A Date with the Oscars 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh god... Helen Hunt. Her makeup and hair ages her badly because there is nothing there to lift her face or to give you a focal point. She's a beautiful woman and her hairstylist and MUA should have played her features up.

Nicole Kidman - the look would have worked with a stronger eye. Maybe a fuller eyelash or a cat eye like Adele's. It's just too soft for Nicole. Because she's wearing a darker dress she needed a darker lip or a darker eye but nothing too heavy or it would be too much. Her hair... not liking it since it kind of looks dirty.

Oh god... Helen Hunt. Her makeup and hair ages her badly because there is nothing there to lift her face or to give you a focal point. She's a beautiful woman and her hairstylist and MUA should have played her features up.
Oh, right... I don't have cable... I thought my i5 would bring me into the 21st century...

Halle Berry needs a lip color. It's TOO nude and TOO matte so she looks like she doesn't have a lip color on at all. The eyes are not bad, the cheeks... I'm not sure it looks a little too low for my own tastes and wish the color was just a smidge higher because she has killer cheekbones. Her brows... too gray? I don't know something is off with the brows.

Nicole Kidman - the look would have worked with a stronger eye. Maybe a fuller eyelash or a cat eye like Adele's. It's just too soft for Nicole. Because she's wearing a darker dress she needed a darker lip or a darker eye but nothing too heavy or it would be too much. Her hair... not liking it since it kind of looks dirty.
Yeah, her hair is typical Kidman hair...

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup and it's too bad. Her natural hair is amazing. Big red curls. It was very striking on her. Instead she lightens it and it dulls her look.

Amy Adams looks amazing, like a princess which I always associate her with lol. Jennifer Lawrence looks so classy and gorgeous. I just think she is super pretty and I love silver linings playbook and hope they win big tonight. 

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup and it's too bad. Her natural hair is amazing. Big red curls. It was very striking on her. Instead she lightens it and it dulls her look.

Yes! When she has her natural color or even a darker color she looks vibrant but when she goes blonde or a lighter red it does dull her.

Halle Berry needs a lip color. It's TOO nude and TOO matte so she looks like she doesn't have a lip color on at all. The eyes are not bad, the cheeks... I'm not sure it looks a little too low for my own tastes and wish the color was just a smidge higher because she has killer cheekbones. Her brows... too gray? I don't know something is off with the brows.
Her go to look... seems the norm and nothing new, but love the dress. Nicole Kidman's dress is too much. . It's wearing her...dunno what's going on because she used to always be so chic and on top of the best dressed lists! Jennifer Lawrence looks stunning! Beautiful gown, hair, makeup..soft, elegant and all grown up. Anne Hathaway.. boring me lol.

I *think* it's the light of the flash that is washing out the outer areas of her brows that's making the black look grey. Its also brightening up the silver strips on her sleeve. You're right though, her brows do look off regardless.

Ok, Sandra Bullock - also aging. The cheeks are nice but the lips look almost chapped because it's so matte and nude. With her I wish her hairstylist would have pulled her hair off her face since she has an amazing long neck. I'm really hating the matronly dress on her as well. I can't stand dresses like that style because it's too high up and matronly which is boring on the red carpet.

Salma - that neckline makes her neck look shorter and thicker - not a flattering collar. LOVE her hair off her face since it shows off her features but that neckline/collar is bugging me because it cuts her neck. The eye makeup is not bad but the lips... wish she was wearing a coral because the color on her lips is not flattering to her dress and coloring.

Jennifer Garner brows are bugging me. It feels like the MUA didn't run a spoolie through it to tame the brows or even out the brows thus making the brows look "wavy". The blush also looks to be a bit low on her cheeks and with her strong cheekbones it should have been placed higher. But that right brow (on our left) is really bugging me.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Salma Hayek

Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck

Zoe Saldana looks stunning, head to toe..but Jessica Chastain is my fave so far. She has an elegant beauty and I've been a fan of her Red Carpet looks.

Back