Acne ):

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure about the long time scars but 

for acne,

drink green tea or lots of water to eliminate toxins from the body.

Don't stress out. You could try putting milk on your face, it does wonders on my skin...

Im about to order the 10% and 5% aha skin resurfacing kit from paulas choice. Ive read that its helped people with current acne and scars. I guess it does wonders for your skin. Has anyone used this product?

You must visit Jarvis cosmetics. Jarvis Cream and Serum are awesome; these are first skin care product that are targeting skin immune system. Having healthiest skin immune system is the key to have glowing skin. I am sure you will get rid of acne.

Im about to order the 10% and 5% aha skin resurfacing kit from paulas choice. Ive read that its helped people with current acne and scars. I guess it does wonders for your skin. Has anyone used this product?
I got the 8% AHA exfoliating one in my BB. I really like it. It helped even out my skin and my make up applied better. I looked it up a few weeks ago and you can get it on amazon!

I have the problem of breaking out on one side of my face, but I think it's because I rest my head on my hand when I'm reading in bed. I also sometimes get breakouts near the temples of my glasses. You might try wiping down your phone, glasses, and any other stuff that touches your face on a regular basis with an antibacterial wipe and make sure to launder your pillowcase every couple days. 

As far as over the counter stuff goes, I like Clinique's emergency gel lotion (5% benzoyl peroxide) or Clean and Clear PersaGel 10 (10% benzoyl peroxide) for deep cystic acne and something like Neutrogena Fight and Fade with 2% salicylic acid for acne that has come to the surface and to help with scars. If your skin is sensitive, there are products with lesser amounts of the active ingredients, which can be very drying.

I'm almost to the bottom of a container of First Aid Beauty Blemish Patrol Pads, and sorry to report they didn't make a difference. Can anyone recommend a toner pad that's good for acne?

I also received some Clarisea salt face soak that I mixed up with a little water last night and tried using as a toner. I didn't love the way it felt on my skin without rinsing, but I can cope if it works. Has anyone tried this?

Update on the Clarisea: I found that MOLD was growing in the bottle I mixed the salt solution in after about 6 weeks.  :sick: I tossed it. I wouldn't have thought that anything could have survived that much salt, but I guess it can grow on something in there. If you mix up your own salt treatments, I would recommend mixing as you go or storing in the fridge to prevent a disgusting discovery.

I've been using Neutrogena RapidClear 2% salicylic acid treatment pads after trying the Dr. Dennis Gross One Step Acne Eliminating Pads, and I like the Neutrogena version much better. I love DDG products in general, but the pads burned unlike any cosmetic treatment I have applied to my face in the past. The Neutrogena version seems much more gentle for having the same percentage of active ingredient, smells better, and is much much cheaper.

Wash your face twice a day with a product that contains  Benzoyl peroxide. This is a key ingredient and in my opinion has the best results. In regards to your scares, there are treatments such as IPL for acne which can help restore healthy skin. 

I Suffered from Acne when I was in my teens and I must admit that taking on a daily regimen helped. I was scarred it would be pricey but I found a great website to help me get all the products I needed. 
So I used a daily wash, I also bought a acne treatment machine which was pretty expensive but I was desperate. 

I also bought these little towels that absorb excess oils on the face. There are several approaches the most important things are consistency and finding a good sunblock.

Now days I am using Aloe vera... it does not 100% help to get rid of acne but awesome to have soft and glowing skin...

Back