Are you happier being single?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont feel any different now that Im in a relationship. Aside from the fact that Im not dating other people its pretty much the same. My life has never revolved around dating so idk i have better things to do. lol

Originally Posted by Minka /img/forum/go_quote.gif You can always tell when I date someone, because I gradually put on weight ;|. I'm on the same boat with you. We pig out because it's a good social activity.
I like being in a relationship, but I feel like I never want to get attached because once I do, I feel like I've lost my individuality.

I've been both. I've been in relationships where I was miserable, I'm in a relationship currently that makes me so incredibly happy, and I also had years of being single where it was the best thing I was so happy.

I was a hundred million billion times happier in my relationship, and i'd give anything to have it back. Even though it was hard, it seemed that it was worth it.

Being single is very, very lonely.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont feel any different now that Im in a relationship. Aside from the fact that Im not dating other people its pretty much the same. My life has never revolved around dating so idk i have better things to do. lol same here. I never changed anything I do or say when I am in relationship. I still want and get my "me"-time, which is no problem cause none of my partners were/are the super-attached, clingy type that has to spend every living second with you. Now that would be my kind of relationship hell!
I was happy being single too, cause I still usually had flirts, affairs etc
eusa_whistle.gif

I think it depends on how the relationship is going. But if I just think of all the heartbreaks and all the bad emotions that comes in a relationship then I'd probably wish I was single. However, knowing what I knew now, and experiencing as much as I have had. I would've put off dating till I was a bit much older since it's really stressful. lol.

I think part of me wants that, I have breaking up with my boyfriend of now 2 yrs a couple months back and it is so hard to move on. The fact that we keep seing each other is not easy to move on. I dont even know why I stick around, because the end result will be probably the same. I feel so weak, for this person that the day I do not feel anything for him anymore. I will be so happy!!!. I love him so much..but we are just so different and seems I could only be with him at his own terms he is not looking to compromise. I know with him or without I am unhappy that is the crazy !!! thing. I m so lost. I do not know what path to take, I have giving so much of me to this relationship, that I do not know what to do now.

I definately enjoyed being single, but I apparently seem happier in my current relationship - to everyone else - than I did when single.

It`s difficult to say are you happy or sad when you are in a relationship ot alone....When someone is alone searching someone to be with him.....Women always searching the best...as they emagin it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmm I guess I get a little lonely at time, but my girl friends manage to fill that void by taking me out on a fun girls night out.

like all previous answers, I guess it depends. I was in a very hostile relationship, as soon as I came out of that one I went straight onto another one. (bad idea) but I felt like I was imprisoned for 2.5yrs. I was secluded from the rest of the world. Hence I was pretty happy when I was single again. it's been 1.5yrs since my last relationship, I've been in 'date" or whatever... but as soon as I get close to them i push them away. to be honest I'm sitting on the bench. I'm indecisive as to whether I want to be in a relationship or not, I'm a little sick of possessive clingy bfs.. yet at the same time I do miss the company of always having someone there.

I was engaged when I was 18, so I really only had a year of being single and independent, but I don't regret it. I'm happy with my husband and we have a great life together. I think it's fun going through life with someone else and being there for each other. He's in the army, so it's even more important for him to have someone to talk to while he's deployed and everything. I think we help each other out and motivate each other.

I am allot like you ^^ Janet in the sense that I had very little time single I was in a six year relationship in high school with what once was a best friend and turned into a nightmare. After it fell apart I will never speak to that person again and spent a just one year after that single sulking about what a chunk of my life had been wasted. I kept busy and I met my new best friend who is the complete opposite and has taught me many great life lessons in the two short years we have been together.

You have to share similar values and morals but be different in personalities that complement each other. There is always some sacrifice from both sides but the question is are you willing to make it and are some sacrifices so great you will stand your ground or forget your hang up and let your mate have that freedom. I see it as a best friendship of course and best friends will argue but it's more important how you make up. Will this friendship last a life time I will never know, will the things that I once loved become annoying like my aunt who got a divorce at 47 I hope not.

I would be perfectly capable of taking on the single life again, meet someone else, and try again; however, that is not something I would ever wish for, I do see myself with many children one day with this current guy. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, I am not too sure. I already spend a ton of time alone, and not having a bf will be SUICIDE! I don't have any gfs to turn to. lol. i'm a loner.
icon_eek.gif

I dated guys before meeting my current bf, but I've never had a real bf before my current bf. Mostly because...if I commit to someone I want to commit for the rest of my life.

My boyfriend of five years is my mentor/friend. I don't know where I would be without him.

I am glad that we don't live together. I have free time to figure out who I am, try to make my own money, etc.

and he has the time to work on his own stuff.

Sometimes Im Happy & Sometimes Im Not. When i'm Single That's More ME Time, More Time To Focus On Myself & My Interests . No Guy Drama, No Problems But At The Same Time It Gets Reaaaaaaaaally Lonely, Women Have Needs Especially Emotional . Although Ive Been Single For 2 Years, Id Have To Say I Am Happier Single.Dates Here & There But Nothing Serious. Its Not Then Men, Its Me. I'm Tooo Picky haha, If They Don't Meet My Standards Thats a NO NO:)

I am in high school. I prefer staying single because in high school, there is drama, other girls, and backstabs. I am single and love staying that way. Let's face it - high school boys are almost always immature and clueless, and there are mean girls who "steal" them. I don't want to go through that.

Great topic!  I'm loving reading all the responses.  I think it's important to be happy...whether you are single or not.  And, being single is not so bad.  In fact, there are a lot of positives to it.  I enjoy that I get to make all the decisions on what I watch, eat and listen.  And, I am focusing on my life and things that I can do to make myself happy.  If I meet someone, great.  If not, I'm still pretty damn pleased. 

I wrote a book that makes for a great gift for you or your single friends.  I think you all would enjoy it.  It's called "365 Reasons Why I'm Still Single."  It's a lighthearted and fun take on being single...and a reason for every day of the year.  Check it out on Amazon or be a fan on Facebook (or both!) *edited by mod*

Originally Posted by Amber204 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have to share similar values and morals but be different in personalities that complement each other. There is always some sacrifice from both sides but the question is are you willing to make it and are some sacrifices so great you will stand your ground or forget your hang up and let your mate have that freedom. I see it as a best friendship of course and best friends will argue but it's more important how you make up. Will this friendship last a life time I will never know, will the things that I once loved become annoying like my aunt who got a divorce at 47 I hope not.

I totally agree with you, I don't think I could have lasted with someone that didn't share my same values and morals. I think keeping your relationship alive and remaining happy largely depends on you. It depends on whether you're willing to let your relationship fall by the wayside or if it's worth enough to you to keep it going. You're right, it does take some sacrifice. While my husband was still a cadet at West Point and while he was at armor school, I used to have to fly from Utah to New York for a few days every month. It wasn't easy, I had to work on the weekdays and balance my school schedule to include flying for a year, but I wouldn't trade the love we have for anything :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back