Allure Summer Beauty Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screw it...I'm not going to keep my eyes on this any longer, just waiting for them to take my money (like that Futurama meme I love so much). You know we're probably all going to get emails from them in the next few days too, offering that multi-box guarantee again. I bet it'll be more money now.

I'm glad to come here and find that everyone is having the same problem that I am with the black page.  I haven't been to FB, and I guess I'll stay away from that drama...  Good grief, I'm bummed that there is a problem and I'll put on my pouty face, but I'm not going to scream and shout at anyone. 
I know right!  I'm just an African-Amercian naturalista who likes to straighten my hair from time to time.  I will just have to keep trying since this box would be perfect for me to keep the frizz away.  By the way, my name is Valerie, too! 

I think they must have sold them out with that presale or almost sold them out.   I was able to purchase all the other boxes actually with just a little effort.  I don't know of anyone who was able to actually get through to the website this time.   The website loaded fine for me all the other times the box was on sale .

It just loaded...to the COMING SOON page. I don't even need/want this box but now I feel like I have to try to get it. 

Well, I'm going to keep trying, but either way today is a good day because my Conscious Collections box came in! I always love their stuff. It's kinda like the natural version of the Allure box and I've never had a problem ordering it. Haha

i took this as good karma. i woke up at 9:30 and was thinking to myself I kinda wanted this one anyway... 

People on facebook are really angry and calling them.   It would be nice if they made a statement on facebook. strange

Well, there are several posts on FB from people that say they called CS who all say its sold out.  I still don't see how that could be since I have yet to see a single person anywhere say they were able to get on, but maybe somehow they oversold the pre-order.  Does anyone know if the pre-order link still worked today?  I know it doesn't work now.

I think it got too popular :angry:

At this point I don't think that they can randomly have the website start working. Anyone else thing they'll set a new date for it?

Maybe they're having "technical difficulties" to see who's dedicated enough to refresh a page for hours on end until it finally loads... lol

Just saw this posted on the Allure FB page from someone (they got it as a message response from Allure apparently)

Beauty Box fans: please be patient. Our site went down when the sale was to go live at 12:01 pm today, but we are working hard to get it fixed ASAP. Please continue to check back throughout the day.

I think this is a sign. I've been wavering on the edge of "to buy / not to buy" and since I'm broke and desperately trying to save money so I can move...I think that my credit card does not need another charge. Thanks for dropping the ball and saving me some money, Allure! ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ha, throughout the day. great. so i can't leave my computer now, cool beans 

Just saw this posted on the Allure FB page from someone (they got it as a message response from Allure apparently)

Beauty Box fans: please be patient. Our site went down when the sale was to go live at 12:01 pm today, but we are working hard to get it fixed ASAP. Please continue to check back throughout the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone also put this on facebook:

I just got off of the phone with a customer service supervisor who told me to send an email to [email protected] for inquiries on the beauty box and that is has sold out. I asked him how it could sell out if people could never get the page loaded...he cut me off and said "I don't know, this is what I've been told to do"....great customer service Allure. Your lack of response and I don't care attitude towards your subscribers and customers is shameful.
I'm skeptical that it sold out since the site never loaded for anyone and it's still not loading correctly. Seems like an IT problem to me.

But seriously, no one let me buy this. I don't need 293520358052 cans of hairspray and I just placed a big Sephora order today (bad!) because they're on double cash back on ebates today.

Yeah, I figured this was the issue. People have been trying to get on the site since before 9AM, of course the site is going to crash. 

Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 9.55.14 AM.png

popular!

Latest posts

Back