-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

The Return of the MakeupTalk Product Review Center! read more...

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Best lipsticks for dry lips?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 40 OFFLINE   moos

moos

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 29-September 10
Reviews

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:30 PM

Hi,

Does anyone have lipstick recommendation or beauty reigmen advice for someone with dry lips? In the morning when I put on my lipliner/lipstick (the lipliner and lipstick are both MAC) and bit of lipgloss, it looks great!

But later on (only an hour or two) when it starts to wear off, my lips are dry...and then when I reapply lipstick, it looks icky. So my lips only look good the first few hours of the day.

I am healthy and try to drink water during the day to stay hydrated (although my skin tends to be dry). It's just my dry lips+lipstick that is the problem.

Anybody have any advice?

Thanks!

#Post 2 of 40 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:35 PM

Have you tried wearing lipbalm before you go to bed? When my lips are dry, I put some lipbalm or chapstick before I go to sleep. In the morning, no dry lips! If they are super dry, it may take a couple of days.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#Post 3 of 40 OFFLINE   kikikinzz

kikikinzz

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  • Joined 10-August 10
Reviews

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:46 PM

Hands down, you gotta try Laura Geller's Sugar Scrub. It exfoliates and leaves your lips SUPER soft and moist. Check it out : )

http://www.makeupall....Lip-Treatments
  • awall18 likes this

#Post 4 of 40 OFFLINE   tyari

tyari

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts
  • Joined 20-March 08
Reviews

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:09 AM

I agree with the other ladies. I've had a problem with dry lips lately, myself, and this is what worked for me:
Exfoliate my lips with C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Buffer and I also brush my lips with my toothbrush while I'm brushing my teeth.
Then I apply my EOS lip balm (the best stuff on earth)

You can also apply some lip balm and let it soften up your lips right before you reapply your liner and lipstick, just dab it off right before you apply your goods.

Hope this helps! Good luck.

Oh, and that should help any lipstick look and feel better bbut NYX round lipsticks are the most moisturizing I've come across.

#Post 5 of 40 OFFLINE   Doya G

Doya G

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Joined 01-April 09
Reviews

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:28 AM

you can make your own lip scrub, just 1 tsp of olive oil mixed wit 2spn sugar. use an old toothbrush to exfoliate.
i used to do that everyday cuz i was suffering from dry lips. now its once in a while.
i have also vaseline, that i use every morning or night, or whenever i use the bathroom, since i keep it there.

am a lip balm addict, so i alway have to have lip balm on. even when am wearing lippie, i have to have the balm first. then i re-apply my lipstick or gloss.

#Post 6 of 40 OFFLINE   reesesilverstar

reesesilverstar

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,117 posts
  • Joined 24-August 07
Reviews

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:51 AM

Vaseline at night, Carmex during the day and you could wear any lipstick!
~Sabali~

#Post 7 of 40 OFFLINE   laurakitty

laurakitty

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined 29-September 10
Reviews

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:55 AM

Use MAC's Prep+Prime lip primer before you apply anything to your lips, it leaves them soft and smooth I have dry lips and it always helps me. Doya G, I'll definitely try that!

#Post 8 of 40 OFFLINE   magosienne

magosienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,321 posts
  • Joined 02-May 06
Reviews

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

I would also suggest shea butter on your lips at night, forget about vaseline, it's not that great.

I also suggest Burt's Bees lipbalms, they're really cheap and last a logn time, and they work very well. They have a tinted lipbalm (the pomegranate lipbalm), which can solve your problem

#Post 9 of 40 OFFLINE   reesesilverstar

reesesilverstar

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,117 posts
  • Joined 24-August 07
Reviews

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:50 PM

Aude, how can you diss good ol Vasoline? LOL!

I did try shea butter, but it didn't work as good for me
~Sabali~

#Post 10 of 40 OFFLINE   kayleigh83

kayleigh83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • Joined 05-February 08
Reviews

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:17 AM

I have the same problem I put on lip balm and Vaseline ALL the time, but my lips always get dry and flaky. I think for me part of the problem is working in a very dry work place - it's a big store with the high warehouse style ceilings, so all the moisture rises and it is pretty dry. So I feel your pain!

blog..:://taupe is the new black\::..

etsy store ..:://nail art by kayleigh\::..

tumblr..:://nail art by kayleigh\::..

