Allure Fall Beauty Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I probably wouldn't purchase this box if I didn't already pre-purchase it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's not a must have for me, since I already have or have had many of these products.

Plus I think this box is missing the more aspirational mass products that they included in the past like, IT cosmetics, Butter London, GK hair etc. Maybe I will feel differently once it arrives though.

I'm actually looking forward to the toothbrush! And the Make it Straight. But mostly the toothbrush.
I've been trying to decide on whether to get this box. I was really excited about Make it Straight, so I looked it up on Amazon. It's got really bad reviews. A lot of people said it smells really bad, and they couldn't get the smell out of their hair with multiple washes.

Speaking for myself, I'd rather take the 45 dollars and splurge on make-up I might not normally get.  My own personal heroine is high end lipsticks, so I'd probably convince myself that this 40 bucks was free money towards a Guerlain Rouge G or YSL Volupte.  Or maybe I'll try Birchbox for 3 months.

I think the monetary value is there, but I get beauty boxes for the chance to try out things I can't find locally, and this looks like regular old Walgreens/Mart stuff. 
With shipping it's a lot more (can't recall how much but maybe $55+?)

You're welcome. No one likes stinky hair so I thought I'd warn you. I can't make up my mind on it. There's a lot of hair products I can't use since I don't use shampoo with sulfates, and I can't use the Redkin stuff for blondes, since I'm a brunette. But when I added up the cost of products I would actually use I came up with $112 so the value is definately there.

With shipping it's a lot more (can't recall how much but maybe $55+?)
The spring box was $58 and some change with the shipping and tax.  I decided against this box.  I hit up my local Target last night and got a whole bunch of Carol's Daughter stuff that was on clearance.  I only spent $40 and bought a ton of stuff I will actually use.  Feeling a little relieved that I won't be glued to my PC next Tuesday frantically refreshing :lol: I'm hoping that the next box will be better.

I'm glad I actually could not get the link to work yesterday, the more I look at this the more I am happy I did not get it. Don't get me wrong, I would use some of these products. But, the products are not that interesting for me. Like other people said, I would rather sped the 55 dollars on something else.

So the link is live again.... not to purchase, but gives you info on each item in the box, plus FAQ at the bottom of the page (like one box per household).  It also says 
header-image-copy.png

Aloxxi Dry Shampoo - 20.00

Arm & Hammer Spin brush- 8.99

Arm & Hammer toothpaste- 3.49

Ban cooling cloths - 2.64

burts bees lip crayon - 8.99

cetaphile gentle skin cleanser- 9.29

clean & clear acne scrub 6.47

curel rough skin rescue lotion 8.88

Dove deep moisture body wash 5.49

elf makeup remover wipes 3.04

soy renewal oil -22.95

jergens natural glow 8.49

john frieda shampoo 5.99

john frieda heat activate spray 8.99

john frieda deep conditioner 11.99

make is straight salon blow out 17.49

organic doctor mud mask 11.99

organic doctor deep conditioner 11.99

organic doctor tee tree face wash 11.99

real techniques blush brush 8.99

redken blonde idol bbb spray 19.00

sally hansen miracle gel duo 14.99

tresemme 7 day smooth 6.98

total based on target, walmart and amazon non sale prices: $239.11

Well isn't this interesting... the link IS live.
So did you actually get a confirmation that you are receiving the box?  Or did they send you an e-mail saying that it was not valid?

I would be surprised if they didn't null all orders taken before the live date.

Ladies-please post any backdoor links you may find---that's the only way I got through last sale!  Hoping the Allure God's smile on us!

So I decided to pass this time around, but I wanted to see if I could get through on the site anyway. The second it changed, I clicked and it was already sold out....oh goodness...I really hope all who wanted it find a way to get it...good luck!

Yes, with no plans to buy, I clicked in at 12:04 and the website was temporarily unavailable. 

The rants should be fun!

Back