-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

The Return of the MakeupTalk Product Review Center! read more...

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Japan Makeup Products

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 30 OFFLINE   rainbowholism

rainbowholism

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 16-October 06
Reviews

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:45 PM

Hi there, I was wondering if any of you heard of any japan makeup/skin care products that are good? They're really quite fantastic in the make up area -- and I've got magazines of them teaching one how to Wear fake eyelashes - step by step. It's amazing. Okay, call me wide eyed surprise -- but yea, I never knew that foundation had to be put in such a way that the fairer shade (highlighter) should be placed at your T-zone and your cheekbones to make your face shaper. Anddd, there's such stuff about contouring. Cool. So i was just wondering if any of you know of any great japan make up brans? or products? I'm currently using Ethusia's Liquid eyeliner. It's perfect because it's shaped like a pen!

#Post 2 of 30 OFFLINE   Aquilah

Aquilah

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts
  • Joined 22-February 06
Reviews

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:48 PM

I reckon Shu Uemera and Shiseido... Those are the only two that jump out in my mind.
"This is life not heaven, you don't have to be perfect."

#Post 3 of 30 OFFLINE   rainbowholism

rainbowholism

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 16-October 06
Reviews

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:52 PM

Oh yeaaa, shu uemera -- they've got the lash bar!

#Post 4 of 30 OFFLINE   Satin

Satin

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05
Reviews

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I reckon Shu Uemera and Shiseido... Those are the only two that jump out in my mind.
ditto
JANE & SEPHORA - MY TASTE!

#Post 5 of 30 OFFLINE   Zoey

Zoey

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts
  • Joined 20-September 05
Reviews

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:42 AM

Leony will be able to give you the most detailed information,but here is what I think. They have amazing makeup and brushes,high end brands and also drugstore makeup.I ADORE Japanese makeup brands! Check out this thread for more info: http://www.makeuptal....pan-33084.html

#Post 6 of 30 OFFLINE   mabelwan

mabelwan

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts
  • Joined 23-March 06
Reviews

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:58 AM

Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Fasio, Kanebo, Sofina, IPSA,...

#Post 7 of 30 OFFLINE   Chipidy

Chipidy

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 24-September 06
Reviews

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:29 AM

I use Korean makeup as well with shu, particularly Laniege and Enprani, though there are many others. (Their skin care rocks!) You can find out more about the different brands here

#Post 8 of 30 OFFLINE   Leony

Leony

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts
  • Joined 31-May 05
Reviews

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by rainbowholism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there, I was wondering if any of you heard of any japan makeup/skin care products that are good? They're really quite fantastic in the make up area -- and I've got magazines of them teaching one how to Wear fake eyelashes - step by step. It's amazing.

Okay, call me wide eyed surprise -- but yea, I never knew that foundation had to be put in such a way that the fairer shade (highlighter) should be placed at your T-zone and your cheekbones to make your face shaper. Anddd, there's such stuff about contouring. Cool.

So i was just wondering if any of you know of any great japan make up brans? or products? I'm currently using Ethusia's Liquid eyeliner. It's perfect because it's shaped like a pen!

There are many good makeup brands. It depends on how much would you willing to spend though. If you willing to spend more money for makeup you can try the deptstore brand one, such as:

Shu uemura
Shiseido: inouiid,Cledepau, Shiseido S.co, etc
Kose: Cosmedecorte, BEAUTÉ de KOSÉ, etc
Kanebo: Lunasol, Twany, Impress, etc
RMK
Suqqu
Albion
Ayura
Awake
Elegance
IPSA
Sofina:Est, Alblanc etc
And moree (I can't possibly mention them all lol)

As for non deptstore to drugstore brand (widely available):

Shiseido maquillage, Majolica Majorca, Intergrate, etc
Kanebo Testimo, Lavshuca, Revue, Kate, etc
Kose: Luminous, Fasio, Esprique, Vise etc
Ettusais
Sofina: Aube, Raycious, Very very, Fune Fit, etc
Misselegance
Orbis
SKII
And many more

I've tried some of the brands and me like/love them ALL.

I see your location is in Singapore, you can get Japanese magazines in Singapore, right? I've learned sooo many things from all Japanese beauty magazines from skincare to makeup. Their magazines are full with brilliant tutorials, tips and recommendations.

