911** My nails are hurting so BAD!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most purported "strengtheners" contain formaldehyde, which irritates my skin and make nails so hard that they become brittle and breakage-prone. The Lady Soma Skin Nail cream worked better for my nails, but you have to use it for like a month till you notice a difference.

Most purported "strengtheners" contain formaldehyde, which irritates my skin and make nails so hard that they become brittle and breakage-prone. The Lady Soma Skin Nail cream worked better for my nails, but you have to use it for like a month till you notice a difference. 

Did your nails hurt because they used a drill to file them on top of the nail plate? Did you pull the acrylic off the nail plate?

Your nail plate has been compromised and is very thin. That is why they hurt. Your fingers will feel very vulnerable until your nail grows up the nail bed. New nail will grow, you can use a nail strengthener like Nail Envy by OPI and take Biotin to help them grow faster. They will feel very thin when they are wet too because nails are porous and when when wet will be pliable.

If you can't stand the feeling, go to a reputable salon, one that does not file the top of the nail with the drill and get an overlay of acrylic, very thin. Then let it grow off with your nail growth. When new nail grows it will be strong. If the overlay lifts off after a month or more at least you will have some fresh growth to protect your nail bed.

Your nails are composed of dead cells, they do not need to breath and nail beds will not grow thicker under acrylic. Those were a few things I read in the above posts. 

Best of luck, 

I need help! I'm Not even kidding!  Ok, everyone knows the story and all the details about acyrlic nails how bad, ruin you nails blah,blah!

But now that they are off first of all my hands look 90yrs.old, UGLY, ok I can live with that but they hurt sooooo bad! What do I put on them? Please I know someone out there has the answer, because at one time or another haven't we all done it? Oh, failed to meation I have been wearing acyrlic for years-----YES, because they hurt so bad you put damn things back on, cause you can't stand it!! Love ya'll, please Help!

Take a bowl of water. Add Tamarind and some sugar into the bowl. Mix the ingredients gently. Now, apply the paste on the affected area.  
It will definitely works for you. 

Back