What is the best lotion for dry cracked heels?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ghewol Medicated Foot Salve for Dry & Cracked Feet works wonders!

My mom had really cracked heels and she honestly tried EVERYTHING! I got her the salve and honestly like 2 days later he feet were so much better!

Burts Bees coconut foot cream. It is very gooey, must wear socks with it , but it does the trick.

pumice stone and then vegetal glycerin works wonder.You can find the glycerin at the pharmacy of most stores.

This is my first post here and I love this forum that I just discovered.Great topics.

Everytime I get out of the shower I swipe jojoba oil all over including feet and heels. My skin has never been softer and my cracked heels are gone! It seals in moisture which my New England dried heels need in winter and summer. I have all my friends using it and it works! I don't even need creams or lotions as they just don't sink in. I order large quantities of organic jojoba oil on line. Fabulous!

Jessica, sorry I cannot respond to your message. I am a newbie and you have to have 50 posts before I can send one. To answer your question, I quickly towel dry just for drips and then slather oil all over and feet. Put on flip flops--socks or slippers will absorb oil-- then a terry robe and put on makeup and do hair and by the time I am ready to get dressed it is absorbed. If you would like more info just send me your email. Sorry can't respond to you! And no scent, it is odorless. If you would like the website that I get a 1/2 liter for $25.00 just send me your email. I don't think I can say here--I guess would be advertising. So much cheaper than drugstores and health food stores and it is organic. I am sure they would send to you in SA. They supply masseuses (?). Hope this helps and I swear by this. Oh, you have to do this everytime you get out of the tub or it won't work. It is a cumulative thing. Your aunt must have added a scent. I bet it would be nice to add a scented oil to it in hot weather and just put that on and not cologne. Some nice tropical scented oil. hmmmm....

You can moisturize until the end of the world. You have got to exfoliate with pumice stone. Then when the feet are smooth , use Vaseline at night.

Healthy Hoof, originally for horses now packaged & sold for people, is great to help heal cracks. I've purchased it at a beauty supply store and my mom found it at CVS, Since it's hard to find I did a Google search and found it for sale online, too.

I would use the body shop hemp foot protector. It makes ure feet feel so soft and it evens out your skin tone too.

exfoliate/slough off the dead skin with a pumice stone. Bath and Body Work's "shea it isn't so" works really well as does the kerasal.

I use the Johnson and Johnson's Lavender Baby Oil gel, put it on right after your bath/shower, when your feet are stiill kinda moist...put the baby oil on, slip some socks on your feet and they'll feel fabulous!

I didn't have cracks in my heels so much as I had callouses and skin buildup on my big toes and the area right beneath them, plus all around my heel area. It looked white and dry and was really hard.

I used a foot file and scrubs, which helped, but it didn't fix it. Finally, I thought I've got to get rid of all that built up, dead skin. I put my GlyDerm lotion (which I normally use to help exfoliate my face) on my feet, waited for it to absorb, then put on the Bath & Body "Shea It Isn't So" lotion, and socks. I did this every other night for a week or so.

It really got all the dead, calloused skin off so I could put lotion and socks on at night and keep them looking great!

I, too, hate wearing socks at night, but putting some kerasal on, then the socks really helps.

Back