-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

What is the best lotion for dry cracked heels?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 44 OFFLINE   Jessica81

Jessica81

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Joined 17-July 06
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:42 PM

My feet are so gross. Usually I am able to walk on the beach a few times during the summer and it softens my feet - natural exfoliator. :glasses: BUT I am stuck in a city w/o a beach and my heels are in such bad shape. I moisturize every night, but it isn't helping. I know if I wore sneakers during the day instead of flip flops it would help, but it is just too hot. Have you tried any lotions that work wonders?

#Post 2 of 44 OFFLINE   itsoktoblush

itsoktoblush

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined 24-February 07
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:47 PM

You can try Eufora's Body Blends lotion. It's 85% pharmacutical grade aloe. There is no water in this product. The aloe in this product is very, very healing. I've seen it work wonders.

#Post 3 of 44 OFFLINE   Saja

Saja

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts
  • Joined 03-August 05
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:03 PM

I use a foot file and Gold Bond ULtimate Moisterizer
"I know, it's only rock and roll but I like it" - The Rolling Stones

#Post 4 of 44 OFFLINE   han

han

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,380 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:03 PM

you could get one of those pumic stones, i think thats what there called.. use that everynight after you soak your feet and it will soften your heels, i also use the foot razor to take off dead skin about once a week, after you put lotion on put some socks on.. or you could get a pro pedicure every couple weeks and in a couple months your feet with def look better..

#Post 5 of 44 OFFLINE   yourleoqueen

yourleoqueen

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Joined 02-September 05
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:07 PM

Pumice those heels after a soak in the bath, then cover your feet with Vaseline, go heavy on the hells, then put on socks. In the morning your feet will be smooth as silk.

#Post 6 of 44 OFFLINE   littletingoddes

littletingoddes

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Joined 01-May 06
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:10 PM

Kerasal works wonderfully for me. I smooth some on before bed, put on socks, and when I get up in the morning my feet are noticeably softer.
"World ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man - and give some back" Al Swearengen, "Deadwood"

#Post 7 of 44 OFFLINE   emily_3383

emily_3383

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,287 posts
  • Joined 29-October 05
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:11 PM

What i like to do is soak my feet, then i scrub them and put tons of lotion and put socks on and they get sooo soft. They sell socks for this but i dont really care and use regular socks. you beat me to it! lol

#Post 8 of 44 OFFLINE   Jessica81

Jessica81

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Joined 17-July 06
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:42 PM

Thanks, I do lather on lotion and use socks at night, but somehow I kick them off before morning LOL I will try the pumice stone - if I can find one in this third world country - just kidding I'm in Argentina, it's just hard to find things here.

#Post 9 of 44 OFFLINE   nlee22

nlee22

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Joined 30-October 05
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:57 PM

I use St Ives lotion and I mix it with jojoba oil and it works wonders. I used to have nasty cracked heels. At first i use vaseline at night but it got too oily on my bed sheets. Socks don't work for me cuz i tend to lose it the next morning. So I decided to mix St Ives loiton and jojoba oil just to try it out and to my amazement my heels as well as my whole body is soft as a baby's toosh. It takes awhile for it to sink in ur body but its well worth it. You can use any kind of lotion and just mix it with jojoba oil.
Nancy Lee

#Post 10 of 44 OFFLINE   PT-BC99

PT-BC99

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined 09-December 06
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:42 PM

I've tried Vaseline/ exfoliating/ pumice stones/ Kerasal/Bag Balm/ Lotion/ socks at night...just about everything. Some things worked, most didn't. Here's what I do now...I apply Vitamin E oil with a cotton ball and follow that with Aloe Vera gel. My feet have never looked, or felt, better.
If you build it they will come, and they'll ask if you have a permit.

#Post 11 of 44 OFFLINE   Kathy

Kathy

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,130 posts
  • Joined 02-March 06
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:43 PM

I use a foot file and Bag Balm (similare to Vaseline), then I put socks on and my feet have gotten much better.

#Post 12 of 44 OFFLINE   topdogg

topdogg

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Joined 17-July 06
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:44 PM

Keri Nourishing Shea Butter lotion saved my feet! I saw dramatic improvment in about 2 weeks. I sound like a commercial lol....but this stuff is wonderful.

#Post 13 of 44 OFFLINE   susanks1

susanks1

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:57 PM

I like Bath & Body Works Shea It Isn't So. It works great for dry cracked heels.

#Post 14 of 44 OFFLINE   monniej

monniej

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,760 posts
  • Joined 13-May 05
Reviews

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:17 PM

you got it leo queen! the cheapest and easist way to soft supple feet! i do this every single day!

#Post 15 of 44 OFFLINE   Retro-Violet

Retro-Violet

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,486 posts
  • Joined 05-November 05
Reviews

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:47 PM

pumice stone burts bees coconut foot cream vaseline anyone one of these work great.

#Post 16 of 44 OFFLINE   kristiex0

kristiex0

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Joined 06-August 05
Reviews

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:51 PM

last time i went to get a pedicure, they told me not to use the razor because it makes the skin grow in thicker? is this true?

#Post 17 of 44 OFFLINE   jessimau

jessimau

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Joined 10-April 06
Reviews

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:01 PM

I use Nivea cream with or without socks (although it does work better with those little booties b/c that gives it a little more time to soak in before you kick the booties off.
"I can't visualize that in my ear." - My Mother

"You're special."
"Like 'stop-eating-the-paste' special?"

#Post 18 of 44 OFFLINE   Jessica81

Jessica81

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Joined 17-July 06
Reviews

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:31 PM

well, I've been trying the socks and even thought I kick them off my feet are getting better - I wear socks all the time when I'm at home, not just at night - it is turning my socks black - haha I should mop the floor. Or maybe just pay someone to do it - (I'm in South America and you can hire a cleaning lady for $2 USD an hour)

#Post 19 of 44 OFFLINE   rawrrawrrawramy

rawrrawrrawramy

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Joined 02-July 06
Reviews

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:52 PM

I have the WORST feet ever and nothing worked for me until I tried Flexitol Cracked Heel Balm! It is great! You can buy it at CVS and it's about $7, you should really try it!!

#Post 20 of 44 OFFLINE   vodkastars

vodkastars

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 16-August 06
Reviews

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:06 AM

i use vitamin e at night. i put a LOT and cover my feet with socks so that in the morning they are soooft.