Any "chronic returners" out there?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i try not to be a "chronic returner"

occassionly, it does happen- usually if i'm in a rush

I am definately a chronic returner. Usually I'll buy something and either my mom or my friends won't like it, or I have buyers remorse, so back it goes. Sometimes when I look at my upcoming credit card statement I'll be in shock at the number, so anything with tags that I can bear to part with goes back to the store. It's a nasty habit and my friends make fun of me all the time for it. I just need to stay out of the mall =(.

I try not to return things, so I rarely have to, but when I do, I feel as if I'm under a spotlight with a microphone attached to me,and a huge glowing cage suddenly around me,every other customer peering through the bars at me like I'm some kind of a reject of nature. Well,only at one place I love to shop,which makes returning things a nightmare, do I feel this way: the SA's are so rude about it,they practically fingerprint you,or do some sort of "character check"on the computer,force you to prove you can walk a straight line, before they take back a single item...I wish I didn't love this store, b/c I'm too scared to return things there anymore;I have the fear that next time I try to,they might not only ask me to leave their store immediately but the country,as well--or make damn sure in the next few minutes that I'll want to.

But usually,I feel bad for employees,having the extra hassle of returns, and a bit embarrassed myself, so even if the place is fairly nice about returns, I'm still never comfortable returning things,and do it less often than I probably should.

I don't return because when I worked in retail I dealt with chronic returners. I never really buy anything that I am unsure about.

Same here...i currently work in retail and at my job, when people return stuff you sold to them, the take it out of your pocket so im very considerate people. I never buy anything i know i might return. I think its awful and yes, they keep track of people that return stuff all the time.

This lady was turned down twice and came back yesterday and we turned her down again and let Loss prevention know so they can keep their eye on her.

Back