-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

What is the best lotion for dry cracked heels?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 44 OFFLINE   Jessica81

Jessica81

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Joined 17-July 06
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:42 PM

My feet are so gross. Usually I am able to walk on the beach a few times during the summer and it softens my feet - natural exfoliator. :glasses: BUT I am stuck in a city w/o a beach and my heels are in such bad shape. I moisturize every night, but it isn't helping. I know if I wore sneakers during the day instead of flip flops it would help, but it is just too hot. Have you tried any lotions that work wonders?

#Post 2 of 44 OFFLINE   itsoktoblush

itsoktoblush

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined 24-February 07
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:47 PM

You can try Eufora's Body Blends lotion. It's 85% pharmacutical grade aloe. There is no water in this product. The aloe in this product is very, very healing. I've seen it work wonders.

#Post 3 of 44 OFFLINE   Saja

Saja

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts
  • Joined 03-August 05
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:03 PM

I use a foot file and Gold Bond ULtimate Moisterizer
"I know, it's only rock and roll but I like it" - The Rolling Stones

#Post 4 of 44 OFFLINE   han

han

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,380 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:03 PM

you could get one of those pumic stones, i think thats what there called.. use that everynight after you soak your feet and it will soften your heels, i also use the foot razor to take off dead skin about once a week, after you put lotion on put some socks on.. or you could get a pro pedicure every couple weeks and in a couple months your feet with def look better..

#Post 5 of 44 OFFLINE   yourleoqueen

yourleoqueen

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Joined 02-September 05
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:07 PM

Pumice those heels after a soak in the bath, then cover your feet with Vaseline, go heavy on the hells, then put on socks. In the morning your feet will be smooth as silk.

#Post 6 of 44 OFFLINE   littletingoddes

littletingoddes

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Joined 01-May 06
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:10 PM

Kerasal works wonderfully for me. I smooth some on before bed, put on socks, and when I get up in the morning my feet are noticeably softer.
"World ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man - and give some back" Al Swearengen, "Deadwood"

#Post 7 of 44 OFFLINE   emily_3383

emily_3383

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,286 posts
  • Joined 29-October 05
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:11 PM

What i like to do is soak my feet, then i scrub them and put tons of lotion and put socks on and they get sooo soft. They sell socks for this but i dont really care and use regular socks. you beat me to it! lol

#Post 8 of 44 OFFLINE   Jessica81

Jessica81

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Joined 17-July 06
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:42 PM

Thanks, I do lather on lotion and use socks at night, but somehow I kick them off before morning LOL I will try the pumice stone - if I can find one in this third world country - just kidding I'm in Argentina, it's just hard to find things here.

#Post 9 of 44 OFFLINE   nlee22

nlee22

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Joined 30-October 05
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:57 PM

I use St Ives lotion and I mix it with jojoba oil and it works wonders. I used to have nasty cracked heels. At first i use vaseline at night but it got too oily on my bed sheets. Socks don't work for me cuz i tend to lose it the next morning. So I decided to mix St Ives loiton and jojoba oil just to try it out and to my amazement my heels as well as my whole body is soft as a baby's toosh. It takes awhile for it to sink in ur body but its well worth it. You can use any kind of lotion and just mix it with jojoba oil.
Nancy Lee

#Post 10 of 44 OFFLINE   PT-BC99

PT-BC99

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Joined 09-December 06
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:42 PM

I've tried Vaseline/ exfoliating/ pumice stones/ Kerasal/Bag Balm/ Lotion/ socks at night...just about everything. Some things worked, most didn't. Here's what I do now...I apply Vitamin E oil with a cotton ball and follow that with Aloe Vera gel. My feet have never looked, or felt, better.
If you build it they will come, and they'll ask if you have a permit.

#Post 11 of 44 OFFLINE   Kathy

Kathy

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,130 posts
  • Joined 02-March 06
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:43 PM

I use a foot file and Bag Balm (similare to Vaseline), then I put socks on and my feet have gotten much better.

#Post 12 of 44 OFFLINE   topdogg

topdogg

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Joined 17-July 06
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:44 PM

Keri Nourishing Shea Butter lotion saved my feet! I saw dramatic improvment in about 2 weeks. I sound like a commercial lol....but this stuff is wonderful.

#Post 13 of 44 OFFLINE   susanks1

susanks1

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06
Reviews

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:57 PM

I like Bath & Body Works Shea It Isn't So. It works great for dry cracked heels.

#Post 14 of 44 OFFLINE   monniej

monniej

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,760 posts
  • Joined 13-May 05
Reviews

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:17 PM

you got it leo queen! the cheapest and easist way to soft supple feet! i do this every single day!

#Post 15 of 44 OFFLINE   Retro-Violet

Retro-Violet

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,486 posts
  • Joined 05-November 05
Reviews

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:47 PM

pumice stone burts bees coconut foot cream vaseline anyone one of these work great.

#Post 16 of 44 OFFLINE   kristiex0

kristiex0

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Joined 06-August 05
Reviews

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:51 PM

last time i went to get a pedicure, they told me not to use the razor because it makes the skin grow in thicker? is this true?

#Post 17 of 44 OFFLINE   jessimau

jessimau

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Joined 10-April 06
Reviews

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:01 PM

I use Nivea cream with or without socks (although it does work better with those little booties b/c that gives it a little more time to soak in before you kick the booties off.
"I can't visualize that in my ear." - My Mother

"You're special."
"Like 'stop-eating-the-paste' special?"

#Post 18 of 44 OFFLINE   Jessica81

Jessica81

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Joined 17-July 06
Reviews

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:31 PM

well, I've been trying the socks and even thought I kick them off my feet are getting better - I wear socks all the time when I'm at home, not just at night - it is turning my socks black - haha I should mop the floor. Or maybe just pay someone to do it - (I'm in South America and you can hire a cleaning lady for $2 USD an hour)

#Post 19 of 44 OFFLINE   rawrrawrrawramy

rawrrawrrawramy

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Joined 02-July 06
Reviews

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:52 PM

I have the WORST feet ever and nothing worked for me until I tried Flexitol Cracked Heel Balm! It is great! You can buy it at CVS and it's about $7, you should really try it!!

#Post 20 of 44 OFFLINE   vodkastars

vodkastars

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 16-August 06
Reviews

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:06 AM

i use vitamin e at night. i put a LOT and cover my feet with socks so that in the morning they are soooft.