3B Box - Beauty Beyond Borders - Asian Beauty Products *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the peach thing on Amazon and was thinking of ordering it by itself. Has anyone had any problems buying k cosmetics that way? The prices vary from a reasonable $6 to a ridiculous $30. Is six too good to be true?
I believe there's a mini and a full size of this particular item... so watch the sizing! I am always skeptical of Amazon sellers... I think I actually wound up ordering my Tonymoly stuff from Urban Outfitters when they were having some kind of sale.
ETA: Or maybe there was a hand cream and a lip balm. I could be wrong, but I'm too lazy to check. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I think it's a hand cream and a lip balm.  Not positive though.

@ I've bought Benton and Lioele on Amazon without issues.  They were the real deal, too.  I'm using the one I bought on Amazon now.

But yeah, some of the prices are ridiculous!  Total price gouging and you can pay way less even with shipping from places like RoseRoseShop.

I saw the lip balm and the hand cream and of course wanted both. But today I discovered they have figs and rouge for 250 points each on Ipsy's normally lame bonus shop. I resubbed for February's bag and got both flavors/scents. Now I've got my fix of cute fruit hand cream, I can go back to patiently waiting for 3B to unwaitlist me.  ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I saw the lip balm and the hand cream and of course wanted both. But today I discovered they have figs and rouge for 250 points each on Ipsy's normally lame bonus shop. I resubbed for February's bag and got both flavors/scents. Now I've got my fix of cute fruit hand cream, I can go back to patiently waiting for 3B to unwaitlist me.  ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Omg, thank you for mentioning this!  Just ran and redeemed for that!

Hopped on the wait list after seeing that awesome January stuff... since I'm booting Ipsy and a Birchbox, I figure I'm allowed to consider a new sub, right?
I did the same thing! Well, except for ditching the Ipsy and Birchbox. I LOVE my Birchbox...it's never let me down, and I' ve discovered some maybe, possibly, almost HG items. Ipsy, however, is another matter. I was going to give it up, but they have been so GOOD the last 3 months for me, and I have all these dang points which I won't use on the bare minerals eyeshadow, because that stuff...well, let's just say I'm not a fan. I'll give Ipsy another month or two...

I am just really excited and antsy for 3b. It just looks phenomenol!

I just got what I believe is a rejection letter from 3b. At least with respect to January. I think they are all maxed out for the month. It's ok since February I am doing both Ipsy and Birchbox, so I am kind of maxed out myself. 

The email from 3b reads:

Thank-You!

We’re so excited to have you on our wait list! We launched 3B only a few weeks ago and have had an amazing response so far! Right now we’re at full capacity and have a limited number of spots available for subscribers. As new spots open up, we’ll send you an email and you can move off the wait list.

Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to get a peek at what products we’re featuring each month and send us your love by sharing with your friends and letting them know to sign up for our wait list.

We can’t wait to get you your first box!

[SIZE=11pt]xo
Team 3B[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]​      [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]       [/SIZE]​

I just got what I believe is a rejection letter from 3b. At least with respect to January. I think they are all maxed out for the month. It's ok since February I am doing both Ipsy and Birchbox, so I am kind of maxed out myself. 

The email from 3b reads:

Thank-You!

We’re so excited to have you on our wait list! We launched 3B only a few weeks ago and have had an amazing response so far! Right now we’re at full capacity and have a limited number of spots available for subscribers. As new spots open up, we’ll send you an email and you can move off the wait list.

Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to get a peek at what products we’re featuring each month and send us your love by sharing with your friends and letting them know to sign up for our wait list.

We can’t wait to get you your first box!

[SIZE=11pt]xo[/SIZE]Team 3B
[SIZE=11pt]​      [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]       [/SIZE]​

I got the same email - I figured since I didn't get an email when I went on the waitlist, that their system is just catching up with sending them out.

Looks like they've been sending out emails to everyone on their waitlist. I got one telling me if they start shipping to Canada I'll be on the list. 

I've had my box for about a week now and I'm still so happy with it. The only thing I haven't tried yet is the mascara, but that's only because I already have two others open. I'm planning on tossing one soon, so I'm curious to see how the Heroine is. I've even figured out where to find several of the items I have liked in both the December and January boxes. I happen to live in an area with a lot of different Asian shops and supermarkets. I feel so lost in them, though. Most of the shops here are predominantly Korean and I'm far more used to Japanese shops, having lived in Los Angeles and Japan. 

I love that 3B is able to introduce me to products and brands so I don't have to spend a lot of time, money, and gas randomly picking out things to try on my own. When I had Ipsy and Birchbox, I was pretty quick to getting disinterested and receiving items I super indifferent to, severely disliked, or simply couldn't use. There wasn't a single item from either subscription that I sought out to get full sizes of (well, except for a tea from Birchbox, but the price made me say no). I can honestly say that I've really enjoyed trying the items from both my 3Bs so far, even the ones I realized just weren't working out that well for my skin. I already fully intend to get a new peach hand cream when my current one finishes, I've picked up more MBD masks to try, and I may get some Face Shop wipes for those days that I'm tired or am testing out a bunch of face products. When I first signed up I honestly thought that I would be dropping this subscription after one month and here I am wondering what will be in store in the next month.

They've started real strong and I hope they keep up the great work! I also hope that those of you on the wait list are able to get off soon and join in on the fun!

I've actually recently tried the mascara and it's unfortunately not for me.

I don't think it's bad by any means, but I'm super picky about my mascaras, and this one seems a little...empty? I don't know- I felt like I had to swirl it around in there quite a bit to get any product on the brush, and it took quite a few coats just to get my lashes to the volume I wanted. 

