Acne scarring help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far, I have used the Dr Max Powers Scar Serum twice a day for roughly a week. My newest scars seem to have faded a little – they don’t look as dark or as pronounced. I have noticed these effects on my older scars - I think that with long-term use of this product, my older scars will also become less apparent.

Ive had a deep scar on my forehead for 7 years and has always knocked my confidence - BUT I've used the CItrus Clear Tangerine Tingle Scrub for about a week now and I have nothing but good things to say about it! I My deep dark scar is already noticeably different; a lot lighter. Highly recommended, and I just want to thank the company for giving me a massive confidence boost

I recently posted about how cucumber face toner can be used to cure acne. Posting a short version for fellow members.

Benefits of Cucumber or cucumber face toner

Silica – It is a rich source of nutrients that replenishes the skin. 

Vitamin A – Protects against UV damage and slows signs of aging by encouraging healthy skin cell production.

Potassium – Potassium keeps the skin moisturized and hydrated internally. 

Water – It is essential to maintain the optimum skin moisture and deliver essential nutrients to the skin cells. 

Vitamin C - Acts as chemical exfoliant which removes the dead cells. Reduce the appearance of brown spots and other types of sun damage.

Vitamin B1 – It is an antioxidant that helps to increase blood circulations and speeds up cell metabolism to get healthy skin. It also protects us from the effects of ageing, smoking and alcohol consumption.

Procedure of cucumber face toner to treat acne Ingredients
  • 1 medium sized cucumber
  • Few fresh Basil leaves
  • Few drops of tea tree oil
Steps
  1. Peel the cucumber and cut into small pieces.
  2. Put cucumber and a handful of basil leaves in a blender and make smooth running paste.
  3. Run this paste through a strainer or a sieve or an old but clean handkerchief or a cheese cloth.
  4. Put the mixture in a spray bottle.
  5. Now add few drops of tea tree oil in the bottle and shake it well to mix all the ingredients.
How to apply
  • Apply the toner to your freshly cleansed skin using a cotton ball or pad, avoiding the eye area.
  • Apply usual, daily oil free moisturizer after the toner has dried.
  • Always shake the bottle before applying toner on face.
  • Repeat daily twice for fast result.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lemon juice is an excellent skin lightening agent. It is the acid in lemon juice that helps brighten your skin and make the scars less visible. It can, in fact, fade away freckles and lighten the dark scars faster.

• Take a fresh lemon and squeeze out its juice. Apply this juice directly on your scars with finger tips or a cotton ball, leave it for ten minutes and wash it off with water. Do this once a day for two to three weeks during which you can see your scars diminish considerably. If you want, you can also mix honey with your lemon juice to make it some more effective in reducing the acne scars.
  • If your skin is very sensitive, diliute lemon juice by mixing some rose water and then apply on your scars.
You can even mix a teaspoon of lemon juice with two teaspoons of Vitamin E oil and then apply this to your acne scars. Vitamin E is a very good emollient with a lots of antioxidants that protects and even improves your skin texture.

I have dark spots and acne scarring because I have no self control and would pick at my face. I also have sun damage spots. I've been using Clear Essence medicated bar soap and the fade cream after. It's been like two and a half weeks and the lighter spots have already started to fade a bit. They aren't super expensive around $6-$9. It's marketed toward darker skin tones due to hyperpigmentation in scarring but it works on all skin tones and types!

Acne is really scary and ultimately destroys your appearance and look. For reducing the scars, you can use the mixture of lemon and honey on regular basis. Consuming Vitamin B5 in a sufficient amount is also an effective acne treatment which will help in reducing scars, acne breakouts and will provide your skin a  natural smoothness and firmness.

Scars are mainly caused due to acne breakouts, or utmost due to an injury or surgery. It happens because the acne breakouts penetrate the skin deeply and damage the skin and the tissue beneath it. Body repairs the damage as the acne clears out.  During the process of healing, collagen is produced: a support system to the skin. And, if this collagen production is too little or too much, the scars appears. The type of scar depends on how much collagen your body makes.Try Revitol Scar Removal Cream it is one the most popular scar removal products available online. It is a scar treatment that uses all natural ingredients, working together to rejuvenate the skin.

You could check and see if your insurance would cover an initial visit with a dermatologist.  It's possible there's a clinical peel or treatment that's not too expensive that would give you the results you want rather than experimenting at home, depending on the severity of the scarring.

Definitely try something with rose-hip oil in it, it's a-maz-ing for getting rid of scars. (Virginic's repair face serum is great for that because it also has some other goodies for your skin).
Hope that helps!

You can remove acne scars. Acne scars are similar to stretch marks in that it is damaged tissue.
I've stretch marks since I was junior high from a combination of puberty and corticosteriod cream. I felt hopeless because older stretch marks are really hard to get rid of. I recently decided that I wanted to get rid of them and started experiment. The ones that bother me the most are on my calves because everyone notices them. I am still experiment and documenting my progress in a personal blog called fadeyourscars

Back