Dried Out Mascara

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I heard that running hot/warm water over a thing of dried out mascara will make it usable again.... True/False?

I've never heard of that b4. I just throw mine out when it's dry

Yeah me too... but I LOVE this mascara and I can't afford a new tube of it right now. It still works, but not as well as it used to :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Grrrr lol

Oookay, I found where I heard this...

# 4 When your mascara is dry and not applying well, run it under hot water for about 5 minutes and it will be just like new.

Carmindy

ok .. until u try it im still goin to guess.. i think it won't work but i hope it dose.

Well, running hot water over it or soaking the closed mascara in a thing of hot water will kind of "melt" the mascara inside, so maybe the amount that is dried up around the edge of the inside of the bottle will kind of soften up and become usable once again. *shrugs*

Hmm so I tried it out and I noticed a difference from the last time I used it, nothing great, but definitely a difference.

you should probably toss it out. they say that you shouldn't keep mascara that long anyways...like no more than 2 months because it accumulates alot of bacteria.

If its dried out, it is probably old and you really shouldn't use it. You could get an eye infection or something.

I always throw mine out by the time it gets like that as i am scared of getting an infection or something but i always have a back up just incase i cant afford a new one or something, i would die without mascara....hhmmm maybe not but i wouldnt be able to leave my house! LMAO

I've tried it and it works. I think you can only get a bit more mileage though as you need to keep in mind infections. So go for it but just until payday!

Back