How do i hide these chicken pock holes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is like the most embarrassing thing in the world for me to post but here goes... I got a really bad case of chicken pox when i was 7, and although my mother warned me not to itch them, i still did because i needed to, and well, i ended up with chicken pock holes in my face. For years i never really "noticed" them or would ever think people would judge me because of them but since i met my bf I've felt sooooo self conscious about them because people have commented about them to him, and he's made remarks about them when we fight and he wants to diss me about my looks.
hit.gif

So now i constantly think, are people looking at me or the holes when they speak to me? What makeup should i use to try to cover these holes better?? Here's a good look at what I'm talking about...

Okay, i wanted posted it in two different sections because i also wanted to know if there were any medications i could use besides mederma (which is for scaring).

It all is fine in one thread.

But I have a question...is it like a pit in the face or a scar? Cause if it is a pit there is not much to be done but to tell your bf to kiss your ass, lol

Well I doubt I will be much help, but I have a scar from chicken pox as well.

wvsu9k.jpg

You can see it between my eyebrows on my forhead, to my left.

I wouldn't get rid of it, because it's me, ya know? I would say just learn to love them.

Next time your bf brings them up in a fight mention his tiny you-know-what or something and let him feel what you feel! You're really gorgeous, he shouldn't be dissing you.

lol u guys are funny! Aprill, Yes, it is like a pit, and it drives me crazy having them!!

Thanks for showing the pic of the scar you have, i know i really should learn to just accept them but he's seriously made me feel like I'm deformed. And i can't say he's small cuz that just is so not true lol I just try to make fun of him about being awkwardly tall. You guys can see from the pic thats he's scar/pimple/hole free. Thanks for the compliment too, you made me feel better.
smile.gif

Your beautiful. I'm just in a foul mood but his dissing your looks is really pissing me off. As for the boyfriend just send him my way and I'll take care of his rude ass for you.
bringiton.gif

I don't think they are that bad, honestly.

One thing i would probably do about that is not use any shimmery blush or bronzers on that area since it makes scars, enlarged pores and chicken pox scars more obvious as well. If you can wear matte foundation as well as matte blushes better, that will help your scars to be less noticeable.

On a side note:

I do not think that your bf should diss you for that, it is cruel to say stuff like that to you even if you get into a fight.

Another thing is that microdermabrassion is know to help make the look of scars fade a bit, so you could look into that as well.

Ok, those pits you cant really get rid of, what I would suggest is wearing tinted moisturizers, no heavy, cakey foundation, no heavy blush, nothing with alot of shimmer in that area, but nice played up eyes to keep attention from it. But in all honesty there is nothing that will just make it disappear. I was reading around and I read something where they say to improve the elasticity but I dunno.

But uhm the bf needs to grow up for real, he shouldnt bring your war wounds into an argument.

Your boyfriend makes fun of/disses your chicken pock scars? Dude. That's messed up. Sounds like he is the problem - not the scars.

Just an idea...have you ever tried using some kind of a "wrinkle-filler" for the spot, just to make it even? It might be worth a try.

I hate to say this, but your boyfriend looks like a real wanker. He obviously was never taught what beauty is. Don't let him ever tell you otherwise.

My Husband would be sleeping with the fishes, if he ever muttered such words within 500ft. of our property.

ALSO: Dark recedes, and light draws attention to, so it might be worthwhile to use a concealer that is your skin-tone (instead of the usual lighter shade one is supposed to get) over them. Dermablend concealers are amazing, too...it covered my blister scars.

Not that you need any of this. If that were me, I'd circle them with a red marker, and wane off all makeup, just to spite him.

