My "I think I`m getting old and boring"- rant

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i feel the same way at times.. my life ended as soon as i got pergnant.. i'm a mother now so no way i can do the thing's i used to and i really dont want to anyway. thank god i have my b/f otherwise i will go insane! whenever i feel like that he just pick's me up all the time so i'm thankful for him.

i know it's hard not having ur fiance there maybe your just changing and the clubs are becoming a thing in the past for you.. your a smart, beauitful girl who's engaged and in love so thing's are going to be diffrent. i dont think your boring but i know how u feel.

haha, I just had to post this pic of me at my frumpiest best. I say, let frumpy be the new cool!

My hair is unwashed, makeup has been on all day, wearing my bf's jumper, playing with my bunny, LOL

102_0364.jpg

Lol, yeah I have this periods where I feel like that too. I'm going to med school too so I understand what it feels to be super busy and then having nothing to do. Sometimes I don't even want to go out because I feel guilty of going out and not studying, or sometimes I just don't want to. What I do is force myself to go out every once in a while. I end up having a good time and people know I'm still alive, because when I start declining every single person that wants to go out with me, they stop inviting me altogether. I'm starting school on Monday again. Let the stress and the no makeup period begiiiin! (No it's not actually fun lol)

Btw Andi, can I have a bacon and mushroom pizza? Lol!

Awww Pinksugar, that pic is super cute!

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif haha, I just had to post this pic of me at my frumpiest best. I say, let frumpy be the new cool!
My hair is unwashed, makeup has been on all day, wearing my bf's jumper, playing with my bunny, LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...s/102_0364.jpg

aww hot cute! Lol I should post a pic of me at my frumpiest best. Greasy hair, pale face with no makeup, my brother´s old huge sweaters with stains on cause I don´t bother to wash it ewww.

Originally Posted by Sheikah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lol, yeah I have this periods where I feel like that too. I'm going to med school too so I understand what it feels to be super busy and then having nothing to do. Sometimes I don't even want to go out because I feel guilty of going out and not studying, or sometimes I just don't want to. What I do is force myself to go out every once in a while. I end up having a good time and people know I'm still alive, because when I start declining every single person that wants to go out with me, they stop inviting me altogether. I'm starting school on Monday again. Let the stress and the no makeup period begiiiin! (No it's not actually fun lol)
Btw Andi, can I have a bacon and mushroom pizza? Lol!

Awww Pinksugar, that pic is super cute!

eww you can have your mushroom pizza lol. I won´t steal it from you if it´s only got traces of mushroom haha. I want a Pepperoni pizza though!
Yup, I basically force myself as well to go out. I can´t say no to my friends all the time, but it´s just a lot of hassle. All that dressing up and putting on makeup to look your best and then you go out and don´t even have a lot of fun

But I´ll keep on trying, I´ll just have to start of new fun activities other than going to clubs

There is no way i'm posying a frumpy pic of me, LOL! I def don't look as good as you pinksugar! Heck, I don't look as good at the rabbit! LOL!
laughing.gif

I can totally relate to all of you! When I moved to a small town and stopped working and left all my friends behind.....my social life died. For the first few months I didn'y get dressed, stayed home all day and felt sorry for myself.

Then one day I decided....I'm lame! No matter if I am seeing people or not I get up get dressed in cute outfits, put on my makeup and fix my hair. It really makes me feel better. When I do something....like walk the dogs....people always say "Are you going somewhere? You are so dressed up?" I tell them I always dress like this! They are impressed. You guys should just try it. Getting up, dressing up and putting on gorgeous makeup motivates me to go out and see the World.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif I can totally relate to all of you! When I moved to a small town and stopped working and left all my friends behind.....my social life died. For the first few months I didn'y get dressed, stayed home all day and felt sorry for myself.
Then one day I decided....I'm lame! No matter if I am seeing people or not I get up get dressed in cute outfits, put on my makeup and fix my hair. It really makes me feel better. When I do something....like walk the dogs....people always say "Are you going somewhere? You are so dressed up?" I tell them I always dress like this! They are impressed. You guys should just try it. Getting up, dressing up and putting on gorgeous makeup motivates me to go out and see the World.

Now this is an inspiring post Manders! I hate to say it but I think I'm too chicken. People around here are so weird! They frown upon anyone who gets dressed up and wears makeup. When I was in Toronto it was diff - you would wear whatever you want! But here it's the land of people-have-nothing-better-to-do-than-talk-about-you.
I'm too much of a wuss
frown.gif

Kee, you already had posted your POV on a thread, so F*** the haters! Be brave, like we know you are , LOL

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just thought of something fun:
all of us unmotivate people in one room, a big comfy couch, a huge flatscreen TV and a family pizza for each of us.

laughing.gif

Toss in some beer and im sooo therehah

Kee they'd only talk about you in jealousy. I say, let them talk..you'd look hot and they'll be envious, and the stares may look mean but it's just in envy!

oh great forgot to copy what i wrote grrrr!!

i was ranting about myself about how much i dislike they way my body has changed since having daughter.

