my points from doing surveys and gave me 100 Glossydots.. I'm so confused as to how they're reading my emails and everything, but I guess I'll take 100 extra glossydots..? Thanks Glossybox?

#Post 52 of 57 OFFLINE   Bizgirlva

Bizgirlva

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 4,241 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:17 PM

I know what's really going on, they're having trouble coming up with more questions about our cats....

• Reija, lauradiniwilk, MissKris17 and 4 others like this

#Post 53 of 57 OFFLINE   MissKris17

MissKris17

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 05-November 13
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:23 PM

I know what's really going on, they're having trouble coming up with more questions about our cats....

LMAO!!!

#Post 54 of 57 OFFLINE   MoniqueMW

MoniqueMW

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 02-December 15
Reviews

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:13 AM

My surveys are available, but it only shows 3 out of 5 plus the survey. It only let me fill out the survey for the first product though, which was the lip liner, then when I tried for the others, it kept returning me to the Feedback page, so I guess I'll just wait till they fix the issue.

• Reija and KDramasinPajamas like this

#Post 55 of 57 OFFLINE   girlnamedpete

girlnamedpete

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 01-April 14
Reviews

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:45 PM

My surveys are available, but it only shows 3 out of 5 plus the survey. It only let me fill out the survey for the first product though, which was the lip liner, then when I tried for the others, it kept returning me to the Feedback page, so I guess I'll just wait till they fix the issue.

The surveys are up and complete now (I had 6).  

I have to vent, though, and say how awful those surveys are. They are written with SO much room for misinterpretation ( when asking how you choose a product one of the answers you can choose is "product testing".  This could mean that the individual herself has tested it or that it has been tested somewhere professionally in the industry and are completely different answers) or not enough answers to choose from that there is NO way they can be useful as informational tools.  I would love to proofread one and send it back.  My degree is in marketing so I know that is why it bugs me sooo much and it's just a pet peeve but it dives me nuts!  Half the time I know my answer is not accurate because I was only given a choice of "yes" or "no" answer when neither is correct.  

• Reija, lauradiniwilk, MissKris17 and 1 other like this

#Post 56 of 57 OFFLINE   MissKris17

MissKris17

Enthusiast

• Super Moderators
  • 958 posts
  • Joined 05-November 13
Reviews

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:58 PM

I  emailed them about the surveys last month. They are so poorly written and some are impossible to answer. There is no way these responses are giving them meaningful data.

• Reija likes this

#Post 57 of 57 OFFLINE   Jay.Aitch.Gee

Jay.Aitch.Gee

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Joined 24-October 14
Reviews

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:35 PM

The surveys are up and complete now (I had 6).

I have to vent, though, and say how awful those surveys are. They are written with SO much room for misinterpretation ( when asking how you choose a product one of the answers you can choose is "product testing". This could mean that the individual herself has tested it or that it has been tested somewhere professionally in the industry and are completely different answers) or not enough answers to choose from that there is NO way they can be useful as informational tools. I would love to proofread one and send it back. My degree is in marketing so I know that is why it bugs me sooo much and it's just a pet peeve but it dives me nuts! Half the time I know my answer is not accurate because I was only given a choice of "yes" or "no" answer when neither is correct.

Maybe they ARE being used as informational tools. Imagine if Glossybox was actually a front for some long term social psychology experiment, measuring the extent to which consumers will tolerate inconsistent and terrible customer service, obfuscated terms of sale, and an endless deluge of eyeliners. The "surveys" are testing our willingness to participate in meaningless activity for a perceived reward.

(I'm really not a conspiracy theorist - I just have an abundance of imagination!)

[edited for typos]

Edited by Jay.Aitch.Gee, 08 December 2015 - 10:07 AM.

• Reija, lauradiniwilk, MissKris17 and 1 other like this

• 2,323,681 Posts
  • 109,671 Members
  • 18,576 Reviews
  • 54,003 Albums