Dried Out Mascara

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine went a little dry/clumpy but I just dipped the brush in water and shaked the bottle and its fine now, I have heard that hot water works, as it does for nail polish too.

Hehehe. There's half-decent mascaras you can buy for the price of a sandwich! I don't think it's economically worth it.

I recommend tossing it, and buying something cheaper to hold you over. I agree w/ Marisol about the fact it sounds old and like it needs to be tossed before you get an eye infection.

Hi,

Please be careful. A way to keep the mascara from drying out so quickly is: use disposable mascara wands and when inserting the wand back into the tube to pick up more mascara, do not pump the wand, but twist it around in the tube instead.

It dose work, i used to do this when i didn't get mascaras very often.

But i wouldn't recommend doing it, as it has the most growth of bacteria in any make-up and needs to be tossed every 3 months.

don't do this....adding water to any makeup, especially mascara will lead to bacterial growth. Considering you're putting the mascara in ur eye area, its not worth the few extra uses...just toss it

Back