#Post 9 of 30 OFFLINE   foxyqt

foxyqt

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Joined 31-January 06
Reviews

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:13 AM

i recently bought an e/s pallette from a brand called "CModel".. has anyone heard of it? the pallette didnt cost me much (it was less than the price of a single MAC e/s over here) but the quality of the e/s is great and theres like 28 colors in there!! i bought it at the japanese pavillion from one of our Ramadan fairs =)
+{ Irresistible. Natural, physical. Indefinable. Magical, illogical }+

#Post 10 of 30 OFFLINE   rainbowholism

rainbowholism

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 16-October 06
Reviews

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:30 AM

whoa that's cool. yea, i'm from SG. And I've managed to chance upon those magazines. They're really informative!!

#Post 11 of 30 OFFLINE   magosienne

magosienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,321 posts
  • Joined 02-May 06
Reviews

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:54 AM

Shiseido, Kose, Sofina, for the brands i know of and want to buy. i don't read japanese, so i don't really read any japanese magazine, except from time to time the gothic bibles.

#Post 12 of 30 OFFLINE   Shamarani

Shamarani

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 25-April 06
Reviews

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:03 PM

I love Shiseido. Great stuff!

#Post 13 of 30 OFFLINE   Mirtilla

Mirtilla

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts
  • Joined 06-April 05
Reviews

Posted 27 October 2006 - 05:55 AM

Have to share: I've recently bought two Majolica Majorca and a Lavshuca e/s on www.adambeauty.com They're VERY pigmented and cheap, excellent price/quality balance. Can't wait to buy other MM products.
*It's not just a corny saying that you can make a positive out of most any negative if you work at it hard enough*
MY COSMETIC ALBUM

#Post 14 of 30 OFFLINE   noahlowryfan

noahlowryfan

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06
Reviews

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:19 AM

Shiseido is a Japanese brand but it isn't really a Japanese brand if the product is made in another country besides Japan. here in the US, all of their skincare line except White Lucent is made in the US. their White Lucent does wonders for my skin so I might stick to that skincare line.

#Post 15 of 30 OFFLINE   Leony

Leony

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts
  • Joined 31-May 05
Reviews

Posted 30 November 2006 - 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by noahlowryfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shiseido is a Japanese brand but it isn't really a Japanese brand if the product is made in another country besides Japan. here in the US, all of their skincare line except White Lucent is made in the US.

their White Lucent does wonders for my skin so I might stick to that skincare line.
Yeah, most of Shiseido International lines are made in USA regarding Western/Asian skin type and stuff. But, even though some of the International product are made in US but it still Japanese brand (NOT original Japanese product) though only it made in other country.

Originally Posted by hollywood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if it is from Japan or Korea...but I absolutly love and read great reviews of Cle de Peau, foundations, loose powder and concealor(sp?)
I use their loose powder and concealor. Totally amazing!
Cle de Peau is owned by Shiseido. They have pretty good products but they're pricey.

#Post 16 of 30 OFFLINE   magosienne

magosienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,321 posts
  • Joined 02-May 06
Reviews

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:49 PM

i want to try some japanese products, they always seem so wonderful.

#Post 17 of 30 OFFLINE   atouchofblusher

atouchofblusher

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined 26-December 06
Reviews

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:41 PM

My favorite Japanese brands: Ayura Anna Sui Lavshuca Lunasol Paul & Joe Jill Stuart Sofina
PJ
http://atouchofblusher.blogspot.com/
(my blog about cosmetics reviews and updates)

#Post 18 of 30 OFFLINE   iammod

iammod

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 30-December 06
Reviews

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:34 PM

1.RMK 2.ANNA SUI 3.Shu uemura 4.Shiseido 5.Kanebo

#Post 19 of 30 OFFLINE   mimiboo

mimiboo

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Joined 27-May 06
Reviews

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:00 PM

SUQQU have the best eyelash curlers around. They are WAY better then Shu Uemura, as they actually curl the lash from the root. Suqqu have just launched in the UK, in Selfridges and the curlers are only £12....they are more expensive in Japan.
SUQQU brushes are also absolutely unbelievable...unfortunately they are madly expensive (The blusher brush is £160...$320!!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image ). They are however the best (canadian blue squirrel hair, which I hear is 'humanely' obtained....you have to see these to believe the quality.
RMK has a great colour palette....I LOVE their jelly face masks too.
Also, the BEST eyeliner pen I have ever used is by a company called KATE. Its an ultra fine wet pen...and I bring back dozens for friends who beg me for one when I go to Japan....and for approx £5 ($10)....it's a mega bargain.Posted Image
MB

#Post 20 of 30 OFFLINE   osakagrl

osakagrl

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 30-December 06
Reviews

Posted 30 December 2006 - 05:58 PM

just be aware they are SO EXPENSIVE to import. When I was in Japan makeup was out of this world expensive