#Post 11 of 40 OFFLINE   VenusAtlas

VenusAtlas

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 13-September 10
Reviews

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:08 AM

I've got a similar problem; if I don't stay on top of my lip maintenaince, they dry up quick and flake.

Sooooo...I use Philosophy: Kiss me lip sugar scrub. Squeeze it on dry lips, and rub and scrub with your finger. Wipe it off with a dry cloth or rinse it off.
Then, Sephora has a this cute tube of lip peel and it's exactly that: a mask for your lips. Put it on, it dries in a few minutes, peel it off, lips are fresh!!
Generally, just using Cherry chapstick or Carmex is good enough after that. But lately I've been using Sally Hansen's overnight lip repair. It helps with the lines on your lips, the feathering around your lips, and overall helps retain the moisture in your lips. My pucker feels great in the morning after that!!

Just remember, everywhere you go, chapstick, lip balm, lip butter....something that actually does a service to your lips besides give it color. Oh yes...SPF. Neosporin actually makes a lip cream with SPF 20 in it, so it's good for out-doorsey type lifestyles.
Basically, exfoliate and then moisturize!! Also, some lipsticks have built in serums in them and the texture is very creamy, kinda like the ColourRiche line by L'Oreal.
Good luck!

#Post 12 of 40 OFFLINE   CuteCurly

CuteCurly

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:21 AM

Thats why i wear only glosses. i eat them too but its so easy to apply them quickly

#Post 13 of 40 OFFLINE   VenusAtlas

VenusAtlas

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 13-September 10
Reviews

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by CuteCurly View Post
Thats why i wear only glosses. i eat them too but its so easy to apply them quickly

LMAO!! Definitely guilty of this.

#Post 14 of 40 OFFLINE   llehsal

llehsal

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Joined 16-September 10
Reviews

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:33 AM

Petrilude on Youtube has a video on how to take care of your lips using home stuff. Olive Oil and sugar. I do it all the time and it feels amazing. Trick is though, when you have finished scrubbing, you need to re-apply some olive oil or my lip tends to dry up. The olive oil works wonders
Nothing is worth more than this day.

#Post 15 of 40 OFFLINE   laurakitty

laurakitty

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined 29-September 10
Reviews

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:12 PM

I put baby oil on my lips...weird, but it works!

#Post 16 of 40 OFFLINE   makeupluv

makeupluv

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 07-October 10
Reviews

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:44 AM

For dry lips I love Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in Sugar Rosé and it's spf 15, it feels pretty moisturizing on the lips. Another one I wear that's good for dry lips but is a gloss is from Beauty For Real, they have several shades of gloss but there's one that's close to the natural color of lips that I like for everyday.

#Post 17 of 40 OFFLINE   VenusAtlas

VenusAtlas

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 13-September 10
Reviews

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by makeupluv View Post

For dry lips I love Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in Sugar Rosé and it's spf 15, it feels pretty moisturizing on the lips.

Ooh!  I have the one in Plum.  I forgot about this one; works wonders, feels great, nice color!

#Post 18 of 40 OFFLINE   waterindesert

waterindesert

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 20-October 10
Reviews

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:56 AM

Ohhhhh ......dry lips makes people uncomfortable while talking and sometimes causes mild cracks also on their lips. For specifically

moisturizes your lips one can use Bare Escentuals Lipstick by Sephora which is having beneficial Vitamin E, Shea Butter,

Lavender Oil, and Macadamia Oil. This Macadamia Oil keeps your lips soft and protects it from outside exposure,

keeping your lips moisturized for more time.

#Post 19 of 40 OFFLINE   NIN

NIN

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 13-September 10
Reviews

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:09 AM

I agree with all the tips about exfoliating and hydrating with lipbalms .

i use "korres" lipbalm and "apivita" lip care with organic beeswax,olive oil and propolis.

but there are some lipsticks that dehydrate and others that hydrate.

i LOVE, dior' s serum rouge!!! has great colors and makes lips feel and seem so juicy.it hydrates them too. i have most of the colors that i like of them

#Post 20 of 40 OFFLINE   cocol

cocol

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 21-October 10
Reviews

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:25 AM

good thread for me .