My Bad haircut....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I was trying to grow my hair out and it was covering my neck finally, but for some stupid reason I decided to get it cut. The girl told me I only had 2 options for it so I went with the one where you spike it out in the back. I've had it like that before and really liked it. Well anyways, I went to Regis in the mall for the first time.....Big mistake.....Huge Mistake!! In case your wondering why I say this. She cut my hair Very short in the back..it does spike out so I can live with that but she didn't even cut the rest of it...the sides are long and super thick. It was so wet when she did it I couldn't tell how bad it was until I got home and dried it. She told me before I left that if I didn't like it let them know and they would fix it.

I called them today when I got home and told them I was not happy. The girl who I spoke to said the girl would redo it, but I told her I didn't want her to touch my hair again so she said the manager would cut it for me tomorrow. I'm so sad and unhappy. I had let it grow out to where I could deal with it then I went and had this done. I hope the manager can fix it for me. I think the girl must have known I wasn't gonna like it. She even told me she was the highest paid stylist there. my hair is as short as mans in the back. I guess I'm back to letting it grow out. I need someone to kick me It will never grow out if I keep doing this. When I sat in her chair I had this strong urge to Leave, but I didn't. I wish I would have followed my instinct! I think I still might Cry!! If I put it back in a headband it isn't that bad. Another Question....Should I get the sides cut to match the back or leave headbands on and live with it so it don't take so long to grow out? The back won't take as long to grow as the sides. Please give advice. I'll try to post pics tomorrow.

Awww sweetheart I'm so sorry. I feel your pain.

How long are your sides and bangs? I'm picturing it short like it is in front and then longer and piecey in front, but that may not sound like your cup of tea.

I'm glad that you called and arranged to have it made right.

The back is Really short, the top is longer and the sides are a little past my ears. And some of the back sides are long if that makes sense.

Aww :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> well its just hair and if you want it long then I would say just let the stylist fix it but don't cut it to match the back. I got my hair done at Regis once and I wasent too happy with it. I didn't go back cuz I found another place that would do more for less and better quality.

Can you do something like this. I realize that your hair is shorter in back.
debra_profile.jpg

Yeah I normally go to a Great Salon which charges less, but I was in the mall and it was a spur of the moment thing. Dumb....Dumb....Dumb! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

YES! That is Exactly how I wanted it!!! Good thing is I have plenty of hair on the sides to do that. Is that your hair?? If so Would you mind if I print that out and take it with me??

That picture is sooo cute. Could you do that?? Maybe if you did something like that and even changed the color it would be a good change you would be happy with until it grew out again.

No it's not my hair, but it's from an online salon. They have an amazing gallery section and a wonderful before and after gallery as well. I've taken pics in from this website before as well as others. i think carrying a pic with you really helps.

Here's the link to the site so they can get credit. BeautyWorx Salon & Day Spa

Yeah I would like to have it colored but not by them!! I think I'll go back to my salon to get color! My color has all been cut out now So I will need it again anyways.

Regina I'd love to see pics of your new do if you get the chance. I really love that cut it's so fun!

Regina here's a front view of that style too.
debra6.jpg

Yeah I'll put pics of the way it is now and after. I hope her being the manager she can do it. I've had my hair like that 2 times before and I really liked it!! My face is a little chubby too so it makes it look smaller....I love that.....LOL

I feel your pain, honey! I just chopped my hair yesterday after having it hit my shoulders. Thing is, even though I went to someone new and I don;t really love the cut, it still looks much better on me. My face was not meant for long hair.

You are so right to go back and get it fixed. The reason I went to someone new yesterday is because the girl I went to for 8 years did a bad color job and did not have the time (or make the time) to fix it. She just left me hanging and was too pissy to fix it. Well, you know what I say? Ba-bye!!!!!!!!

You deserve to get what you paid for! (ok, off my soapbox now) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well Update: I just got back from getting my hair fixed. It looks kind of like the pic posted but it's shorter on the sides. The manager was Excellent about it and told me if I had any more problems with it please let her know. She also styled it for me which the other girl didn't do. She said she was sooo Glad that I gave her the chance to fix it. She was very nice...I was afraid she was gonna say that the girl did a good job on it. I'll post pics as soon as I can find my camera!! It's not as great as it was when it was longer, but I can live with it!! I'm not gonna cry anymore.

I'm so glad that you have a style that you can live with. Bless your heart! That manager sounds fantastic too.

Back