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was reading around and I read something where they say to improve the elasticity but I dunno. Aprill, i don't know if you were reading about this particular thing; but i know of something that is wick3d awesome for softening scars.when i was a baby i had to be on IV. the IV leaked and the skin on my hand was burnt off. when they stitched it up, it turned into a star scar (5 pointed scar) and prevented the hand it was on from growing (my right hand was twice the size of my left). so my mom, knowing i'd get teased for a LONG time if i still had the small hand, looked for any way to loosen up the scar.

what she found was a miracle in a bottle called St. johns wart oil. she rubbed that into my scar until it loosened up enough that my hand could grow. the scar went from being about as thick as my hand to a barely noticeable bump.

i just got yelled to that it was actually either japanese or chinese st. Johns wart oil, but i'm not sure if that would make a difference in how it worked

I just saw a "Pock mark filler" in CVS yesterday. I wanted to buy it, but I'm broke this week. I am paranoid about my pock acne marks and I am going to try this when I get paid. I'll let you know hohw it works. I think you are supposed to put it on under your makeup and it makes them less noticeable.

I agree though. You are beautiful and can't even see them. SO many people have chicken pox marks too.

I have a chicken pock mark on my jaw from when I got chicken pox when I was two. I didn't even know it was there until I was well into my teens! lol. Like the others said, the best thing to do is to use matte products on them and avoid shimmer in those areas.

But honestly, try not to let it get to you so much that you notice the marks rather than that beautiful face of yours! And, to be perfectly honest...I have to agree with the others that your boyfriend making fun of your marks is a really douchey thing to do.

I think fillers will probably be something silicone based, like the monistat anti chafing gel or Smashbox Photofinish. It will fill it small pores, but I don't think it can really help much with larger pock marks. If you are really concerned, I've read that there are some cosmetic treatments such as ice pick filler treatment, punch excision, or needling.

As others have said don’t use heavy foundations and nothing with sparkle or glitter in the area or it will emphasize it.

Your BF is verbally abusive, get out before the relationship causes you any other damage. You don’t need him and he doesn’t love you. A person who loves you would never make you feel badly about yourself!

This is a tip from my grandmother (now in her mid 80’s) “There are two things you never depend on a man for, your self-esteem and your money.â€

I don't think they are bad either. Just keep it matte. I just realized I work w/ some people that probably have pox marks, but I can't even recall who cause I don't pay attention to their face, so most people probably don't notice yours.

Your still super pretty
smile.gif

Honestly I see nothing wrong. Everyone's different, at least u don't have awful acne like I get sometimes. And why is ur BF dissing? He was totally fine with it when he met you, he just wants to find something to make you feel bad about at those moments cuz ur perfect and he can't find anything else to cap on. Why stoop that low to offend eachother's physical appearances when in an argument? That's just low to me cuz a BF should never do that to their girl, and vice versa...what does the argument(s) have to do with the way you look anyway?

And I don't think it's very nice that he tells you that people ask about them, he should have just kept that to himself because you were fine and happy before he brought it up.

ANYWAY LoL, try a silicon based primer. The silicon usually helps fill in creases for wrinkles and stuff, and should help fill in holes as well (at least I assume). I love MAC's Prep + Prime w/o the sunscreen (they charge $5 more when you can just apply it yourself before you put on the P+P)...also I don't like the feel of the one w/sunscreen and foundations and powders don't stick on as well as they do with the screenless P+P.

Originally Posted by amanda1210 /img/forum/go_quote.gif This is like the most embarrassing thing in the world for me to post but here goes... I got a really bad case of chicken pox when i was 7, and although my mother warned me not to itch them, i still did because i needed to, and well, i ended up with chicken pock holes in my face. For years i never really "noticed" them or would ever think people would judge me because of them but since i met my bf I've felt sooooo self conscious about them because people have commented about them to him, and he's made remarks about them when we fight and he wants to diss me about my looks.
hit.gif
So now i constantly think, are people looking at me or the holes when they speak to me? What makeup should i use to try to cover these holes better?? Here's a good look at what I'm talking about...

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9657/menpat2uk9.jpg

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/6959/me3sm0.jpg

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/1073/m4hg6.jpg

Don't feel bad hun, I got chicken pox when I was NINETEEN and in Army Basic Training.
I have scars on my face too. I have a couple on my forehead and one beside my right eye, but honestly, no one has ever noticed. Now *I* think they're noticeable, but no one's ever mentioned them, and when I asked my friends, I had to point them out to me.

FWIW, I think you're gorgeous.

Back