I think it'll work well for anyone who wants a bit of oomph in the length/volume department, but still wants a natural look. It just wasn't doing it for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've actually recently tried the mascara and it's unfortunately not for me.

I don't think it's bad by any means, but I'm super picky about my mascaras, and this one seems a little...empty? I don't know- I felt like I had to swirl it around in there quite a bit to get any product on the brush, and it took quite a few coats just to get my lashes to the volume I wanted. 

I think it'll work well for anyone who wants a bit of oomph in the length/volume department, but still wants a natural look. It just wasn't doing it for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I just tried out the mascara today and officially love everything that came in January. The mascara is actually the perfect type for me. I realize that I am very fortunate in having the type of lashes people dream of: full, thick, long, curvy, and double set of lashes likely from a distichiasis mutation. In case you think that last part's great, let me assure everyone that a set of lashes that grow out of your upper water line can be quite literally irritating (oh, and here's hoping I never develop any of the related cardiac issues. Woo hoo?).

Anyways, the main reason I even wear mascara is because they tend to catch quite a lot of eye shadow and look rather muted after I am done with the rest of my eye makeup. I use the mascara to make them re-pop. I don't need any of the things others need, just a good solid cover that covers all my lashes. The Heroine mascara does exactly that. It covers them all so incredibly well from root to tip (and I have so many issues with other wands getting the tips) while still keeping that natural and separated look. My mother doesn't know this yet, but she's totally going to be sent on a mission to search the Japanese shops around her for this stuff when I need to replace it. 

ETA: Incidentally, the only eyeshadow fallout that my lashes have failed to fully catch in the past is from UD's Sidecar in the original Naked palette. And I've used loose pigment. That should convince everyone that Sidecar is evil. Evil. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried out the mascara today and officially love everything that came in January. The mascara is actually the perfect type for me. I realize that I am very fortunate in having the type of lashes people dream of: full, thick, long, curvy, and double set of lashes likely from a distichiasis mutation. In case you think that last part's great, let me assure everyone that a set of lashes that grow out of your upper water line can be quite literally irritating (oh, and here's hoping I never develop any of the related cardiac issues. Woo hoo?).

Anyways, the main reason I even wear mascara is because they tend to catch quite a lot of eye shadow and look rather muted after I am done with the rest of my eye makeup. I use the mascara to make them re-pop. I don't need any of the things others need, just a good solid cover that covers all my lashes. The Heroine mascara does exactly that. It covers them all so incredibly well from root to tip (and I have so many issues with other wands getting the tips) while still keeping that natural and separated look. My mother doesn't know this yet, but she's totally going to be sent on a mission to search the Japanese shops around her for this stuff when I need to replace it. 

ETA: Incidentally, the only eyeshadow fallout that my lashes have failed to fully catch in the past is from UD's Sidecar in the original Naked palette. And I've used loose pigment. That should convince everyone that Sidecar is evil. Evil. 
Thankfully that mascara is easy to find online! You can buy Heroine Make in lots of places, including Sasa, Alphabeautyuk ebay (it is a hong kong based seller, but they sell authentic products, much like sasa), or Adam Beauty. Jaipfe on ebay also sells it, straight from Japan!

Has anyone not received the January bag yet? I subscribed at the very end of December, thinking that my first bag would probably be in January.  However, they went ahead and sent me December's bag at the beginning of this month. I haven't received this month's actual bag yet, though.  I wonder if they are considering the bag I received at the beginning of the month my January bag, even though it was the stuff everyone else got for December? I want this month's stuff!

I'm having bad luck with subs this month. I got an email about my Beauteque bag, and I won't get it until they restock.  My Petit Vour box was no good, the stuff in my Wantable box didn't fit, and I cancelled Ipsy after yet another lackluster bag.  Birchbox was meh. Woe is me. ;-)

Has anyone not received the January bag yet? I subscribed at the very end of December, thinking that my first bag would probably be in January.  However, they went ahead and sent me December's bag at the beginning of this month. I haven't received this month's actual bag yet, though.  I wonder if they are considering the bag I received at the beginning of the month my January bag, even though it was the stuff everyone else got for December? I want this month's stuff!

I'm having bad luck with subs this month. I got an email about my Beauteque bag, and I won't get it until they restock.  My Petit Vour box was no good, the stuff in my Wantable box didn't fit, and I cancelled Ipsy after yet another lackluster bag.  Birchbox was meh. Woe is me. ;-)
Have you tried contacting them?

3B bills you on the same day each month, which I think is the same day you signed up (give or take a day for faulty memory). So it's possible that your cycle is later in the month than the rest of us, spilling over into the next month. If that's the case, I hope they consider switching to more uniform billing and shipping for everyone. 

Have you tried contacting them?

3B bills you on the same day each month, which I think is the same day you signed up (give or take a day for faulty memory). So it's possible that your cycle is later in the month than the rest of us, spilling over into the next month. If that's the case, I hope they consider switching to more uniform billing and shipping for everyone. 
That makes sense.  Mine is shipped in the beginning of the month but I signed up December 6th.  When I asked about shipping, she did say that they ship out several times a month, not just on one day.

Thanks-

I haven't contacted them yet, because honestly, it just occurred to me that I hadn't received it yet, and we're headed toward the end of the month.

That explanation sounds reasonable.  I'm going to give it a few more days and see what happens.

Skinfood will be in this month's bag according to Facebook :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm excited, but I'm worried that it's going to be the little tiny bottles that come in a 2-pack in a little box. It would be fine if it's kind of like the laneige sample last month and they include a few decent-sized items as well. could be a good one! So far they haven't let me down!

Back