Acne Scars

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mederma works well, i used it for other scars and within time (depending how old or new the scars are) it works really well. It works for acne, surgery and basically any kinda scar, and it's pretty cheap at the drugstore. Walgreen's makes one too that works exactly like Mederma and it's even cheaper.

I use to have horrible acne. It was the worst kind, as it was cystic and spreading. What caused it? I think a combination of a few things, however; what helped me was Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair. This serum is incredible and helped tremendously. Now, I use it with other products such as Boscia's Purifying Cleansing Gel, Clinique's Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion, Kate Somerville's Deep Tissue Repair Cream, Ole Henriksen's Lemon Strip Flash Peel, and Raw Coconut Oil and my skin is amazing now. Also, the key is to exfoliate. I use several including Peter Thomas Roth's buffing beads for face and body and lemon juice/brown sugar scrub. The scars have disappeared and so has my acne.

I have acne marks plus skin discoloration in my face. And it really bothers me. Where can I buy chemical peels? Is it available online and is it safe to use? By the way which is more effective for ice pick pimple marks? Is it dermal roller or dermal fillers? Can someone enlighten me, please. I really want to get rid of my acne marks. Thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by Ysabelle Sofia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have acne marks plus skin discoloration in my face. And it really bothers me. Where can I buy chemical peels? Is it available online and is it safe to use? By the way which is more effective for ice pick pimple marks? Is it dermal roller or dermal fillers? Can someone enlighten me, please. I really want to get rid of my acne marks. Thanks!
Afternoon Ysabelle :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing scarring - sadly many of us have in the past or still do.

I would advise against any sort of home treatment using chemical peels (if they are even offered).  While a chemical peel can really help with facial rejuvenation, you're definitely going to want to visit a respected dermatologist who offers chemical peels.  They are specially trained for these types of procedures and I would hate to hear you attempted it on your own and something adverse occurred.

Regarding ice pick acne marks, according to this article they require a cosmetic surgical procedure, called punch excision, which I'm not familiar with. This procedure will leave a scar; however it will eventually fade and become less noticeable than the original acne scar. This new scar should and I want to emphasize the work should be treatable with laser procedures. Specifically, the articles mention that a Fraxel (fractional laser) could work for smoothing out the new scars and evening out your skin tone.  Again this should be done by a professional.

I understand your desire to cure yourself, but you should probably just pay a visit to a Doctor and start a routine &/or procedure that they suggest.

What are your thoughts?

-JO

I don't know. I only use homemade beauty products for my skin.

Have you ever tried putting milk on your skin overnight?

That's what I do, and it really helps with whiteheads and scars

Thanks Jillian.  Your thoughts is very informative and helpful.  I already visit my dermatologist and she gave me whitening cream for my acne scar and diamond peel for several sessions will do.  Thanks for this site that i can get info and idea, likewise I can give mine too.

By the way ms. Natalie,, my mom has good and clear skin because she also use oatmeal with milk but he rinse off after it gets dry.

Turmeric with curd and honey also protect our skin from acne.

Also it help to have healthy and glowing skin. I am using it from past few days.

Back