Glossybox November 2015 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my first Glossybox for $13 (using the code BLKFRIDAY for 25% off and Ebates for $2.75 cashback) =)

I have always wanted to try Glossybox and $13 was too good to pass up. 

Will I receive the November box or December? When do I need to cancel in order to not get charged again?

I paid via PayPal. Can they automatically charge PayPal?
You will get the November box.... You will also get the December box. I believe Faqs say, if you subscribe between the 15th and the last day of the month you will get the box of that month and you are also agreeing to get the following months box. You will have to cancel by Dec 14th to avoid a charge for January's box. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You will get the November box.... You will also get the December box. I believe Faqs say, if you subscribe between the 15th and the last day of the month you will get the box of that month and you are also agreeing to get the following months box. You will have to cancel by Dec 14th to avoid a charge for January's box. 
Oops! I didn't notice that :/

Thanks for clarifying.

Do I need to cancel after I receive the shipping notice or the actual box?

Oops! I didn't notice that :/

Thanks for clarifying.

Do I need to cancel after I receive the shipping notice or the actual box?
It should be ok even if you cancel right after you see the first charge.  I usually mark it on my calendar and cancel on the 2nd to the last day possible. Then if I want to resub, I wait until the 1st of the month when possible. 

Does anyone have their November surveys available yet? I did the Gilt City year deal and usually the surveys load around the 26th but I don't have them. It says on my account that I don't have any active subscriptions too. 

Does anyone have their November surveys available yet? I did the Gilt City year deal and usually the surveys load around the 26th but I don't have them. It says on my account that I don't have any active subscriptions too. 
Mine is not available yet. 

No surveys yet, which is driving me crazy! I have 900 glossydots, so completing the surveys for the November box will give me enough to get December's box for free!!! Grrrrr....their FAQ section says surveys get released "the last week of the month." I'm hoping they'll be released tomorrow.

Glossybox is running a cyber monday deal today with a new deal every two hours and it looks like all the subs are sold out. I was considering signing up again with these deals but I guess not. It's a sign I don't need anymore subs! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

No surveys yet, which is driving me crazy! I have 900 glossydots, so completing the surveys for the November box will give me enough to get December's box for free!!! Grrrrr....their FAQ section says surveys get released "the last week of the month." I'm hoping they'll be released tomorrow.
It looks like surveys are released today...but the weird thing is, I only have 4: the lip liner, the eyeshadow, the face moisturizer, and the "monthly satisfaction" survey. Nothing for the handcreme or face mask. So now I have 980 glossydots.

Sigh..... so close. Oh Glossybox, I just don't know what to do with you.

It looks like surveys are released today...but the weird thing is, I only have 4: the lip liner, the eyeshadow, the face moisturizer, and the "monthly satisfaction" survey. Nothing for the handcreme or face mask. So now I have 980 glossydots.

Sigh..... so close. Oh Glossybox, I just don't know what to do with you.
Same thing here.  I am going to leave it and see if they fix it.

I actually emailed them simply to ask when the surveys would be available and first, they sent me an email saying "Sorry to see you go, your subscription has been cancelled" and I FLIPPED in my reply because I just started a year sub in November and I said absolutely nothing about cancelling and reiterated that I was just inquiring about surveys. They apologized and said the cancellation email was sent by mistake and they were experiencing issues with pushing surveys out. Fair enough, I can wait, I was just curious. This morning, I have another reply saying they're sorry I'm having troubles receiving my points from doing surveys and gave me 100 Glossydots.. I'm so confused as to how they're reading my emails and everything, but I guess I'll take 100 extra glossydots..? Thanks Glossybox?

My surveys are available, but it only shows 3 out of 5 plus the survey. It only let me fill out the survey for the first product though, which was the lip liner, then when I tried for the others, it kept returning me to the Feedback page, so I guess I'll just wait till they fix the issue.

My surveys are available, but it only shows 3 out of 5 plus the survey. It only let me fill out the survey for the first product though, which was the lip liner, then when I tried for the others, it kept returning me to the Feedback page, so I guess I'll just wait till they fix the issue.
The surveys are up and complete now (I had 6).  

I have to vent, though, and say how awful those surveys are. They are written with SO much room for misinterpretation ( when asking how you choose a product one of the answers you can choose is "product testing".  This could mean that the individual herself has tested it or that it has been tested somewhere professionally in the industry and are completely different answers) or not enough answers to choose from that there is NO way they can be useful as informational tools.  I would love to proofread one and send it back.  My degree is in marketing so I know that is why it bugs me sooo much and it's just a pet peeve but it dives me nuts!  Half the time I know my answer is not accurate because I was only given a choice of "yes" or "no" answer when neither is correct.  

The surveys are up and complete now (I had 6).

I have to vent, though, and say how awful those surveys are. They are written with SO much room for misinterpretation ( when asking how you choose a product one of the answers you can choose is "product testing". This could mean that the individual herself has tested it or that it has been tested somewhere professionally in the industry and are completely different answers) or not enough answers to choose from that there is NO way they can be useful as informational tools. I would love to proofread one and send it back. My degree is in marketing so I know that is why it bugs me sooo much and it's just a pet peeve but it dives me nuts! Half the time I know my answer is not accurate because I was only given a choice of "yes" or "no" answer when neither is correct.
Maybe they ARE being used as informational tools. Imagine if Glossybox was actually a front for some long term social psychology experiment, measuring the extent to which consumers will tolerate inconsistent and terrible customer service, obfuscated terms of sale, and an endless deluge of eyeliners. The "surveys" are testing our willingness to participate in meaningless activity for a perceived reward.
(I'm really not a conspiracy theorist - I just have an abundance of imagination!)

[edited for typos]

Back