My "I think I`m getting old and boring"- rant

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am turning into such a slump. I only put on minimal makeup and don´t even play with my new bright MAC e/s, I let my hair get all nasty and greasy over the weekend and when I stay home I wear clothes that are so old and nasty that my mom threatened to throw them away when I leave the house.

I just don´t wanna go out anymore, and when I do I get tired by like 1am. A perfect weekend for me would be eating pizza and chocolate and watch whatever crappy movie is on TV. Whereas my 19year old brother goes out everytime he can and has the time of his life. I have to go to a really nice club or be around really fun people or be tipsy to have fun going out.

But at the same time it sucks staying home and being bored, ya know? I am young and should do fun things. I am not depressed anymore, so I don`t understand why I am being so lame lol

It was just a lot more fun when my fiancé was still here. Now it´s just annoying to get hit on by guys at the clubs. And I HATE it that smoking is allowed in ever bar and club over here. You come home smelling like a freakin ASHTRAY
yuck.gif

Ok rant over. Suggestions for a life change are always welcome!

Oh Andi, I'm in the same boat! I feel soooo frumpy! Tbh, I've felt this way for about 2 years now. I just don't have the same energy for those things that I used too . . . I wish I had some advice, but I need some myself!
tongue.gif

Same predicament here too or three.

I decided not to show up at a friend's dinner tonight. Couldve gotton my drink on...

Was not in a mood... I just wanted to stay home even tho I hate staying home. Bleh.

And I've had thoughts of just going natural with all my makeup... like my old days. Eyeliner only. *gasp* And my hair is always up and I love just wearing my gym pants and lounge...

...I need motivation again. Maybe that's what we need, some motivation - cus I for sure ain't having none in the past month and it's making me more bummy as time goes on.

I'd love to know where to find the motivation. I dont even remember what used to motivate me before? Everything is just so "meh" now. Everytime I try to get off my butt and put on some makeup I just think "what's the point?"

Sigh.

I'm not depressed or anything, I'm just . . . uninterested? I dunno . . .

It sounds as though you all are suffering from Depression. Maybe you all need to see your doctors? If you need to vent, please PM me.

I dunno about Celly or Andi, but I know for me it is definitely not depression. I just don't feel the need to wear makeup every day anymore. If I was going out I probably would, but for just sitting around the house or doing groceries, I just couldn't be bothered.

Well I had a depressive episode in winter and I´m currently still on an antidepressant that makes me feel awesome mood-wise. So everything is ok again in that area.

But I´ve just noticed a lack of energy in the last year or more. I need more sleep than I used to (that´s why I feel old sometimes lol) and I am too lazy to even go on a bike ride with my mom or something. I´m also usually constantly stressed about school so I don´t have motivation to find a hobby or something. And now that I´m on summer break (and finally finished all my internships) I just enjoy doing absolutely NOTHING for once.

On one hand it feels great to be so carefree for once, but on the other hand everybody else seems to always do stuff whereas I get more and more boring.

And about wearing makeup I´m the same as Kee: I am like "what´s the point?". I may feel pretty but I never get any compliments on my makeup anyway. And after a few hours I wash it off and go to bed.

When I think about it I might have the answer to my problem: I suffer from sexual abstinence! Whenever I am with my fiancé I am energetic and always up to do something. Being with him makes me feel so alive.

But since we´re doing LD things slow down so much when I´m just by myself. I don´t even see my friends as much as I used to anymore

Well it definitely sounds like you deserve some "nothing" time! Maybe you're having conflicting feelings about it because you're so used to being busy busy busy? Like "yea, doing nothing sure feels nice" but somewhere inside you feel a bit guilty for it? I get like that.

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well it definitely sounds like you deserve some "nothing" time! Maybe you're having conflicting feelings about it because you're so used to being busy busy busy? Like "yea, doing nothing sure feels nice" but somewhere inside you feel a bit guilty for it? I get like that. yeah I guess you could be right. Maybe when I get back to Vienna to my own apartment in a couple of days doing nothing will feel better. Here with my parents I tend to feel guilty for being lazy cause they are always working, either at their job or at the house.

Oh yea, being around people who are always keeping busy when you just wan to relax can definitely be a bummer! The other day I was feeling so sick and I just wanted a day to veg out. My neice and her girlfriend were over and they decided to clean my house for me.

On the one hand I was grateful, but on the other it kinda made me feel weird.

I just thought of something fun:

all of us unmotivate people in one room, a big comfy couch, a huge flatscreen TV and a family pizza for each of us.

laughing.gif

i have heard taking antidepressant makes a person feel worse coz i have had fds that felt like that.

i also wonder if there are so many ppl who need it coz i have heard a lot of ppl taking it.

in terms of your prob of going out . its good u actually went out when u were younger. i only went to a club once in my life time lol maybe u just started early and arent interested in it no more. like Mc donald food. i like it when i wa syoung now i see it i just EW
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just thought of something fun:
all of us unmotivate people in one room, a big comfy couch, a huge flatscreen TV and a family pizza for each of us.

laughing.gif

That sounds sooo good! lol!

Everyone gets into a slump from time to time... I'm there right now!! The thought of wearing makeup, a skirt and heels just doesn't matter to me right now, at all.... And for me that's unheard of.. lol Cold pizza for breakfast sound soo good right now...
smile.gif

Karren

hmm, maybe force yourself to get outside your comfort zone and do something, and gradually, the fun-ness of it will come back?

Like I agree about the nights out, I hate getting hit on by random guys, ashtray clothes, spending lots of money like blah, cant force myself.

I felt the same, and I Couldn't be bothered to exercise either, but I think it's one of those things that the more you do it, the better you feel and the more you want it - and then you'll realise that you feel a lot better and more motivated.

Basically I thought to myself, I dont want to wake up at 40, be unable to do the things I did, be fat, and realise I spent the last 20 years of my life doing NOTHING fun at all, that in fact I've been drifting, not living!

So those thoughts help get me off the couch and doing something even if initially I didn't want to do whatever it was at all.
smile.gif

Hope that helps and I hope all of you get your motivation back! you can do it!

I hear you Andi. Same boat here. Kinda. The baby daddy just came to pick Alana up, and *GASP*, I went out there in my pjs and no makeup! Now, any other time I have seen him, its been me making sure I was looking good. But, it's just gotten to the point of, why even try? I stay at home everyday, I'm not working, and Eric is driving my car. And even when I wanna go out, I cant because I have no car or money, which puts my in my slump even deeper. Guess I should go throw my pizza in the oven and proceed with the frumpiness!

I just think all the partying gets old pretty fast. After a while when you are old enough to go out and party on your own its not as fun as when you are younger you know you arent supposed to. Im boring anyways, fun for me is going to the movies and having dinner. lol

Back