But anyways i find that iron supplements give me that energy boost that i lack and also going shopping for diff clothes that i see and like, not the current craze lol

try going out even for an hour with friends for coffee and lunch, that always feels great. plan ahead of going out, i tend to like going to the rsl or something only as they have areas of wear u can smoke, and we have good dj's here on fri nights.

i find clubs to small and always cramped i only go to one in the city as it is open etc but very popular, it has huge windows if ppl smoke and have a special closed but outdoor area that drags smoke etc out. great place!! and most clubs here in sydney are usually inside but have windows to outside etc so they usually airy, we just have outdoor heater etc. tyr taking up a hobby that keeps u busy, like crafts, or even some kind of sport.

ranting now, just cant help myself, have to get it out,

since having caitlyn its hard to even sit on the toilet alone anymore and when i do i stay in there longer just to be by myself!! when i feel down and lazy i take a shower and i usually feel refreshed get dressed to my mu and go out even just with daughter and i go have lunch. i dont have many friends only due to cause i dont go clubbing etc, and when being a mum ppl think ur an alien and that ur diff, but trust me we are normal, just have kids and we have learnt to be more organized lol.

i find when i do go out now i have alot more fun then i used to, cause i have now appreciated the time that i do have by myself and with friends etc.

if ur sick of the same old scene try going somewhere else.

I feel frump 6 outta 7 days, i even had mild depression due to how much my image changed, i love me new found curves and my C's but i still hate wat pregnancy has done to my body, stretch makrs the size of gullies, all this extra skin that i just cant get rid of, unwanted fat etc etc.

And to think when i was a size 10 i used to complain about my image, but i look back and i wished that i embraced the bikini and not wear shorts all the time, and now i just done wanne be seen at the beach. im actually nervous about summer this yr. and i didnt realize how hard it would be to fin clothes for ppl over the size of 12!!! as my bottom half is a 12-14, im even thinkin about getting thos body slimmer suits so i can appear to be a 12, but i know underneath it still wont make me happy!! I wish that as women we didnt have this inbuilt vanity thing we have!! make life so much easier!!

i envy women who have had children and look so great!! and did with so much ease!!

ok gonna stop now.

i hope the advice that i did give helps u out in some way

Originally Posted by lia_matos /img/forum/go_quote.gif Kee, you already had posted your POV on a thread, so F*** the haters! Be brave, like we know you are , LOL LOL! I wish I could always be as brave asn I was on that thread! That was after about 10 years of holding stuff in . . . I'll prolly hold some more and make another rant in 10 years
tongue.gif

The makeup thing for me was over a long time ago. I still love being up and about but days like today, I enjoy a quiet time. I would advice you to enjoy this alone time you have. Maybe your body is trying to tell you something. Also, try listening to upbeat music sometimes. Maybe that would stimulate you to do something upbeat...if that makes any sense

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif eww you can have your mushroom pizza lol. I won´t steal it from you if it´s only got traces of mushroom haha. I want a Pepperoni pizza though!
Yup, I basically force myself as well to go out. I can´t say no to my friends all the time, but it´s just a lot of hassle. All that dressing up and putting on makeup to look your best and then you go out and don´t even have a lot of fun

But I´ll keep on trying, I´ll just have to start of new fun activities other than going to clubs

Lol! Well I hate clubbing actually, but yep there definitely might be something you will enjoy doing, something fun. I have no idea right now because I'm on the same boat so I'll just stay here and eat my mushroom pizza mmmmmmmmmmm! Hahaha

Well I hope everyone starts feeling better.When I started feeling that way,my mom said I was just growing up.I wasnt or havent been depressed about anything.I just dont enjoy clubbin or going to every function on the planet like before. I actually enjoy being home with hubby. Although we are going to a concert next month.....he will see a different side of me then...he may want a divorce lol...just joking.
smile.gif

My sister and friends call me an 'old fart'. Seriously, ever since I started working, I don't go out! I'm really never in the mood, too tired...etc. I'd just rather sit home and relax. I always tell them I'll see them in the weekend, weekend comes...and I still don't want to!

I also stopped wearing full makeup, dressing nicely. This thread has made it such a reality! lol. I need a makeover!
glasses.gif

Latest posts

Back